Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "The Trent Richardson Thread" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 99 100 101 102

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1500 : April 06, 2012, 11:30:20 AM

Agree on RB, WLB, SS and CB2. 

Trueblood is serviceable. Can't have all all-pros on the OL. K2 will be fine for a year or two and we don't know what Stocker can do yet. Watson can be a decent SAM imo. Talib is still here as CB1. TJax can be more than solid. Wright is a good CB. Top priorities imo are RB, WLB, SS and a 3rd CB.
So we're winning the Super Bowl this season, then? Again, you're counting on a lot of players in 2012 who in all likelihood won't be here in 2013 and even more likely won't be here in 2014. This is reality. Trueblood is only under contract one more season and isn't getting any better. Winslow's knees aren't getting any more healthy. Stocker hasn't even shown to be better than Alex Smith. Watson is still a project and in all likelihood won't even start over the Cheetah this season. Talib is only under contract one more year and isn't getting smarter. Jackson still can't tackle. Wright has been bad more than he's been good. And what if all our injury-prone defensive linemen continue to get injured? This team is going to need a lot more players before they're real contenders.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#1501 : April 06, 2012, 11:31:34 AM

Trueblood is serviceable. Can't have all all-pros on the OL. K2 will be fine for a year or two and we don't know what Stocker can do yet. Watson can be a decent SAM imo. Talib is still here as CB1. TJax can be more than solid. Wright is a good CB. Top priorities imo are RB, WLB, SS and a 3rd CB.

3rd CB? More like #1 CB, this is Talib's last year with the Bucs if he even plays at all and Wright is a slot guy, the 1st priority is definately CB.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#1502 : April 06, 2012, 11:32:42 AM

You can't fix everything in one offseason. TR (along with VJax and Nick) will solidify the offense for years to come and give the Bucs an identity. Then Dom can focus on the D. If TR is teh #2 talent on your draft board, you take him imo.
However history shows RB's have the shortest careers of any position. If you're truly building a team for 2014 and beyond, you'd start with the positions that last the longest.

No one is building a team for 2020. The window is probably 2013 to 2016. Trent will be there.
In order for the Bucs to win the Super Bowl right now, they need a new RB, TE, RT, WLB, SLB, SS, FS, CB1, and CB2. It's going to be hard to fix all those problems before 2014, and by then Vincent Jackson will be 32, Penn and Joseph 32, and who knows what kind of physical condition McCoy, Price, and Bowers will be in.

You sir have pinpointed the flaw in Dom's "Build through the drat" philosophy. If you do not regularly supplement with free agents you will forever have holes in your team. The windows are too narrow for players.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#1503 : April 06, 2012, 12:27:44 PM

3rd CB? More like #1 CB, this is Talib's last year with the Bucs if he even plays at all and Wright is a slot guy, the 1st priority is definately CB.

Tough to say CB is top priority when we don't even know what defense this team will be playing yet. If it's more Tampa2 then taking a CB at #5 is overkill. If Schiano expects to run a ton of man to man coverage then yes. Talib could be extended, not saying they'll do it but he's not lost for sure.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1504 : April 06, 2012, 12:31:09 PM

I never was a fan of Blount, useless on 3rd down, cant catch out of backfield, at times cant get 1 yard like a play i recall against Falcons. I seriously would rather go Richardson then LB/CB in 2nd but have this bad feeling Browns may screw it up and take Richardson.

How many of you think Browns may go TRich??  I came across one site talkn possibility Bucs moving up to #3, as much as i want Richardson Id hate giving up 2nd rounder to do so. Guess will just have to hope Browns go for Blackmon or Tanenhill unless another rumor comes true with Rams moving up to #4 for Blackmon which would be awesome since would allow us to get Trent at #5.......Id be stoked if could get Richardson without having to give up picks

Hey dude, what the **CENSORED** happened to your thread?

Madman

Hall of Famer

#1505 : April 06, 2012, 12:34:25 PM

Btw I'm for taking BPA at #5, like most.

TRich is a special player imo. Players like Claiborne and Blackmon come out every year. Then again, I could be wrong.

flaitguy

Starter
#1506 : April 06, 2012, 12:41:01 PM

While were throwing around the word 'elite' so much, lets talk about when we have really seen elite. The bucs defense with Sapp Brooks Lynch barber, that was elite and it didnt matter if you had a richardson at RB or what running bakc you had there, noone was going to score more than 10 on the bucs back then. So elite RB doesnt mean much if yo ucome across an elite defense without an elite offense to protect and push the line of scrimmage.

I like richardson and I wouldnt complain if we got him but if you could get Kalil, you do that and have him learn on the right side and move Penn to the right in a year or 2. Keep blount and you wouldnt be missing much of anything. Yes, he isnt a great cut back runner but with that line you go downhill, see your first hole and break it open. Scat backs can be had a dime a dozen to come in for relief. Besides, when do yo usee a great OT traded or let go in free agency? you dont, so getting another lineman is a no brainer if it is him.

That said, he wont be there because other clubs arent dumb either. We can keep our offense on the field with Blount, we cant get their defense off the field , probably, if we dont  draft a 'shut down' corner if we can get one.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#1507 : April 07, 2012, 04:43:49 AM

I had a completely unrelated thaoguht on the whole TRich issue, but before I was going to post it - I read this...

While were throwing around the word 'elite' so much, lets talk about when we have really seen elite. The bucs defense with Sapp Brooks Lynch barber, that was elite and it didnt matter if you had a richardson at RB or what running bakc you had there, noone was going to score more than 10 on the bucs back then.

And are we "elite" on D now...?  Nowhere near.  Is bringing in one CB, who is NOT the next Derrell Revis, going to make us immediately defensively "elite"?  No. Nowhere near,

So elite RB doesnt mean much if yo ucome across an elite defense without an elite offense to protect and push the line of scrimmage.  Did Barry, and Emmitt, and Walter have elite lines to run behind...?

I like richardson and I wouldnt complain if we got him but if you could get Kalil, you do that and have him learn on the right side and move Penn to the right in a year or 2. This is CRAZY TALK...!

Keep blount and you wouldnt be missing much of anything.  Except anything resembling a RB behind Blount...

Yes, he isnt a great cut back runner but with that line you go downhill, see your first hole and break it open. Scat backs can be had a dime a dozen to come in for relief. Besides, when do yo usee a great OT traded or let go in free agency? you dont, so getting another lineman is a no brainer if it is him.  If Kalil was going to be there at #5 - I may have kittens if he weren't selected...  I won't have kittens.

That said, he wont be there because other clubs arent dumb either. We can keep our offense on the field with Blount (unless he were to get dinged up...  again...  in which case we'd to turn to Lumpkin again.  What's that...?  Lumpkins gone?  Oh noes...!!!)   , we cant get their defense off the field , probably, if we dont  draft a 'shut down' corner if we can get one.  The jury's still out on whether MoMo's actually a shut-down corner or just a solid addition to your teams defensive backfield...

Do I think BOTH players will be good?  Almost invariably,  One, or even BOTH, may well end up being GREAT...!

But I ask ALL of you one question:  Which team would you rather be...?

The team that gets Richardson, and watches him DESTROY defensive backs like Claiborne, and maybe Claiborne himself. 

Or...

The team that drafts Claiborne, and watches him get blown up by Richardson...  IF we pass on him...!
: April 07, 2012, 04:45:56 AM BucsFTW

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#1508 : April 07, 2012, 05:00:44 AM

Gentlemen.....slowly back away from the font style, size and color buttons^^^^^^^.........I think a font explosion may have just occurred.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#1509 : April 07, 2012, 05:05:47 AM

Damn, Richardson has just been saying all the right things on Twitter for the past 2 weeks.

bobcs2

Rookie

#1510 : April 07, 2012, 05:42:32 AM

I never was a fan of Blount, useless on 3rd down, cant catch out of backfield, at times cant get 1 yard like a play i recall against Falcons. I seriously would rather go Richardson then LB/CB in 2nd but have this bad feeling Browns may screw it up and take Richardson.

How many of you think Browns may go TRich??  I came across one site talkn possibility Bucs moving up to #3, as much as i want Richardson Id hate giving up 2nd rounder to do so. Guess will just have to hope Browns go for Blackmon or Tanenhill unless another rumor comes true with Rams moving up to #4 for Blackmon which would be awesome since would allow us to get Trent at #5.......Id be stoked if could get Richardson without having to give up picks

Hey dude, what the **CENSORED** happened to your thread?

It got trashed, because it was infact trash.

While were throwing around the word 'elite' so much, lets talk about when we have really seen elite. The bucs defense with Sapp Brooks Lynch barber, that was elite and it didnt matter if you had a richardson at RB or what running bakc you had there, noone was going to score more than 10 on the bucs back then. So elite RB doesnt mean much if yo ucome across an elite defense without an elite offense to protect and push the line of scrimmage.

I like richardson and I wouldnt complain if we got him but if you could get Kalil, you do that and have him learn on the right side and move Penn to the right in a year or 2. Keep blount and you wouldnt be missing much of anything. Yes, he isnt a great cut back runner but with that line you go downhill, see your first hole and break it open. Scat backs can be had a dime a dozen to come in for relief. Besides, when do yo usee a great OT traded or let go in free agency? you dont, so getting another lineman is a no brainer if it is him.

That said, he wont be there because other clubs arent dumb either. We can keep our offense on the field with Blount, we cant get their defense off the field , probably, if we dont  draft a 'shut down' corner if we can get one.

Very well said - agreed. All 3 prospects are excellent - we're in a great spot

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#1511 : April 07, 2012, 06:19:15 AM

If you think the TR threads are bad, wait until late April when we get all of the Schedule threads. Ugh.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#1512 : April 07, 2012, 09:31:22 AM

Gentlemen.....slowly back away from the font style, size and color buttons^^^^^^^.........I think a font explosion may have just occurred.

PWI...    My bad.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1513 : April 07, 2012, 01:26:40 PM

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22434

White Tiger

Starter
#1514 : April 08, 2012, 10:26:42 PM

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22434

Nothing will kill draft optimism faster than the team directly ahead of you, picking your guy.

Great article Boid, especially the example of the impact of a legitimate running attack lending tempo, and ultimately having that tempo dictate how often your defense has to stay on the field. It is the exact point I have been trying to make about Trent Richardson being our best defensive pick! It is the reason Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstott balanced the defense by keeping it off the field.

...but in the end...it just depressed me...because Dunn and Alstott made Brad Johnson a much better QB...Richardson can easily make Colt McCoy better than average.

Rats.

Page: 1 ... 99 100 101 102
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "The Trent Richardson Thread" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools