Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New CBA and Mini Camps and OTAs « previous next »
Page: 1

watson

Hall of Famer
: February 10, 2012, 08:33:55 PM

Does anyone know what the new CBA allows in regards to mini-camps and OTAs when a team has a new coaching saff.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 10, 2012, 08:35:04 PM

Does anyone know what the new CBA allows in regards to mini-camps and OTAs when a team has a new coaching saff.

I believe they get one extra mini-camp

watson

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 10, 2012, 08:46:29 PM

I believe they get one extra mini-camp
Thanks.  I remember they did under the old CBA, but with the changes in regards to putting them in pads, etc, I didn't know if the extra mini-camp got nixed too.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 11, 2012, 05:30:17 AM

OTAs also got cut from 14 to 10. I heard some talk on NFLradio tonight, and they were saying how some players don't get back to 100% after the season for 6 to 8 weeks, so the cut in OTAs is supposed to help facilitate that.

For the record: OTAs consist of about an hour and a half of running through plays, with no pads on. 10 doesn't seem like enough to me.

Piratic

Starter

#4 : February 11, 2012, 06:07:54 AM

OTAs also got cut from 14 to 10...10 doesn't seem like enough to me.

+1

These guys (Coaches AND Players) need all the reps that they can get!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New CBA and Mini Camps and OTAs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools