Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This organization is a **CENSORED**ing joke. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

: February 07, 2012, 10:48:05 PM

I've never seen anything like this. We are the only team that doesn't have a SINGLE coordinator or position coach officially hired yet (the rumored strength coach and WR coach don't count). We've already heard that they've been turned down by a couple coordinators, and we've been denied acces from a couple more. So were those our top choices that we had in mind? Are we onto our like 4th choice for each coordinator job? Now our top choice for OC is Ron Turner.......you have got to be **CENSORED**ing kidding me. I'm guessing nobody on here knows how his tenure with the Bears ended. The team basically ran him out of town he sucked so bad. Devin Hester, Jay Cutler among other players publicly complained about his playcalling. Cignetti was all but guaranteed to come here, but then he signs on with the Rams to be their QB coach. Straight up, I think some of the posters are right. This organization is being blacklisted by somebody. Either that, or all along they've had Hue Jackson and Butch Davis in their back pockets in Glazer stealth mode fashion and they've just been trying to do their due diligence on all coordinators and position coaches they have interest in before they make a decision. I feel awful about this, and it sucks because I was really excited after we first named Schiano our coach and after he gave his press conference. But this is starting to look really, really bad if we don't hear ATLEAST one position coach or coordinator hired within the next day or two. The one good thing is that Hue Jackson seems to fit what Schiano wants to a tee, and I don't think there's any other open OC jobs left in the NFL. Here's hoping the Glazers have something up their sleeve that we haven't heard a word about again.

sharp2325

Starter

#1 : February 07, 2012, 11:02:32 PM

It's going to be alright Blount Train.  No matter who the coaches are, we will have a better record than this year.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 07, 2012, 11:02:48 PM

Welcome to the club brah.

I don't understand the Turner hate given the WR corps (even to this day) for the Bears is mediocre.  But if Schiano wants to run the football, R. Turner is the guy to go to honestly.  I am disappointed that Cignetti went elsewhere but Turner actually has OC experience at the NFL level.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 07, 2012, 11:10:08 PM

but Turner actually has OC experience at the NFL level.

So did Lolson....oh crap.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 07, 2012, 11:11:47 PM

Olson didn't have much experience.

R. Turner is vastly superior than lolson and can deliver a power running game.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 07, 2012, 11:13:21 PM

Olson didn't have much experience.

R. Turner is vastly superior than lolson and can deliver a power running game.

Let us hope.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 07, 2012, 11:14:42 PM

Dead serious, with the way that he was being talked about by Cutler and Devin Hester, he really does remind me of Olson.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 07, 2012, 11:17:50 PM

Dead serious, with the way that he was being talked about by Cutler and Devin Hester, he really does remind me of Olson.

I wouldn't put much stock into what those two think. 

He worked wonders with Kramer and Grossman. Olson struggled with Bulger.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 07, 2012, 11:41:19 PM

Go find a new team. No one is keeping you here dumbass

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 08, 2012, 12:42:05 AM

Go find a new team. No one is keeping you here dumbass

Really? That's the opinion you have just because somebody states the obvious that this organization is looking like a joke right now? Maybe you should go find a new team if you can't accept the bad opinions with the good. I've been a fan of this team since 1996, and this season was by far the gloomiest one for me as a Bucs fan. Then we hire Coach Schiano and everybody (including myself) gets real giddy about the guy. We hear Belicheck and other coaches around the league rave about the guy and get excited that he must have some connections around the league. Then we get ATLEAST 4 reports of guys that either turned down or got denied by their fellow team for an interview as a coordinator with the Bucs. Then the best Rutgers connection that he had that we could have hired (Cignetti) chooses to go to the Rams as the QB coach even though we were offering him the same position. Something is obviously not right here, whether you want to be delusional or just act like it's all cool and we'll ride a Disney tale of Schiano and his best buds going from the college ranks to the NFL all the way to the Super Bowl. We fired our entire staff that was supposed to be so highly inexperienced, only to hire a whole new staff even MORE inexperienced. If you don't see any of this going on, then you sir are a dumbass. You can say all you want about Schiano coming in with a different attitude and disciplining our players, but WINNING is what cures situations like these, and if we continue to lose.....the uglyness and immaturity that we saw last season is going to come right back out with this young team.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 08, 2012, 01:01:02 AM

Calm down bro.

But yes it is disturbing.  All we can do is watch the paint dry haha.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 08, 2012, 01:13:39 AM

You guys have no idea how this will turn out. Right now is not the time to panic. They haven't even played a game yet. Not only that but you guys have no idea what happened to these suposive coaches that "turned" us down. If your going to call this organization a joke it should be because of what was last put on the field. Losing 10 in a row is a joke. Now they have the chance to redeem themselves with a new leader. Honestly the only thing fans can do is see it out.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 08, 2012, 01:19:00 AM

Then we get ATLEAST 4 reports of guys that either turned down or got denied by their fellow team for an interview as a coordinator with the Bucs.

So? Tony Dungy wasn't the first choice, either. Monte Kiffin wasn't Tony Dungy's first choice for DC, either.

Damn.

Then the best Rutgers connection that he had that we could have hired (Cignetti) chooses to go to the Rams as the QB coach even though we were offering him the same position.

We were? Are you his agent?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 08, 2012, 01:32:10 AM

So many assumptions it's not even funny.

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 08, 2012, 01:33:12 AM

Can we just delete this lame thread already?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This organization is a **CENSORED**ing joke. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools