Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GATORS DC QUINN TELLS TAMPA BAY NO THANKS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #30 : February 06, 2012, 10:08:32 PM »

Players want to get paid and coaches want to win, it's that simple. The Glazers essentially neglected this franchise for the past half decade or more, now they are dealing with the consequences.

True.

When you sow the fields with salt, don't expect a harvest next season. >.>

Esco is right about this one. Ownership of any NFL team can't just underpay for many seasons and then just decide they want better for themselves.

You're also right, as they are going to have to literally right the ship that they themselves let fall into disrepair. They have made a damaging name for themselves in the Tampa public, but now it's even worse...the NFL as a whole knows their game.

Just think, if assistants are avoiding and cutting ties before they are even started, what does that say for FA? I look at the Pats, a team that has invested (and wisely). They are the other end of the NFL specrum compared to the Bucs imo. FA's WANT to go there, even with paycuts, because they know the team and OWNERSHIP want to win first.

Good luck Bucs when it comes time for a CB FA hire. The Pats need one or two, and they'll take paycuts to play there(and other playoffs level teams)

...Better "force" Claiborne into playing for the Bucs.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #31 : February 06, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »

It's funny...the fans are in an uproar because we are hiring college coaches...then when a college coach decides he doesn't want to come to Tampa Bay they lose their mind. It just goes to show you we have the worst fanbase in the NFL.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #32 : February 06, 2012, 10:14:11 PM »

It's funny...the fans are in an uproar because we are hiring college coaches...then when a college coach decides he doesn't want to come to Tampa Bay they lose their mind. It just goes to show you we have the worst fanbase in the NFL.

I don't think anyone is upset that Quinn isn't going to be our DC next season, bro. But if you can't see the issue with the fact that none of our first choices for any position seem to ever say yes, then those Pewter and Red colored glasses you have on must have some mighty thick lenses.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #33 : February 06, 2012, 10:14:39 PM »

i was dc of defense last year that only gave up 11 points per game average and scored more points then our offense on three occasions, given it was Texas junior high football, I promise if they offer me the job I will not turn it down

You will have to take a pay cut.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

« #34 : February 06, 2012, 10:14:54 PM »

The Glazers will spend whatever it takes... unless that of course costs Money.

Welcome aboard the season ticket family.  I hope the seats are good and the games are great!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #35 : February 06, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »

There's a seasoned guy out there now who is available. He's not too old at 50 years old and has 25 years of coaching experience, including 15 years in the NFL. He's coached LB's and DB's, and has six years of experience as a defensive coordinator in the pros.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #36 : February 06, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »

I don't think anyone is upset that Quinn isn't going to be our DC next season, bro. But if you can't see the issue with the fact that none of our first choices for any position seem to ever say yes, then those Pewter and Red colored glasses you have on must have some mighty thick lenses.

Number one - we have no idea if Quinn was offered the position. Some guy in Gainesville say it? Yeah, okay. For all we know the Bucs gave him a "Don't call us we'll call you" and he decided to make a big publicity stunt out of it. So he took his name out of the running...okay, whatever. Number two - this is just part of the process, man. Schiano is just trying to find a right fit for his staff.  For all we know they pretty much have the staff hired and they're going to announce it all at once.

All I'm saying is our fanbase is so desperate for information that they'll overreact to any kind of news. It doesn't matter who they hire - we're going to have twenty threads on here why it sucks. That's why our fanbase is terrible. You want to know why there is a negative perception of this franchise? Stop pointing that finger outward and point it inward, buddy. If our own fanbase doesn't support our team - then who the hell will?

Schiano hasn't even coached his first game and these nattering nabobs of negativity are already pissing all over the daisies.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #37 : February 06, 2012, 10:24:37 PM »

Maybe....just maybe....none of the first choices want to come here because they know (as history has repeatedly shown) that if they have one bad year, the Tampa fan base will immediately turn on them and ask for their heads.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #38 : February 06, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »

Maybe....just maybe....none of the first choices want to come here because they know (as history has repeatedly shown) that if they have one bad year, the Tampa fan base will immediately turn on them and ask for their heads.

Or maybe it all seems a bit too risky a jump for them. I seriously doubt that Quinn read the Pewter Report message board before he made his decision. More likely, he weighed the pros and cons, and the cons won.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
« #39 : February 06, 2012, 10:31:58 PM »

Couldn't be any worse than the New York media that wanted Coughlin gone about 1.5 months ago.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #40 : February 06, 2012, 10:40:06 PM »

Number one - we have no idea if Quinn was offered the position. Some guy in Gainesville say it? Yeah, okay. For all we know the Bucs gave him a "Don't call us we'll call you" and he decided to make a big publicity stunt out of it. So he took his name out of the running...okay, whatever. Number two - this is just part of the process, man. Schiano is just trying to find a right fit for his staff.  For all we know they pretty much have the staff hired and they're going to announce it all at once.

All I'm saying is our fanbase is so desperate for information that they'll overreact to any kind of news. It doesn't matter who they hire - we're going to have twenty threads on here why it sucks. That's why our fanbase is terrible. You want to know why there is a negative perception of this franchise? Stop pointing that finger outward and point it inward, buddy. If our own fanbase doesn't support our team - then who the hell will?

Schiano hasn't even coached his first game and these nattering nabobs of negativity are already pissing all over the daisies.

Quinn is a professional coach.  Publicity stunt?  Have you met/seen Coach Boom?  You're another maroon trying to rationalize everything into anything but the distinct possibility the Glazers have a NASTY rep in this league and this franchise has the plague.  This fanbase like Coach Gru more than many will admit.  That firing was very unpopular as was the Morris hiring.....the Talib incidents.....it goes on and on.  But maroons like you try to put it on everything but the franchise itself.  The fans?  After ten losses in a row?  Lowest payroll in the nfl for players and COACHES??????  BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm tired of jerk offs like you.....blaming anyone and everyone but ONE BUC PLACE.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #41 : February 06, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »

It's funny...the fans are in an uproar because we are hiring college coaches...then when a college coach

A college coach? Try more than one.

Anom is completely right about where the fingers should be pointing. Fans don't make a great team, good ownership, team, and coaches do that. How in the hell can anyone point the finer at fans is beyond me. The Glazers created that "cheap" and/or "don't care about Tampa" talk all by themselves.
« : February 06, 2012, 10:44:35 PM Benchwarmer#1 »

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #42 : February 06, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »

Quote from: Scott Reynolds
PewterReport.com can confirm from multiple sources that Oregon head coach Chip Kelly backed out of the Tampa Bay head coaching job at the last minute after receiving a barrage of phone calls from friends in the coaching fraternity on Sunday January 22 telling him that the Bucs wouldn’t spend in free agency, that they typically underpay assistant coaches below the NFL average and that the team is going nowhere fast. One of those phone calls is believed to have come from former Bucs head coach Jon Gruden, who is a close friend of Kelly’s, although that has not been confirmed and is just speculation.

Still, it’s what many NFL sources think happened, and it has some plausibility.

PewterReport.com was told by multiple sources at the Senior Bowl that several coaches had decided not to interview for the job because of how little the Bucs pay their assistant coaches in terms of market value, and the fact that the team now signs its coaches to two-year deals that are really one-year deals with a one-year club option. That means that the team is in full control over whether the assistant gets to return or not, and if the coach does return, he is essentially in a lame-duck status on the final year of his deal without any real job security.

This week, PewterReport.com has heard from two sources that at least four assistant coaches have already turned down new head coach Greg Schiano because of the way the contracts are structured and how little the assistants are paid compared to the rest of the league. Sources tell PewterReport.com that the Bucs didn’t use to be this way. Under former general manager Bruce Allen the assistant coaches were paid quite handsomely, especially defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, who was one of the league’s highest-paid assistants, making over $1 million per year. But under Dominik, the Bucs have become even more frugal when it comes to spending money on assistants, and it likely isn’t coming from his direction.

The Glazers probably won’t like reading this, but they can squelch all of this talk about the perception that the team is cheap by doing one thing – spending money on assistant coaches and free agents and proving the fans, the media and the wide array of NFL sources that PewterReport.com spoke with at the Senior Bowl wrong.

Does this have its own thread?  It needs to....where are all the BS spewers????  How will this team ever be successful shopping at Big Lots???

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #43 : February 06, 2012, 11:04:45 PM »

CBWx2:

I hadn't read that report, thanks for posting. I don't believe it is 100% factual (in fact, I know that it isn't absolutely 100% factual) but I believe it is fairly accurate.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #44 : February 06, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »

It's in SR's latest Fab 5. It's Fab 4, I believe.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GATORS DC QUINN TELLS TAMPA BAY NO THANKS « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools