Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs are NOT the worst team in the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 12, 2012, 11:03:23 AM

For all you Schiano lovers let's see your list of players HE developed, not assistants, who HE developed.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 12, 2012, 11:16:11 AM

Hypothetical:

The Bucs are playing the 2008 Lions in Week 17 of last season.  Who wins?  Right away, I'd say Buccaneers, but then... after thinking about it for a little while... is Orlovsky any worse than Blaine Gabbert?  Who would cover Calvin Johnson?  How many points would Greg Olson's scheme generate, even against the lowly Lions?  I'm not sure Tampa Bay wins that game, to be honest.  And that's horrifying.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 12, 2012, 11:29:45 AM

Since the London game, I'm guessing the Bucs performed the worst in the league, regardless of the W-L record at the end of the season.  I can't remember a team giving up so many 40+ point BY HALF-TIME.

-------------------------------------------------------
fixed it

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : February 12, 2012, 11:32:05 AM

People keep saying that and it's BS. They were a bad team last year because of the coaching and a few key injuries. Those coaches are gone and those players are healing. Four teams are drafting in front of us and their rosters are all older than ours. Old and bad trumps young and bad every time. The Bucs will most likely go into 2012 as the youngest team in the league. That will be at least the third year in a row that that has been the case. I'm not sure how they ranked in 2009. Obviously they are the least experienced team in the league, but that doesn't translate into "worst" . Ten straight losses left the building with the fired coaches. The players can't be blamed for all of it. We have some great young talent that needs better leadership and coaching. I believe they will soon get what they need and will respond to it.

The Bucs were the worst team in the NFL at the end of the 2011 season - period. It's not about the talent, though - it was about the way they played. They quit on their coaching staff and were blown out in their last 10 games what - 8 times?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 12, 2012, 11:39:40 AM

Because almost no one did. Ever. The 2011 Buccaneers are the 4th worst in the history of the NFL, and that's not rhetoric.

That record means the Bucs are now tied for fourth place on the all-time NFL list of points given up in a season. They are tied with the 2009 Detroit Lions. Only the 1981 Baltimore Ravens, the 2008 Detroit Lions and the 1966 New York Giants have ever given up more points in a season.

Link: http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/1/2/2675497/negative-records-mark-the-2011-tampa-bay-buccaneers

WOW, so we were just better than a team that didn't exist???? Who did the "Ravens" play in '81????

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 12, 2012, 12:17:01 PM

Hypothetical:

The Bucs are playing the 2008 Lions in Week 17 of last season.  Who wins?  Right away, I'd say Buccaneers, but then... after thinking about it for a little while... is Orlovsky any worse than Blaine Gabbert?  Who would cover Calvin Johnson?  How many points would Greg Olson's scheme generate, even against the lowly Lions?  I'm not sure Tampa Bay wins that game, to be honest.  And that's horrifying.

The Bucs would have lost that game because frankly, the players didn't give an ish. At least the Lions would have been playing hard not to go ohfer.

Because almost no one did. Ever. The 2011 Buccaneers are the 4th worst in the history of the NFL, and that's not rhetoric.

That record means the Bucs are now tied for fourth place on the all-time NFL list of points given up in a season. They are tied with the 2009 Detroit Lions. Only the 1981 Baltimore Ravens, the 2008 Detroit Lions and the 1966 New York Giants have ever given up more points in a season.

Link: http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/1/2/2675497/negative-records-mark-the-2011-tampa-bay-buccaneers

WOW, so we were just better than a team that didn't exist???? Who did the "Ravens" play in '81????

I would assume he meant the Colts but that one's pretty bad, lol.

snicker24

Starter
#21 : February 12, 2012, 01:13:54 PM

In the last half of the season the Bucs were not only the worst NFL team but the worst NFL team ever. I have never seen that much quit in any sports team at any level. I went back and watched four of the Bucs 2009 games on NFL Rewind for comparison and I couldn't believe how much better they looked.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 12, 2012, 01:18:30 PM

I'd say we were playing the worst football in the second half of the season. Nobody else lost 10 games in a row.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 12, 2012, 01:19:26 PM

It's the off season and every team is in a state of flux. Trades, Free Agency, and the draft can drastically change each team. I don't think the question even makes sense at this point in time.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#24 : February 12, 2012, 01:21:23 PM

People keep saying that and it's BS. They were a bad team last year because of the coaching and a few key injuries. Those coaches are gone and those players are healing. Four teams are drafting in front of us and their rosters are all older than ours. Old and bad trumps young and bad every time. The Bucs will most likely go into 2012 as the youngest team in the league. That will be at least the third year in a row that that has been the case. I'm not sure how they ranked in 2009. Obviously they are the least experienced team in the league, but that doesn't translate into "worst" . Ten straight losses left the building with the fired coaches. The players can't be blamed for all of it. We have some great young talent that needs better leadership and coaching. I believe they will soon get what they need and will respond to it.

appears you don't have many who agree w/ you, at least on this thread

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 12, 2012, 01:30:05 PM

As of December 4th, the 2011 Bucs became the worst professional football team I've ever seen, and maybe the worst ever.  I seriously can't think of a team that played worse football at any point in any season ever.  The 1976 Jets are the only team in the modern era that comes close.  After throttling the expansion Buccaneers, New York lost their last four games 38-24, 33-16, 37-16, and 42-3.

But hell, even they didn't give up 42 points in a single half.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 12, 2012, 02:55:04 PM

We were the worst team at the end of the year for sure. Are we objectively the worst. I don't think so because the talent we had was coached down by Raheem to an epic degree.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 12, 2012, 03:13:23 PM

This mess was at least ninety five percent horrific coaching.  They never had this thing running properly even when we fell into 10-6.  The talent is there, coaching is going to make a huge difference, though it may take a while to undo all the damage.   

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 12, 2012, 08:24:14 PM

This mess was at least ninety five percent horrific coaching.  They never had this thing running properly even when we fell into 10-6.  The talent is there, coaching is going to make a huge difference, though it may take a while to undo all the damage.

The personnel on the 2011 team was superior to that of the 2010 team, yet the record does not reflect that. Bad coaching is the only logical explanation. Those coaches are gone. The record will be better this year. There is a foundation to build on and reason to believe that we have a franchise QB. The Detroit Lions have the oldest roster in the NFL. We have the youngest and we have new leadership. We probably won't be a playoff team this season, but we do have some major pieces in place. Most teams around the league are still looking for a QB to lead them. The Bucs have great potential. Some teams really don't. These new coaches have something to work with right now and soon will have even more. That is not the worse situation to be in. Young and bad can improve. Old and bad has to start over from scratch. We beat the two teams from our division that made the playoffs. We had enough talent to do that. I'm sure there are a few teams that could not have done that on their best day. Our Bucs are not the worst.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 12, 2012, 09:56:15 PM

Fair: we don't have the worst situation or the worst potential, but we were the worst team, overall, last season.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs are NOT the worst team in the NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools