Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The curious case of Bryce Brown « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#75 : December 03, 2012, 03:02:35 PM

Norman would have been just what the Dr ordered with this secondary

and what is that?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#76 : December 03, 2012, 03:04:27 PM

, but some kids see college football for what it is, a barrier to them from earning money for three years and they don't like it. Start giving them paychecks in the NFL and suddenly the thing that used to be their biggest problem is no longer a problem.

who would you cite as examples of this?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#77 : December 03, 2012, 03:14:06 PM

in Round 5 we took Goode over Josh Norman  that right there is enough to frustrate ...forget Bryce Brown in the 7th

Yeah bro I hear ya. Josh Norman, Brandon Boykin, Alfonzo Dennard, Chase Minnifield....I mean late in the draft and these guys are sitting there just reaking of potential....and we pass. It's not like it was a secret that we needed better CBs....but we take Goode and Tandy. I was banging my head on the desk just wondering WTF?

Then, with guys like Chris Polk, Bryce Brown, Chris Rainey, Bobby Rainey, and Alfred Morris still on the board late...we take Michael Smith.

I was hoping I was wrong at the time, but it still seems like Goode, Tandy, and Smith would have gone undrafted if we hadn't taken them. Just wasted picks.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#78 : December 03, 2012, 04:27:43 PM

Norman would have been just what the Dr ordered with this secondary

and what is that?

depth...a warm body in the secondary...someone who would actually make the team and contribute in a position where we DESPERATELY need talent....unlike those other two

If the draft were held today Josh Norman AT WORST would be a second rounder....can we say the same for Goode and Tandy?

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#79 : December 03, 2012, 04:30:58 PM

and we cant say hindsight 20/20...Id say a good % of the board was alrady saying JUNK PICK when they came down the pike

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 03, 2012, 06:18:50 PM

Kinda how everyone was like wtf? when we drafted Myron Lewis in the 3rd round of the 2010 draft. At least that's how I felt.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#81 : December 03, 2012, 06:28:59 PM

Kinda how everyone was like wtf? when we drafted Myron Lewis in the 3rd round of the 2010 draft. At least that's how I felt.
The Myron Lewis pick was completely different. He was projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round like where we picked him, had great measurables (6'1" 4.42), and played against good competition. There was thought if he couldn't play CB he could be a good FS. Goode and Tandy were examples of the staff valuing familiarity with players and intangibles over real scouting.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#82 : December 03, 2012, 07:38:50 PM

Hopefully Bryce is still the flavor of the month in Philly, and he comes here and puts the ball on the ground a couple times.   

Looking for the Bucs to put one more nail in the coffin of Andy Reid.   Eagle fan will go balistic if the Bucs lay a whoopin on them.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#83 : December 03, 2012, 08:59:04 PM

If we don't dominate the Eagles, we have regressed. They are as bad or worse than the Raiders and Chiefs.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The curious case of Bryce Brown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools