Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2012 2-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT 1.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 12, 2012, 11:44:44 AM

The ironic thing is Vikings fans argued it was a poor use of resources to draft Gerhart that high with AP on the team.  But it may look like using a high selection to draft AP was the bigger mistake.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 12, 2012, 11:59:28 AM

The ironic thing is Vikings fans argued it was a poor use of resources to draft Gerhart that high with AP on the team.  But it may look like using a high selection to draft AP was the bigger mistake.

Once again cementing yourself as the dumbest poster on this site.

Blackmon is not similar to Crabtree in playing style or body type, they're completely different receivers. But I do see the lack of speed that Blackmon has and it does worry me a little. This is another reason that I'd like to try and trade back because I think Kendall Wright is going to be a beast in the NFL, and he provides the speed that we need. Kendall Wright + Vincent Jackson + Mike Williams = Josh Freeman having no excuses.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : February 12, 2012, 12:02:59 PM

I'd rather see the Bucs sign a FA like Bowe than use it on Blackmon, saving the pick for Richardson. We can't live with Blount as our primary RB and Lumpkin/Graham/Madu as support again.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 12, 2012, 12:15:49 PM

Blackmon is not similar to Crabtree in playing style or body type, they're completely different receivers. But I do see the lack of speed that Blackmon has and it does worry me a little. This is another reason that I'd like to try and trade back because I think Kendall Wright is going to be a beast in the NFL, and he provides the speed that we need. Kendall Wright + Vincent Jackson + Mike Williams = Josh Freeman having no excuses.

I said it earlier I think Wright works himself into the top 10, I would not be upset at all if we were able to move back a few spots pick up another 2nd or 3rd and take Wright. Don't get me wrong for me it's Claiborne or Reif with the 5th pick but a trade back acquiring more picks is ideal with all the holes we have. Blackmon or Richardson at 5 would not be my first choice but I think either one makes a impact from day one. We are in a good spot at 5 no matter who your favorites are.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 12, 2012, 12:16:53 PM

Yes, dreaming is quite nice. Would you like some fresh coffee?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 12, 2012, 12:24:50 PM

I see a Mike Williams with a little better route running skills. I don't see Top Five talent there.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 12, 2012, 12:28:03 PM

Yes apparently Blackmon is slow.

"running away from the defense"

Hint - Blackmon projected 40 time 4.54
          Williams actual 40 time 4.45
          Benn actual 40 time    4.48

Lets wait and see how he does at the combine and pro days. Watching him out run a bunch of Stanford LB's is not the most impressive. BTW, on that one play, the FS, #3 Thomas was clearly closing on Blackmon, and Thomas runs a 4.52.

So tell me, how are we adding speed?

Yes he has talent, but even above average speed is not one of them.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 12, 2012, 12:33:45 PM

Yes, dreaming is quite nice. Would you like some fresh coffee?

We could easily take Kendall Wright with the pick we currently have, and could still get him if we traded into the back of the top 10 so that's not a dream. We could also throw more money than anyone really could at Vincent Jackson. So what's this dream you speak of? Seems easily attainable to me.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 12, 2012, 12:42:26 PM

I'll be interested in mock drafts after free agency.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 12, 2012, 12:43:45 PM

Hint - Blackmon projected 40 time 4.54
          Williams actual 40 time 4.45
          Benn actual 40 time    4.48

Lets wait and see how he does at the combine and pro days. Watching him out run a bunch of Stanford LB's is not the most impressive. BTW, on that one play, the FS, #3 Thomas was clearly closing on Blackmon, and Thomas runs a 4.52.

So tell me, how are we adding speed?

Yes he has talent, but even above average speed is not one of them.

Blackmon doesn't need top end speed to be a deep threat. 

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 12, 2012, 12:45:28 PM

I sure hope that isn't how the top 5 plays out.  If it is, there'll be nobody to [hopefully] trade down with and pickup some much needed picks.

If we are forced to pick at 5 and Claiborne is gone, I'm starting to lean towards Riley Reiff or Jonathan Martin.  You can find guys like WR Mario Manningham and RB Mike Tolbert in Free Agency, but you're not going to find above average Tackles.  IMO, the better value at that point is O-line.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 12, 2012, 12:47:48 PM

OK, glad to see are you now admitting he doesn't have top end speed. Thank you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 12, 2012, 12:48:59 PM

OK, glad to see are you now admitting he has no top end speed. Thank you.

No one claimed he had top end speed.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 12, 2012, 12:50:40 PM

Blackmon = T.O. 2.0 without the drama.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 12, 2012, 12:54:55 PM

Justin Blackmon is no Calvin Johnson, he is no Dez Bryant and he is no Hakeem Nicks. Think Michael Crabtree.

Seriously. Have you ever watched this guy play? The only thing Blackmon doesn't have over Calvin Johnson is 3 inchs in height.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2012 2-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT 1.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools