Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS CONFIRM: Mike Sullivan hired as OC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

yungbull

Starter
#15 : February 10, 2012, 08:23:10 PM

Careful people, careful.

Agreed, but if this is the case.  Way to get it done!  Go BUCS

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 10, 2012, 08:25:47 PM

B.U.C!

C.A.N!

E.E.R.S!

*GO BUCS!!!* :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 10, 2012, 08:28:13 PM

Careful people, careful.
Adam Schefter usually doesn't report things unless he is almost certain it is going to happen.

I trust my boy Schefter!
Schefter is the only analyst who I will always trust.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#18 : February 10, 2012, 08:29:30 PM

This is great news. I was getting worried with our options for OC. Schefter doesn't report it unless its done deal.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 10, 2012, 08:38:55 PM

I think DTG might be warning us to be careful because we don't really know for SURE this hire will work out. He's never been an OC before, and as Biggs' article shows it did take him a bit of time to figure out the QB coach role.

With that said, it certainly looks great on paper. He's had a lot of success as a QB and WR coach, and I'd sure as heck take a risk on him than on a guy like Shoop who has plenty of experience but none of it good. No complaints with this hire at all, but I do agree that we should temper expectations a bit, especially for the first season. It's going to be a big transition for Sullivan and everyone else as well.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 10, 2012, 08:42:31 PM

I think DTG might be warning us to be careful because we don't really know for SURE this hire will work out. He's never been an OC before, and as Biggs' article shows it did take him a bit of time to figure out the QB coach role.

With that said, it certainly looks great on paper. He's had a lot of success as a QB and WR coach, and I'd sure as heck take a risk on him than on a guy like Shoop who has plenty of experience but none of it good. No complaints with this hire at all, but I do agree that we should temper expectations a bit, especially for the first season. It's going to be a big transition for Sullivan and everyone else as well.

Well said.  There is risk with every hire and even the "sure things" sometimes dont work out.  I am not expecting a Superbowl berth next year and am willing to be patient just like I was when Dungy took over because you saw the progress and the direction they were headed and you could just feel something special was forthcoming.  I am hoping I feel this way again next year

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 10, 2012, 08:44:15 PM

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 10, 2012, 08:45:14 PM

Can't wait to hear what Alldaway says!

WHERE U AT? :D

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 10, 2012, 08:49:12 PM

Can't wait to hear what Alldaway says!

WHERE U AT? :D
Yeah cant wait to see what he pulls out of his ass regarding his playcalling style and if there will be a running back commitee

dbrooks55

Starter

#24 : February 10, 2012, 08:49:31 PM

Absolutely love this hire!!! with him and Davis (helping the D) really like where this is going!!!!!

gbuc

Practice Squad
#25 : February 10, 2012, 08:50:38 PM

Updated: February 10, 2012, 8:15 PM ET

Sources: Mike Sullivan is new Bucs' OC

Email
 Print
 Comments8
 ESPN.com news services

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers hired former Giants quarterbacks coach Mike Sullivan as its offensive coordinator, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Its awsome we got him...8-)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 10, 2012, 08:52:07 PM

No, I'm not overly cautious about the hire, I'm telling everyone not to consider this a done deal until the Bucs announce it. Remember, Chip Kelly had agreed to a deal as well.

I would like this hire, but since I can't confirm it, I am going to be cautious until we hear for sure from the FO.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 10, 2012, 08:54:35 PM

No, I'm not overly cautious about the hire, I'm telling everyone not to consider this a done deal until the Bucs announce it. Remember, Chip Kelly had agreed to a deal as well.

I would like this hire, but since I can't confirm it, I am going to be cautious until we hear for sure from the FO.
Its one thing to not trust Stroud, Cumming, or Kaufmann but you don't trust Scheffy? He usually gets a lot of his stuff right.

But I can get the whole overly cautious routine...we can blame that fat pig Chip Kelly for that.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 10, 2012, 08:54:40 PM

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
Bucs confirm the hiring of Giants QBs coach Mike Sullivan as offensive coordinator.

:)

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 10, 2012, 08:58:12 PM

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
Bucs confirm the hiring of Giants QBs coach Mike Sullivan as offensive coordinator.

:)

Well there you go!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS CONFIRM: Mike Sullivan hired as OC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools