Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confirmed Coaches on Staff « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 10, 2012, 11:55:07 AM

Pretty sure Sileo is just speculating....I saw the Tweet...

...and Butch isn't even close to confirmed...latest report says that the contract has yet to be signed and the whole UNC thing is holding it up currently...

I believe the Wise rumor has been around for some time. Not sure it's just Sileo, though I agree it really shouldn't be considered a "confirmed" hire.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 10, 2012, 11:57:55 AM

Ah what tangled websllll  this is a part of football wherein I personally do not understand the rules one whit.   I have to trust  you guys on these matters.  Wouldn't Shiano call the plays on game day for the O even tho he's a D guy?

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 10, 2012, 11:58:03 AM

Is it normal to get offensive staff before an OC has been named?  seems odd to me.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

BucD

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 10, 2012, 11:58:52 AM

I could be wrong, but isn't Wise also currently retired?  Could cost a pretty penny to lure him out.  Unless he's really eager to get back into it.  Again, that's if he's even retired.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 10, 2012, 12:07:13 PM

Is it normal to get offensive staff before an OC has been named?  seems odd to me.

Who knows who will be the ST coordinator?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 10, 2012, 12:31:08 PM

Right - it will be impossible to figure out how to draft, get free agents until we get the ST coach. I mean what if he's a West Coast ST coach? That could change our entire strategy.

HolyBuc

Starter
#21 : February 10, 2012, 12:36:36 PM

Right - it will be impossible to figure out how to draft, get free agents until we get the ST coach. I mean what if he's a West Coast ST coach? That could change our entire strategy.

LMAO!!!    :P

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 10, 2012, 12:39:41 PM

Are you mocking Schiano?  He said special teams will be a big emphasis.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 10, 2012, 12:42:41 PM

Are you mocking Schiano?

It's pretty clear he's mocking you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 10, 2012, 12:43:52 PM

Nope, I'm mocking you.

Every coach says that, and of course it's important. But that guy could literally be hired in late April without causing problems for the Bucs.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 10, 2012, 12:44:59 PM

Are you mocking Schiano?

It's pretty clear he's mocking you.

Special team will have an emphasis with Schiano, so having a ST coordinator to work with the HC to determine which Bucs players to re-sign or who to pursue is important.  The fact that you can't logically put it together speaks volumes of your maturity.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 10, 2012, 01:02:43 PM

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

This idea of yours that the Bucs are completely hamstrung in terms of personnel decisions because of the lack of coordinators is nonsense for a very simple reason (beyond the fact that it's more than a month away)  - Schiano already knows what he wants, he's just looking for the right guy to implement it.  It's not like he's choosing between Mike Martz and Brad Childress at OC, or choosing between Perry Fewell and Wade Philips at DC.

My guess is that a lot of his guys have already been evaluating tape of the players with Schiano, and he's got a pretty clear feel for who the guys are he can do without and who he wants to keep.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 10, 2012, 01:03:54 PM

What happened to your drop-dead date of Monday? Moving the goalposts again, huh?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 10, 2012, 01:05:38 PM

pretty sure adw likes to complain no matter what.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 10, 2012, 01:06:52 PM

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

This idea of yours that the Bucs are completely hamstrung in terms of personnel decisions because of the lack of coordinators is nonsense for a very simple reason (beyond the fact that it's more than a month away)  - Schiano already knows what he wants, he's just looking for the right guy to implement it.  It's not like he's choosing between Mike Martz and Brad Childress at OC, or choosing between Perry Fewell and Wade Philips at DC.

My guess is that a lot of his guys have already been evaluating tape of the players with Schiano, and he's got a pretty clear feel for who the guys are he can do without and who he wants to keep.

I didn't move the goal posts because it has reached a state of sadness how this process is playing out.  I don't need to start a thread to announce how pathetic the franchise looks because it would be redundant as someone already has a thread on that.

Bucs are slowed down somewhat by not having coordinators in place to assist Schiano and Dom with the process of looking over film of current and potential future players on the squad.  To downplay that is to be misleading.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confirmed Coaches on Staff « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools