Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REPORT: DAVIS HIRED AS BUCS SENIOR DEFENSIVE ASSISTANT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 09, 2012, 09:08:32 PM

And if indeed that was the case.. i like the idea.

Contradicting my idea is some reports that Fraser is not the DC here, so right now I can't clear this up any further. Time will tell, but I think it is possible that's what could be in mind.

And if Raye is the Sr. Offensive Assistant, then well, maybe that means McNulty joins the team in 2013?

Again, I wish I could get someone to tell me more, but information at OBP is locked up tight right now.

Geez, Joel, just ask your brother! :p

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 09, 2012, 09:09:45 PM

I think (emphasis on THINK here, as in this is only my speculation) that Bob Fraser may be the "official" DC with Davis being the man who mentors him into that role for the long term. That means Davis will be the main man on defense while Fraser matures into overall control of the defense.

Again, my speculation.

Why not do this the way normal sane people do ti and have Fraser be a position coach and learn under the DC or make him the assistant and Davis the DC? This is goofy as all get out.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 09, 2012, 09:10:07 PM

Bucs like to do things in an unorthodox ways - at least they did when Morris was appointed.....so it would be nice to see things run like a damn professional football team.

Once again, why would a legitimate DC/DC come to the Bucs if he has to report to so many layers (GM, HC, and now a "senior defensive assistant")?

Are the Jets and Patriots unorthodox? They have similar breakdowns. The Jets have a DC, Senior Defensive Assistant plus the Head Coach is a defensive guy of some serious repute.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 09, 2012, 09:12:34 PM

Why not do this the way normal sane people do ti and have Fraser be a position coach and learn under the DC or make him the assistant and Davis the DC? This is goofy as all get out.

If you're seriously training a guy under the leadership of a seasoned mentor, then you don't want him spending a bunch of time coaching a position. You want to give him the ability to spend as much time with the senior guy as he can. At least I would.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 09, 2012, 09:12:44 PM

Bucs like to do things in an unorthodox ways - at least they did when Morris was appointed.....so it would be nice to see things run like a damn professional football team.

Once again, why would a legitimate DC/DC come to the Bucs if he has to report to so many layers (GM, HC, and now a "senior defensive assistant")?

Are the Jets and Patriots unorthodox? They have similar breakdowns. The Jets have a DC, Senior Defensive Assistant plus the Head Coach is a defensive guy of some serious repute.

Those are guys with position coach titles in addition to their fake "Senior Assistant" type titles.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 09, 2012, 09:13:48 PM

If you're seriously training a guy under the leadership of a seasoned mentor, then you don't want him spending a bunch of time coaching a position. You want to give him the ability to spend as much time with the senior guy as he can. At least I would.

again, plenty of teams make this work with a normal structure. If the guy you call the DC isn't ready to be a DC then don't give him a job. This isn't a training wheels organization -- or we shouldn't be.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 09, 2012, 09:14:02 PM

I can't believe anyone would take this as fact before it is. Haven't we learned any lessons?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 09, 2012, 09:15:05 PM

Ok, I give up. Thanks, everyone.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 09, 2012, 09:16:08 PM

I can't believe anyone would take this as fact before it is. Haven't we learned any lessons?

No

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#39 : February 09, 2012, 09:17:15 PM

again, plenty of teams make this work with a normal structure. If the guy you call the DC isn't ready to be a DC then don't give him a job. This isn't a training wheels organization -- or we shouldn't be.

The "Buccaneer Way"......I'm already getting fed up with this **CENSORED**.

HolyBuc

Starter
#40 : February 09, 2012, 09:17:44 PM

Stephen Holder on twitter is cracking me up.  The fact that the local media has been completely left out of this HC and staff coaching hiring process. Makes me think this is a message to the local media.  Any thoughts on this being normal in a regime change?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 09, 2012, 09:18:17 PM

Great hire ... regardless what his official title is.  His experience will help everyone involved on the defensive side.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 09, 2012, 09:19:31 PM

.but seriously, i've seen that done before  :P

which franchise?

no franchise.....Workplace.  ???

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 09, 2012, 09:25:41 PM

The "Buccaneer Way"......I'm already getting fed up with this **CENSORED**.

Good. I hope they keep pissing you off more and more and more.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 09, 2012, 09:26:46 PM

Great hire ... regardless what his official title is.  His experience will help everyone involved on the defensive side.

Yeah, but apparently for some, having extra help and leadership and experience is a bad thing. Oh, and if you can't do everything exactly the same way as everyone else does it, then you might as well not do it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REPORT: DAVIS HIRED AS BUCS SENIOR DEFENSIVE ASSISTANT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools