Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs are NOT the worst team in the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 13, 2012, 12:08:43 AM

Fair: we don't have the worst situation or the worst potential, but we were the worst team, overall, last season.

Technically, that was actually the colts.   Morris couldn't even lose properly.

The Colts would've defeated us at the end of last season.  I would've bet my savings on it.  Ditto the Rams, Vikings, and Browns.  I don't think we would've stood much of a chance versus any of them.  Doesn't that make us the worst team?

Tunapants

Rookie

#31 : February 13, 2012, 03:11:16 AM

Who did Schiano develop? And before you say Ray Rice did he coach Ray or was it other position coaches as head coaches do not develop players.

[I don't agree with your opinion]. You ask who he developed, and anyone we mention you'll just say it was the position coach that did the work.
: February 13, 2012, 03:36:37 PM 3rd String Kicker

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 13, 2012, 12:39:47 PM

I do agree that the Buccaneer collapse was the worst in the league last year, but that was last year, and the coaches responsible for that are gone. It's called addition by subtraction. There are many other teams that have a worse situation than our Bucs. I expect at least a respectable performance in 2012 with improved leadership. An aging roster is not one of our problems.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 13, 2012, 01:33:51 PM

I do agree that the Buccaneer collapse was the worst in the league last year, but that was last year, and the coaches responsible for that are gone. It's called addition by subtraction. There are many other teams that have a worse situation than our Bucs. I expect at least a respectable performance in 2012 with improved leadership. An aging roster is not one of our problems.

Right, I agree.  Our situation is pretty damn good, considering which way you spin it.  If all the chips fall correctly and everyone lives up to their potential (not likely, but possible), we have future Pro Bowlers at quarterback, running back, receiver, left tackle, right guard, and all four positions on the defensive line.

However, by the end of last season, the 2011 Buccaneers would've lost to every team in the league.  They would've probably been blown out by every team in the league.  That, to me, made us last season's worst team.

Think of it this way... If we had a team with rookies Troy Aikman, Walter Payton, Lynn Swann, and Shannon Sharpe, we probably wouldn't have won a single game last season.  All of those guys were wretched during their rookie years.  If they were starting together, they would've been the worst offense in the NFL.  However, regardless of their early failures, you can't stumble into a better situation.  That example seems convoluted, in retrospect.  But you get the point.

The Buccaneers were the worst team by the end of 2011.  They have serious promise, however, and likely won't be down for long.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#34 : February 13, 2012, 02:53:19 PM

They have serious promise, however, and likely won't be down for long.

Serious promise? Based on what?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 13, 2012, 03:27:38 PM

They have serious promise, however, and likely won't be down for long.

Serious promise? Based on what?

Don't be a [wiseguy]
: February 13, 2012, 03:37:22 PM 3rd String Kicker

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 13, 2012, 05:48:10 PM

>__>

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#37 : February 14, 2012, 06:32:09 AM

Only homer Buc fans would say that the team has serious promise. I doubt that any outside looks at the team and says that.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 14, 2012, 11:19:08 AM

Only homer Buc fans would say that the team has serious promise. I doubt that any outside looks at the team and says that.

BS  The Bucs were a bad call by the officials from 11 wins and a playoff spot just 14 months ago. They beat two playoff teams from our division and played a respectable game against the Puckers this past season. This is not that lacks talent. They simply lacked leadership. By most accounts the coaching staff was the worst ever in the history of the franchise. Logic would dictate that any change HAS to be an upgrade over what we had. I'm not saying the Bucs are a lock to make the playoffs, but I do believe they will be respectable. 8 wins is certainly possible. Given the personnel adjustments yet to be made, I'd say 8 wins is almost a given. We do have some solid pieces already in place. All they need is decent coaching.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs are NOT the worst team in the NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools