Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2012 2-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT 1.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 12, 2012, 12:56:49 PM

Seriously. Have you ever watched this guy play? The only thing Blackmon doesn't have over Calvin Johnson is 3 inchs in height.

and 3/10's off the 40?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 12, 2012, 12:57:02 PM

Justin Blackmon is no Calvin Johnson, he is no Dez Bryant and he is no Hakeem Nicks. Think Michael Crabtree.

Seriously. Have you ever watched this guy play? The only thing Blackmon doesn't have over Calvin Johnson is 3 inchs in height.

+1

Didn't you receive the memo?  Bucs don't need Blackmon with Webber and Gant on the roster? lulz.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 12, 2012, 01:02:00 PM

I think Blackmon is an actual number 1 cause he catches everything. He may not be the fastest guy but he catches everything and makes plays. He's more like a TO without the attitude.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 12, 2012, 01:03:27 PM

pleeaaase dont waste the #5 pick on a glorified #2 receiver. As for the "running away from the defense" clip. I'd hope the "best receiver in college" can out run a slow white LB behind him (who had come from the line on scrimmage). There was no safety over the top. That clip was a broken tackle and then home free. the good part was breaking the tackle, the easy part was taking it to the endzone. You really want to analyze his speed on that play? pause it at 31 seconds and look at the corner at the top of the screen #3, he goes to cover the guy coming out of the backfield in the flats and see's that Blackmon caught it about 8-9 yards away from him. from a near standstill he closes in on him to about 4 yards, keep in mind Blackmon caught it on the run.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 12, 2012, 01:04:01 PM

I think Blackmon is an actual number 1 cause he catches everything. He may not be the fastest guy but he catches everything and makes plays. He's more like a TO without the attitude.

The guy is money all over the field.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 12, 2012, 01:07:19 PM

If we got Blackmon we will still have to get a deep threat too. Although I guess Benn can learn to be that guy.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 12, 2012, 01:09:19 PM

Justin Blackmon is no Calvin Johnson, he is no Dez Bryant and he is no Hakeem Nicks. Think Michael Crabtree.

+1

Didn't you receive the memo?  Bucs don't need Blackmon with Webber and Gant on the roster? lulz.

You see ADW, that's why you irritate so many people. You take things completely out of context and go chicken little all the time. No one said even mentioned Gant or Webber. Once again that is just you going overboard in your reaction.   ::)

I'd love to have a conversation about it, but you take everything so personal and anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you is apparently an idiot.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 12, 2012, 01:09:51 PM

Blackmon will be the center piece for Schiano's downfield offense.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 12, 2012, 01:13:00 PM

Blackmon will be the center piece for Schiano's downfield offense.

No if Blackmon is drafted, he will run slants, drags and crossing routes. His ability to catch the ball in tight spots and break tackles means he could take any of those to the house. But his lack of speed will keep him in the short to medium range with the hope of YAC afterwards. He will not take the top off the defense.

Note: That is M Williams job now, if he could hold onto the ball that is.

Note #2: Look at the video that ADW provided again, that demonstrates exactly what I said short to medium routes. Not a single pass over 15 yards most in the 5-9 range.
: February 12, 2012, 01:17:39 PM Freddy

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 12, 2012, 01:21:03 PM

Ya he's not going to get the long routes. He's going to catch everything though so thats why you need him running the chain moving routes. We would need a deep threat.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 12, 2012, 01:28:54 PM

Ya he's not going to get the long routes. He's going to catch everything though so thats why you need him running the chain moving routes. We would need a deep threat.

OK, so isn't that exactly what Williams was doing his rookie year? He had a sophomore slump or he may actually not be very good. But are we drafting Williams replacement already, then on top of that, still going out to look for a speed WR too? How about we get a speed WR in FA or lower in the draft and see if Williams rebounds thus using the #5 pick on an area with more glaring needs?

Note: (Notes are need to preempt serious over reactions) - Blackmon is better than Williams talent wise, but if Williams returns to Rookie form really how much more production wise does the team REALLY get. Williams in 2010 - 65 catches, 964 yards 11 TD's and 44 first downs.
: February 12, 2012, 01:32:35 PM Freddy

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 12, 2012, 01:31:03 PM

I don't think Blackmon has elite top end speed, but he doesn't need it. I think he is a very good receiver who could possibly be a #1. I wouldn't be upset if we take him, but I think Michael Floyd might be just as good and he would be available later in the first round....so even if we wanted a WR, I think I'd still trade back if possible. If we are stuck at #% though, Blackmon would be an attractive pick imo.

I'd like to see us add some speed to the slot or at RB, but I think many people over exaggerate the importance of pure speed. You look at the Packers and the Giants and you see a solid crop of WRs that run great routes and just get open. They also have great hands and perfect chemistry with the QB. All this is what makes a great passing game. Elite top end speed is nice, but not all that important. I think Blackmon, Williams, Benn, and Briscoe could be a great WR corps.
: February 12, 2012, 01:40:14 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 12, 2012, 01:40:17 PM

If we drafted Blackmon I'd put Williams on the other side and have Benn in the slot. Williams won't have the number one corner on him and Benn would be where he fits best in the slot.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 12, 2012, 01:55:40 PM

If we drafted Blackmon I'd put Williams on the other side and have Benn in the slot. Williams won't have the number one corner on him and Benn would be where he fits best in the slot.

And what type of patterns would you have Benn and Williams run? Benn is he closest thing we have to an over the top WR and that is just barely. Williams is, just like Blackmon, a short to medium range WR that (or at least use too) thrive on YAC. So once again our WR's, despite just using the #5 overall pick, are still clustered together between 5-15 yards, ala Olsen. How is that taking shots down field? How is that stretching out the defense?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 12, 2012, 02:02:06 PM

and 3/10's off the 40?
or about 6 inches on the vertical.  not saying he can't be a #1 though.  But if Sanu, who half our coaching staff is familiar with, is avail in the 2nd and which isn't out of the question, I think he has as much "potential" as Blackmon.  Would be better value in my mind.  Or Kendall Wright. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2012 2-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT 1.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools