Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone even thinking about jumping into Season tickets? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 09, 2012, 05:29:35 PM

Sad to see so many long time season ticket holders having doubts but it's completely understandable.
The cost of the event (so much more than the ticket price) and the time invested on game day is a lot to ask of anyone when the product is so poor and the ownership doesn't seem to be heavily invested.
Hopefully, some of that will change this year with the proclamation that the franchise is going to spend money in FA this year.
Let's hope they make some smart pickups.  We don't need any "Haynesworth-ian" contracts to become a burden for years to come.

Turn the page.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 09, 2012, 05:30:44 PM

I think for many, it depends on how much they spend in free agency.

If they stand still again, or drag their feet like they are doing in this coaching search, even more fans will walk away.

Better for me!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : February 09, 2012, 06:01:01 PM

I dropped my two lower level corner tickets because my wife didn't want to go after the beat downs started and I couldn't give the ticket away.

I'll end up getting one ticket in the end section in club west this year to sit with friends.  Still felt like such a rip off last year when when it seamed like the game was over after the 2nd drive every game!

28 to **CENSORED**ing 0 vs the cowboys. ughhh, I don't know if I can go though that again.

Semper Fidelis. Marine. I know exactly what you're saying. That first play of the Texans' game was absolutely bull**CENSORED** for fans to deal with. Meanwhile the Glazers whine about butts in the stands. They'd be better off paying for some better players first.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 09, 2012, 06:03:04 PM

Still on the fence about renewing after 15 years. It became really hard to justify the cost and travel to watch the garbage effort I witnessed last year. I like Schiano, but still want to see what they do in FA and the draft. Otherwise I'll watch on TV and just go to 2 or 3 games during the season.

that sounds like a good plan - but you know as we get close to September, the urge to be there sets in - BTW, not buying season tickets gets you out of the preseason ticket ripoff scam (same price, rotten camp fodder players on the field).

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 09, 2012, 06:03:59 PM

Sad to see so many long time season ticket holders having doubts but it's completely understandable.
The cost of the event (so much more than the ticket price) and the time invested on game day is a lot to ask of anyone when the product is so poor and the ownership doesn't seem to be heavily invested.
Hopefully, some of that will change this year with the proclamation that the franchise is going to spend money in FA this year.
Let's hope they make some smart pickups.  We don't need any "Haynesworth-ian" contracts to become a burden for years to come.

Well stated....

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 09, 2012, 06:07:14 PM

I would love to invest in season tickets...I really would, but I am just too far away to actually take advantage of going to games. It would honestly cost more to get there then the actual ticket itself. I usually buy a ticket to a game around here if its within a decent driving distance. but it is way too far to drive and plane tickets aint cheap. If it were less then a 100 bucks round trip to fly to Tampa I would seriously consider it.

bucboi813

Starter

#21 : February 09, 2012, 06:16:57 PM

I'm keeping mine 0 and 16 or 16and 0 damn it I'm a buc

Live free or die trying

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 09, 2012, 06:17:39 PM

I did not renew this year but I would highly suggest section 218 (furthest row back possible). Great in the hot games (air conditioning from the luxury suites just pours out, shaded all game), great for rain games (everyone else gets wet but you) - not so good for the cold games (but how many of those do we have). Most importantly, great view of the field. You're also right next to club seats...and you can kinda smile at those poor saps that paid thousands more for just a couple feet.

I'll likely try to buy a few single game tickets in that section this year...

The amount of games I attend this year will be directly impacted by the amount of money the Glazers decide to spend in free agency. I hate to sound like a bandwagoner, lord knows I'm not. I'm just fed up with seeing my hard earned benjamins sent overseas.

I still love this team and I'll be rooting for them every Sunday whether I'm there, watching on TV or on the GoreWebs.
: February 09, 2012, 06:22:13 PM JasonOfthetower

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 09, 2012, 06:21:42 PM

If finances is a problem, I'd recommend people buy the $35/tix season ticket in nose bleeds and move to the 200-level seats that are usually completely empty. I did that my second season.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 09, 2012, 06:23:32 PM

I buy mine separately anyhow, but I'm not sure I'm going to buy any tickets this season, or for awhile for that matter.

It depends no how much the Glazers own up in FA. If they play the loophole 2016 card, basically lie to the fans about being active in FA, and remain on the same path they've been on, I'm taking the backseat as a fan. Like I said before, Java won't have crap on me as a troll if they con their way out of realistically spending this offseason.

Now, on the other end of the spectrum, if they somehow sign both Nicks and Grimes and/or Finn. I would definitely search the couch for whatever I could to buy some season tickets.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 09, 2012, 06:23:49 PM

If finances is a problem, I'd recommend people buy the $35/tix season ticket in nose bleeds and move to the 200-level seats that are usually completely empty. I did that my second season.

For me it's not a problem, I can afford it. I just can't justify spending money on something that makes the wife miserable and by proxy, me miserable. Unfortunately, all my football going buddies went off and had them some childrens and can't make it to games.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 09, 2012, 06:23:54 PM

The cost of the event (so much more than the ticket price) ......

Like what??

MarineBuc

Starter

#27 : February 09, 2012, 06:27:31 PM

I dropped my two lower level corner tickets because my wife didn't want to go after the beat downs started and I couldn't give the ticket away.

I'll end up getting one ticket in the end section in club west this year to sit with friends.  Still felt like such a rip off last year when when it seamed like the game was over after the 2nd drive every game!

28 to **CENSORED**ing 0 vs the cowboys. ughhh, I don't know if I can go though that again.
OOH Rah Devil Dog

The Cowboy game was hard...so I just drank more  ;D

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 09, 2012, 06:43:43 PM

The Texans was the worst for me....the team had clearly quit, and so did I.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 10, 2012, 11:45:58 PM

The cost of the event (so much more than the ticket price) ......

Like what??

Gas, tolls, concessions and/or tailgating "essentials."

Turn the page.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone even thinking about jumping into Season tickets? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools