Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REPORT: DAVIS HIRED AS BUCS SENIOR DEFENSIVE ASSISTANT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 09, 2012, 08:50:13 PM

If the Bucs don't hire coordinators I fear for Schiano having to manage so much even with assistants.

I actually agree with ADW here....I don't want Schiano being stretched too thin.

Don't worry. Schiano said he was gonna manage the Bucs like a CEO. He's gonna outsource the OC, DC and STC positions to a call center.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 09, 2012, 08:50:31 PM

What does a  SENIOR DEFENSIVE ASSISTANT **CENSORED**ing do?!?!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 09, 2012, 08:52:02 PM

If the Bucs don't hire coordinators I fear for Schiano having to manage so much even with assistants.
True

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 09, 2012, 08:53:17 PM

Schiano is assembling a staff the "Buccaneer way"... Perhaps there won't be "Coordinators", but "Senior assistants" instead... I leave all that for Schiano to sort out; gonna see what the team looks like on the field before I get too excited!
This could be the case.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : February 09, 2012, 08:53:52 PM

good question

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 09, 2012, 08:55:56 PM

I would assume help game plan, advise the DC, review tape etc. Stop getting so hung up on titles and just appreciate some veteran exp on the staff.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 09, 2012, 08:57:43 PM

ASSISTS THE DEFENSE!!!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 09, 2012, 08:58:01 PM

I would assume help game plan, advise the DC, review tape etc. Stop getting so hung up on titles and just appreciate some veteran exp on the staff.

Dont hold your breath man. These people have to find fault and moan about something. Contempt prior to investigation rules the day on these boards.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 09, 2012, 08:59:56 PM

Bucs like to do things in an unorthodox ways - at least they did when Morris was appointed.....so it would be nice to see things run like a damn professional football team.

Once again, why would a legitimate DC/DC come to the Bucs if he has to report to so many layers (GM, HC, and now a "senior defensive assistant")?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 09, 2012, 09:00:19 PM

I think (emphasis on THINK here, as in this is only my speculation) that Bob Fraser may be the "official" DC with Davis being the man who mentors him into that role for the long term. That means Davis will be the main man on defense while Fraser matures into overall control of the defense.

Again, my speculation.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 09, 2012, 09:01:46 PM

I think (emphasis on THINK here, as in this is only my speculation) that Bob Fraser may be the "official" DC with Davis being the man who mentors him into that role for the long term. That means Davis will be the main man on defense while Fraser matures into overall control of the defense.

Again, my speculation.

And if indeed that was the case.. i like the idea.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 09, 2012, 09:03:29 PM

Again, my speculation.
That makes perfect sense. Fraser called defenses at Rutgers under Schiano. Hopefully you can confirm this with your sources.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 09, 2012, 09:03:56 PM

The Bucs CREATED a new job title-- so that potential new-hires couldn't Google how much they should REALLY be making ($)!!!!   :P

kidding....but seriously, i've seen that done before  :P

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 09, 2012, 09:04:49 PM

And if indeed that was the case.. i like the idea.

Contradicting my idea is some reports that Fraser is not the DC here, so right now I can't clear this up any further. Time will tell, but I think it is possible that's what could be in mind.

And if Raye is the Sr. Offensive Assistant, then well, maybe that means McNulty joins the team in 2013?

Again, I wish I could get someone to tell me more, but information at OBP is locked up tight right now.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 09, 2012, 09:05:10 PM

.but seriously, i've seen that done before  :P

which franchise?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REPORT: DAVIS HIRED AS BUCS SENIOR DEFENSIVE ASSISTANT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools