Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Butch Davis coming to Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucD

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 09, 2012, 07:50:33 PM

@alexmarvez (Alex Marvez):
Butch davis new sr defensive assistant for #bucs. Story coming at @foxsports.com

@HolderStephen (Stephen Holder):
Doing folo up reporting on Butch Davis. Key source says Davis not expected to be a coach but serve in advisory capacity. Also said deal ...Cont'd: Said deal is not complete just yet tho talks continue

@HolderStephen (Stephen Holder):
Source adamant Butch Davis will not be defensive coordinator.

RT @daryl1217: what is Sr Assistant?<Butch will work closely with new d-coordinator (???) & Greg Schiano. Good experience for #Bucs staff

RT @carter_chip: is this like the Raiders arrangment with Al Saunders, Sr. Asst. Off, Davis will work with Bucs Def. Coord?<U nailed it
: February 09, 2012, 07:56:55 PM MJay9000

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 09, 2012, 07:50:56 PM

I think this means we'll have some inexperienced guys as coordinators and use Raye and Davis as mentors. I just hope if this plan works well this upcoming season I hope they keep them or that they wanna stay at this position

Like dtg has said in another thread, Schiano is very hands on. Whoever he hires as coordinators will carry out what Schiano wants done and will mostly be teachers first.
I like that and all but I would like to know who will be calling the games during crucial situations. I don't see anything wrong with Davis calling a defense. Raye on the other hand......Rather not even start

I guess our coordinators will be inexperienced but get to learn from some NFL experienced coaches.

HolyBuc

Starter
#32 : February 09, 2012, 07:52:22 PM

@HolderStephen Source adamant Butch Davis will not be defensive coordinator.

@HolderStephen Cont'd: Said deal is not complete just yet tho talks continue

Now you got source Holder...sure you do ;)

calibucfan15

Starter

#33 : February 09, 2012, 07:52:49 PM

I think this means we'll have some inexperienced guys as coordinators and use Raye and Davis as mentors. I just hope if this plan works well this upcoming season I hope they keep them or that they wanna stay at this position

Like dtg has said in another thread, Schiano is very hands on. Whoever he hires as coordinators will carry out what Schiano wants done and will mostly be teachers first.

No I understand that. I love the hires. I'm just hoping this isn't a year shirt term thing. Especially if we end up playing well. Now if we such then ok let em go. But I don't think this plan will fail. I got a feeling we'll see gradual consistent improvements on both sides of the ball. With the Raye hire, I just hope the coordinator he grooms will be innovative and is very dynamic and he's just there to provide structure

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 09, 2012, 07:53:45 PM

Both Raye and Davis are getting up there in years. Since they will not be getting head coach pay, maybe they don't want to put in the 100 hr-plus work weeks that go along with being coordinators. Regardless what you call them, it's an added plus to have that kind of experience added to the staff. It will be interesting to see if they hire a legitimate OC or if they hire someone to be a caretaker until McNulty frees up next year.

HolyBuc

Starter
#35 : February 09, 2012, 07:53:49 PM

Rick Stroud @NFLSTROUD

Close

Bucs are working to bring Butch Davis on board, but it could be in an advisory role. Won't preclude Bucs from hiring DC.

HolyBuc

Starter
#36 : February 09, 2012, 07:56:57 PM

Stephen Holder @HolderStephen

Davis' advisory role would explain why #Bucs have been pursuing defensive coordinators e.g. Dan Quinn at Florida

HolyBuc

Starter
#37 : February 09, 2012, 07:57:54 PM

Rick Stroud @NFLSTROUD

The deal for Butch Davis with the Bucs is not completed at this time, the Tampa Bay Times learned.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 09, 2012, 07:59:13 PM

Maybe Butch is here for a year as mentor for Bob Frazer? 

HolyBuc

Starter
#39 : February 09, 2012, 07:59:45 PM

I wonder if the Bucs are trying to get there Friday 5 o'clock press conference for the rest of the hires?  Like they did with Raheem and Gruden.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 09, 2012, 08:00:20 PM

Wait, so we got Saunders too?

HolyBuc

Starter
#41 : February 09, 2012, 08:00:49 PM

Anyone know how Alex Marvez is connected to the Bucs?

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 09, 2012, 08:01:24 PM

@HolderStephen Source adamant Butch Davis will not be defensive coordinator.

@HolderStephen Cont'd: Said deal is not complete just yet tho talks continue

Now you got source Holder...sure you do ;)

LOL!  I thought the same thing....guy is paid to cover the Bucs and breaks zero stories....

HolyBuc

Starter
#43 : February 09, 2012, 08:01:34 PM

Saunders was hired by the Raiders as a Senior Offensive Assistant.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 09, 2012, 08:02:44 PM

Anyone know how Alex Marvez is connected to the Bucs?

Former Miami Herald guy so my guess is he is connected to Schiano and Davis

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Butch Davis coming to Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools