Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Turner as OC? CBS sports radio King David show reporting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 07, 2012, 02:13:23 PM

So we are going to b itch when we don't have anyone, b itch when we think it's a college guy with no exp and b itch when it ends up being an NFL guy with exp. Gotcha.

Typical on this BB. No matter what the Bucs do they will never be happy.

Considering this situation Ron Turners not bad. Would have preferred Haley or Arians but Turner is no slouch.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 07, 2012, 02:16:52 PM

again, where is the suppposed b i tch fest that is going on here?  Or are you guys making crap up?

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 07, 2012, 02:22:25 PM

again, where is the suppposed b i tch fest that is going on here?  Or are you guys making crap up?
The **CENSORED**fest has been going on basically all season. A lot of it was warranted (basically from October to January) but now its time to stop whining and get on board. I suffered through some of the worst football I have seen in my life this season so in retrospect, this off-season is like going to a spa resort. Its not going to be easy to get back to a level of greatness that we once had, but its time we stop complaining about a lot of things. Some things do annoy us and its okay to bring it out there but the fact is that the process of finding coaches is only a month long. Think of it this way, if we had found all our coaches in the first week of the search, we had have less to talk about.

We need to just be paitent. Football is 6 months away basically. We need to relax and just realize we have time to kill. The Superbowl was just friggin 2 days ago for crying out loud. The off-season truly has just started.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 07, 2012, 02:22:57 PM

True. Majority of Bucs fans will like this if it's a legit hire. Eventually there will be a minority that will object. Human nature.

illinoisbucfan

Starter

#34 : February 07, 2012, 02:24:36 PM

Oh god no.  As a fan that is 5 minutes away from Champaign, IL.  I do not want Ron Turner on the Bucs staff.  He was horrible as the coach for the University of Illinois when he was here.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 07, 2012, 02:25:04 PM

My post was originally meant for the other thread regarding the same subject S and B.  My apologies.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 07, 2012, 02:26:16 PM

this isn't the coaching staff I had in mind 6 weeks ago but I've lowered my expectations considerably.  Like I said, we probably not going to get any better than someone like Ron Turner.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 07, 2012, 02:29:06 PM

Oh god no.  As a fan that is 5 minutes away from Champaign, IL.  I do not want Ron Turner on the Bucs staff.  He was horrible as the coach for the University of Illinois when he was here.
The University of Illinois is not exactly a hotspot for landing NFL caliber talent. You have a few guys that are good but all in all, that program is nothing special. It plays second fiddle to the big programs like Wisconsin, Penn State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa hell even Purdue.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 07, 2012, 02:30:58 PM

True, because we all know that human beings don't have the capacity to learn, improve or grow. Whatever he was is all he'll ever be.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 07, 2012, 02:36:50 PM

did he coach rejus benn?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 07, 2012, 02:36:55 PM

True, because we all know that human beings don't have the capacity to learn, improve or grow. Whatever he was is all he'll ever be.
In fairness, I suspect that this message board actually offers fairly good evidence of that thesis.  :p

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 07, 2012, 02:38:50 PM

Illnois should be a lot better than they are.  There's got be be more talent in that state than Iowa or Wisconsin or Indiana or Minnesota....  But no coach has done really well there.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 07, 2012, 02:40:40 PM

New Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano is moving closer to completing his coaching staff.[/quote]
Key word.

Lets get ready for the draft!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 07, 2012, 02:40:41 PM

did he coach rejus benn?
no.  that was Ron Zook.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 07, 2012, 02:44:50 PM

Turner has been pretty horrible.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Turner as OC? CBS sports radio King David show reporting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools