Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone even thinking about jumping into Season tickets? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 11, 2012, 02:34:07 AM

Season ticket holder for twelve years, owned them before I even moved to Florida. Renewed but once they fires Raheem for the clowns that are Rutgers coaches I cancelled my tickets. I don't see any improvement over Raheem so if you are going to clean house clean the whole damn house to include Dominik and Hickey. It was a hard decision at first as I am a BUCS fan but it really came down to my lack of trust and faith in the Glasses, Dominik, Hickey and Schiano. Sorry if I'm gonna watch a bunch of college coaches learn how to be big time football coaches I will buy college tickets. I will go to Baton Rouge a couple times this year and have more fun than sitting in Ray Jay watching Schiano and his yes men try to coach. My daughter loves the games but in all honesty I feel good because now I am not stuck paying for those awful preseason games and I can pay half the price for just as good of tickets. Let's face it there will he less season ticket holders this year than last year. Lost my deposit, which was $2000 but again it just came down to if these owners don't care I will spend as little as I have to on this team.

What's sad is that I was offered a lot of incentives to keep my tickets but it just wasn't worth it. Even a couple weeks after I cancelled and asked for my money.back I still get emails asking me to change my mind because of the great Schiano. This team is not going to invest in free agency this year, why should they when they still make money from the tv contract. It will only be when they have to spend that they will.

I almost kept them just to hope we would draft Mo Claiborne but again why pay for preseason tickets. They only benefit of being a season ticket holder right now is that you know where you will sit every week.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : February 11, 2012, 02:39:25 AM

I dropped my two lower level corner tickets because my wife didn't want to go after the beat downs started and I couldn't give the ticket away.

You mean Uncle Stan was mistaken when he said it was "easy" to sell your tickets for face value any time you want?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 11, 2012, 07:03:36 AM

They only benefit of being a season ticket holder right now is that you know where you will sit every week.

true

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 11, 2012, 09:09:34 AM

They only benefit of being a season ticket holder right now is that you know where you will sit every week.

true

With ticketmaster's new features, you can actually pick the seats in the section you want week in and week out. I know my seat numbers, if they're not sold to another season ticket holder I'm going after them for the games I prefer to go to.

csidedave

Second String
#34 : February 11, 2012, 09:15:16 AM

I dropped my two lower level corner tickets because my wife didn't want to go after the beat downs started and I couldn't give the ticket away.

You mean Uncle Stan was mistaken when he said it was "easy" to sell your tickets for face value any time you want?
[/quote

I was certainly able to sell mine at face value or better.  But I have a pretty good discount as a long time ticket holder.  I sold them for more than I paid for them (face value on my tix) but usually less than the single game price.  Good deal for me and the seller.  Got 3X what I paid for the Dallas game.  Kids are in college so we usually sold 2 of the 4.  Ebay worked great for us.

A few years ago, there were lots of no-shows so lots of tix were available outside the stadium.  As the season ticket base plummeted, there were far less available outside, so the price actually went up.  I understand that some people are very smart about buying and can find great deals. I really respect that.   But you can be a good seller too.

Really getting excited about how this staff is coming together.  Was worried until this week.

jcarruth

Pro Bowler
#35 : February 11, 2012, 09:23:04 AM

Still holding off on my decision to renew.

Schiano seems like an "ok" option but very little buzz and the incredibly slow process of hiring him and his staff hasnt built any good vibes for me yet.

Will see what the draft and free agency bring before the "official" renewal deadline in mid-may and then see where we go with it. Feels odd to even "think" about not renewing after so many years/decades but oddly doesnt even phase me which just makes it even weirder !

m_j

Starter

#36 : February 11, 2012, 09:37:06 AM

Being a fan means going out there and supporting our team! If you can`t afford it that`s fine but just staying home just cuz our team sucks is no excuse. Thats the worst attitude and it sucks more than Raheems team did last year. Take a short look around the league and open your eyes, you could learn a lot!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 11, 2012, 09:47:50 AM

If finances is a problem, I'd recommend people buy the $35/tix season ticket in nose bleeds and move to the 200-level seats that are usually completely empty. I did that my second season.

For me it's not a problem, I can afford it. I just can't justify spending money on something that makes the wife miserable and by proxy, me miserable. Unfortunately, all my football going buddies went off and had them some childrens and can't make it to games.

Snag a ticket next to me brotha...344 row G...it's family section but if you're like me you're there to watch football and not drink haha. My buddy isn't renewing his seat this year and last year we pretty much had half of the row to our selves.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 11, 2012, 02:00:08 PM

Being a fan means going out there and supporting our team! If you can`t afford it that`s fine but just staying home just cuz our team sucks is no excuse. Thats the worst attitude and it sucks more than Raheems team did last year. Take a short look around the league and open your eyes, you could learn a lot!

Let me get this straight. If the owners decide to undercut player salaries in the order of $40 millions  (ie Buc fans are being forced to watch a team on the field with an inferior roster), you think the fans should support the team/owners financially no matter what?

m_j

Starter

#39 : February 11, 2012, 05:03:11 PM

Let me get this straight. If the owners decide to undercut player salaries in the order of $40 millions  (ie Buc fans are being forced to watch a team on the field with an inferior roster), you think the fans should support the team/owners financially no matter what?

you can hate the owners, you can hate the coaches, you can hate the players,  you can hate the greenkeepers and the ballboys, you can hate the weather, stadium and air polution around it, but if you're real fan you go out and support your team for those sixty minutes!
not the players, coaches or the owners ....the team!!!  and if they suck and dont give their best then you have all the right in the world to boo them and show them what you feel!!!  this is how it works worldwide and maybe you'll figure it out once. or maybe not. then you can sit in front of your computer/pad/cell phone and post how they all suck, are not worthy even those 35$ per ticket, and discuss for hours and hours who owners should pick up in free agency/draft/vaiwers and watch the game on TV or even worse in streams if those get blacked out . .....

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 11, 2012, 05:08:35 PM

Owners this, owners that...you know it makes you seem really uptight when you can't stop thinking about football politics long enough to enjoy the good on the team. I feel sorry for you...just awful sorry.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 11, 2012, 05:12:42 PM

Unconditional support for a team paying tens of millions of dollars less than the nearest team?
    Arizona $83 million
    Atlanta $102.1 million
    Baltimore $101.3 million
    Buffalo $96.4 million
    Carolina $73 million
    Chicago $104.9 million
    Cincinnati $90.7 million
    Cleveland $99.2 million
    Dallas $136.6 million
    Denver $125 million
    Detroit $113.8 million
    Green Bay $129.8 million
    Houston $118.4 million
    Indianapolis $115.5 million
    Jacksonville $78.1 million
    Kansas City $74.7 million
    Miami $103.1 million
    Minnesota $108.4 million
    New England $102.3 million
    New Orleans $105.2 million
    New York Giants $126.3 million
    New York Jets $128.5 million
    Oakland $85.8 million
    Philadelphia $80.8 million
    Pittsburgh $116 million
    San Diego $85.8 million
    San Francisco $100.9 million
    Seattle $81.1 million
    St. Louis $102.4 million
    Tampa Bay $59.7 million
    Tennessee $107.4 million
    Washington $115.2 million

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/37327/looking-at-2011-salary-cap-figures

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 11, 2012, 05:18:07 PM

The cost of the event (so much more than the ticket price) ......

Like what??

He must be pre-gaming at the Mons.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 11, 2012, 05:18:08 PM

Morgan:

'Yer darn right, 'Mac! No other team i'd rather root for.

Here's the kicker though: I can agree that in a lot of cases the Glazers haven't really tried since 2002..and I can still enjoy the team. If you honestly would only be a fan on only winning conditions...i'm sorry for you.

I'll be right here the day we win a Lombardi again, as will you...the difference is, for me, the wait will have been worth it.
: February 11, 2012, 05:20:14 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 11, 2012, 08:07:56 PM

The cost of the event (so much more than the ticket price) ......

Like what??

Gas, tolls, concessions and/or tailgating "essentials."

Of those listed, gas is the only one I spend $$ on.
: February 11, 2012, 08:10:57 PM Hate

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone even thinking about jumping into Season tickets? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools