Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone even thinking about jumping into Season tickets? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#60 : February 12, 2012, 10:15:35 AM

You know, I used to feel this way as well. But you know what? If the experience of going to the game isn't fun any more (and no, I'm not talking about the performance on the field) then why subject yourself to it? I still buy team paraphernalia. I'll still go to a few games here or there...and you can bet your ass I'll be cheering for them week in and week out - living and dying with every play.

I just decided I don't need to be at the Ray Jay for every single one of them. Maybe I'm getting old or something, I don't know. I have a 106 inch screen, an 1080 HD project in my home theater with 7.1 dolby surround and transducers in the seats which lets me feel every single hit. Some people put in pools in their backyard, we built a home theater because we love movies and sports. I have a laptop serving as my media pc and it's hardwired to my router so I can get beautiful streaming of games if I need it (I'll need someone to send me the best sites since I haven't tried to stream games before - except for some early season Gators games that were on ppv and I didn't feel like paying to see them play North West Eastern Middle College).

Being with the crowd doesn't have the same pizzazz for me it once did.  Frankly, because I think our fans suck. They come late, leave early, don't cheer and **CENSORED** and moan the entire ballgame. I can sit in my home theater, my buddies can bring over their kids and they can play in the other room on the XBox while we watch the ballgame.

It doesn't make me less of a fan. I love this football team, whether it's 4-12 or 12-4. Its the quality of the experience I'm talking about. I understand not many of the diehards will get that. I used to be that way, too. I couldn't understand how people wouldn't want to go to the games. I've said so as much a few times on this forum. My mentality on it has changed.

Come on. When the team loses and gives up 40+ points and is out of the game by the 1st quarter you're surprised to hear moans, groans and see people leave early?

But on your other points, I agree. II moved closer to the field in 2012, but with each season, I feel the novelty less and less. Livingroom is much nicer than sweltering RayJay.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#61 : February 12, 2012, 11:23:46 AM

. Livingroom is much nicer than sweltering RayJay.

Sad but true. Most people just aren't going to pay good money to go melt at RJ instead of watching it air conditioning. Not unless there is a great product on the field, and two of our last three seasons have been embarrassingly bad. Last year was just sickening to watch, so I don't see anyone giving the team the benefit of the doubt. Unless we go balls out in FA and sign some really big names, and follow it up with a fast start to the season....I can easily see all of our games being blacked out again this year.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#62 : February 12, 2012, 12:04:07 PM

I don't find RayJay to be overly hot. But my seats are in the shade for most of the game. Still it is nothing like Tampa Stadium with the metal bench seats.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#63 : February 12, 2012, 12:05:49 PM

Grinding over prospects to be drafted in April?

Shelton and Rob are in charge of PRO scouting, not college scouting.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#64 : February 12, 2012, 12:11:06 PM

You know, I used to feel this way as well. But you know what? If the experience of going to the game isn't fun any more (and no, I'm not talking about the performance on the field) then why subject yourself to it? I still buy team paraphernalia. I'll still go to a few games here or there...and you can bet your ass I'll be cheering for them week in and week out - living and dying with every play.

I just decided I don't need to be at the Ray Jay for every single one of them. Maybe I'm getting old or something, I don't know. I have a 106 inch screen, an 1080 HD project in my home theater with 7.1 dolby surround and transducers in the seats which lets me feel every single hit. Some people put in pools in their backyard, we built a home theater because we love movies and sports. I have a laptop serving as my media pc and it's hardwired to my router so I can get beautiful streaming of games if I need it (I'll need someone to send me the best sites since I haven't tried to stream games before - except for some early season Gators games that were on ppv and I didn't feel like paying to see them play North West Eastern Middle College).

Being with the crowd doesn't have the same pizzazz for me it once did.  Frankly, because I think our fans suck. They come late, leave early, don't cheer and **CENSORED** and moan the entire ballgame. I can sit in my home theater, my buddies can bring over their kids and they can play in the other room on the XBox while we watch the ballgame.

It doesn't make me less of a fan. I love this football team, whether it's 4-12 or 12-4. Its the quality of the experience I'm talking about. I understand not many of the diehards will get that. I used to be that way, too. I couldn't understand how people wouldn't want to go to the games. I've said so as much a few times on this forum. My mentality on it has changed.

Come on. When the team loses and gives up 40+ points and is out of the game by the 1st quarter you're surprised to hear moans, groans and see people leave early?

But on your other points, I agree. II moved closer to the field in 2012, but with each season, I feel the novelty less and less. Livingroom is much nicer than sweltering RayJay.

Morgan, I'm afraid the score never mattered. It could be 20-20 with 10 minutes to play in the fourth quarter and these d-bags would leave. I know it doesn't effect me but it's just a different breed of fan now, man. You even see it here on the boards, it's why I haven't been coming as often. If there's not something to hate on - be it the coaches, the owners, the quarterback or the GM getting the players - they're not happy. There was a guy sitting behind me who hated Freeman. Freeman could throw his third TD pass of the game but miss one pass out in the flat and the dude was just going on about how much he sucks. Nothing he did was ever good enough.

Why is there a perception problem for the Buccaneers? I believe it starts with this fanbase.
: February 12, 2012, 12:13:13 PM JasonOfthetower

m_j

Starter

#65 : February 12, 2012, 07:16:05 PM

Being a fan means going out there and supporting our team! If you can`t afford it that`s fine but just staying home just cuz our team sucks is no excuse. Thats the worst attitude and it sucks more than Raheems team did last year. Take a short look around the league and open your eyes, you could learn a lot!

Let me get this straight. If the owners decide to undercut player salaries in the order of $40 millions  (ie Buc fans are being forced to watch a team on the field with an inferior roster), you think the fans should support the team/owners financially no matter what?

you can hate the owners, you can hate the coaches, you can hate the players,  you can hate the greenkeepers and the ballboys, you can hate the weather, stadium and air polution around it, but if you're real fan you go out and support your team for those sixty minutes!
not the players, coaches or the owners ....the team!!!  and if they suck and dont give their best then you have all the right in the world to boo them and show them what you feel!!!  this is how it works worldwide and maybe you'll figure it out once. or maybe not. then you can sit in front of your computer/pad/cell phone and post how they all suck, are not worthy even those 35$ per ticket, and discuss for hours and hours who owners should pick up in free agency/draft/vaiwers and watch the game on TV or even worse in streams if those get blacked out . .....

I agree with you 100%. My point was only that you do not refuse to go there because of owners or other political crap. You either go there and support your team, or you don't go there and still support the team. But you do not moan about every single piece of **** just to find an excuse not to go there.  I think we both agree on that, same as with scoreboard part. It made hell of a fun to sit in Sombrero and watch  creamsicles, and we all know what the scores were like in those times!

: February 12, 2012, 07:18:03 PM m_j

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#66 : February 12, 2012, 07:25:16 PM

In my opinion, and I think I can say this is true for everything...unless you see it in person, there's nothing like being there.

Case in point...when I was young I wanted to go to disney more than anything and when I finally got there, all the video of rides, all the watching....nothing compared to being there. The cost was totally worth it.

Imagine watching the 2002 NFC Championship game at your house vs. being there--being there to see the eagles fans **CENSORED** themselves in rage as Ronde returns that game winning INT.

Yes, the product may be weaker as of now, but when we are good again and that stadium is filled, NOTHING will replace being there to witness it...nothing.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

MarineBuc

Starter

#67 : February 13, 2012, 12:00:14 PM

In my opinion, and I think I can say this is true for everything...unless you see it in person, there's nothing like being there.

Case in point...when I was young I wanted to go to disney more than anything and when I finally got there, all the video of rides, all the watching....nothing compared to being there. The cost was totally worth it.

Imagine watching the 2002 NFC Championship game at your house vs. being there--being there to see the eagles fans **CENSORED** themselves in rage as Ronde returns that game winning INT.

Yes, the product may be weaker as of now, but when we are good again and that stadium is filled, NOTHING will replace being there to witness it...nothing.

BINGO!!! Being @ Ray Jay for the FIRST Kickoff Return in Buccaneer History was AWESOME!!!! No way in hell you could replicate that feeling ANYWHERE!!!

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone even thinking about jumping into Season tickets? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools