Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The curious case of Bryce Brown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 10, 2012, 09:26:39 PM

If he gets a PS spot as an undrafted FA then he isn't getting a boatload of money. It's one of those situations where there is nothing to lose. He's obviously a very long shot, but he ridiculous potential. Giving him a shot as an UDFA or even in the 7th round just makes sense. I'm mean who else are you going to take in the 7th round that has that much upside?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 10, 2012, 09:31:03 PM

If he gets a PS spot as an undrafted FA then he isn't getting a boatload of money. It's one of those situations where there is nothing to lose. He's obviously a very long shot, but he ridiculous potential. Giving him a shot as an UDFA or even in the 7th round just makes sense. I'm mean who else are you going to take in the 7th round that has that much upside?

I would take a shot with a 7th rounder.   The GM's can interview him before hand, see whats cookin with the dude.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 10, 2012, 09:33:36 PM

Another negative is that he probably(i dont know) never played special teams since hes allways been "the man"

But I see your point. However, i doubt Schiano will bring in a guy like that. Accountability doesnt seem to be Brice's speciality.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 10, 2012, 09:35:33 PM

Another negative is that he probably(i dont know) never played special teams since hes allways been "the man"

But I see your point. However, i doubt Schiano will bring in a guy like that. Accountability doesnt seem to be Brice's speciality.

It seemed to be family problems from what I gathered.  Who knows, maybe the kid has matured.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 11, 2012, 09:08:57 AM

Agreed 100%.  The risk is well worth the reward.  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some team snatched him up in 5th.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 11, 2012, 05:51:52 PM

If we are mostly going off what he did in highschool then I want the kid who played with Chris Johnson in highschool. The coach and Chris Johnson himself said that he was better. Whats that guys name anyway????

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 12, 2012, 01:09:56 PM

I would spend a very late rounder on the guy.  Nothing early, like a 7th or maybe a 6th.  And I would interview him thoroughly before hand.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 02, 2012, 11:37:00 AM

First Start on Monday Night:  19 carries for 178 yards (9.4 YPC) and 2 TD's.

The Eagles took him with the 229th pick in the draft.  The Bucs used the 212th pick on Michael Smith.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#38 : December 02, 2012, 11:45:14 AM

Right now the end of the draft isn't looking to great, not giving up hope though.

Drafting Goode over Burfict looks bad right now too.Though both Burfict and Brown had character concerns.

My fantasy team greatly appreciates the performance.

Also we drafted Smith over Daryll Richardson and Brandon Bolden but this is all hindsight.
: December 02, 2012, 11:57:28 AM bucsquad

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 02, 2012, 09:50:16 PM

Bryce tearing it up tonight against the Cowgirls, hope the Bucs D can slow him down next week.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#40 : December 02, 2012, 10:15:32 PM

the late round of the 2012 draft was a indulgent disaster for Schiano....he took players who most likely wouldnt have been drafted at times when there was some VERY good football players still on the board because he had this homerisim for the Big East...the players he drafted late were trash...plain and simple...and players were passed who would have been great role players so Schiano could reach for garbage Big East nobodys

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 02, 2012, 10:47:57 PM

Hate to agree but I do. David and Martin were great picks, but Barron has really looked awful for the last 5 or 6 weeks....and we passed up some solid talent in the mid to late rounds to draft some real scrubs.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 02, 2012, 10:49:43 PM

has any team ever had a perfect draft?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 02, 2012, 10:52:13 PM

Not the point.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 02, 2012, 10:54:41 PM

kinda is.  fans expect microwave results.  tandy could turn out to be a key player for us next year...but fans will still whine this year because bryce brown has a great 2 game stretch this year.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The curious case of Bryce Brown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools