Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "The Trent Richardson Thread" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 102

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#45 : February 13, 2012, 04:33:22 PM

I don't think it's a Morris by-product. This was brought up a few years ago and was debated when there was a threat of him holding out before we resigned him.
I would not be shocked if Reif ends up being the first OT taken, seriously. Not saying he will be but it's not a stretch. To use your same argument we can get a running back in rounds two or three. What sounds better getting the 2nd rated OT and the 2nd rated RB in the first two rounds or the 1st rated RB and the 6th rated OT in the first two rounds? Unless you think Richardson is the next Tomlison or AP, which is the big question, there's better value in taking a RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

I want no part of Richardson either.  My thinking is that the 2 best choices in the 1st round are Blackmon (#1), and Claiborne (#2).  In the 2nd round, I'd like to see the Bucs draft Mike Adams in the 2nd round (if available)... I'm also fine with Ryan Tannehill in the 2nd as well... and all the implications that may follow, and then Martin in the 3rd.  To me, the only terrible pick the Bucs can make is in fact Richardson.  While I don't have a problem with Reiff, Martin, Kalil or any OT, I'd rather the Bucs address needs with all of their picks.

Yea I agree on Claiborne, hes the pick if he's there. If we go need only like you want don't you think its CB, OLB, RB, S in that order? Unless you have us filling OLB, S in free agency. A QB in the second round is a waste IMO.

I so wish I could agree with you on that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#46 : February 13, 2012, 05:04:28 PM

I don't think it's a Morris by-product. This was brought up a few years ago and was debated when there was a threat of him holding out before we resigned him.
I would not be shocked if Reif ends up being the first OT taken, seriously. Not saying he will be but it's not a stretch. To use your same argument we can get a running back in rounds two or three. What sounds better getting the 2nd rated OT and the 2nd rated RB in the first two rounds or the 1st rated RB and the 6th rated OT in the first two rounds? Unless you think Richardson is the next Tomlison or AP, which is the big question, there's better value in taking a RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

I want no part of Richardson either.  My thinking is that the 2 best choices in the 1st round are Blackmon (#1), and Claiborne (#2).  In the 2nd round, I'd like to see the Bucs draft Mike Adams in the 2nd round (if available)... I'm also fine with Ryan Tannehill in the 2nd as well... and all the implications that may follow, and then Martin in the 3rd.  To me, the only terrible pick the Bucs can make is in fact Richardson.  While I don't have a problem with Reiff, Martin, Kalil or any OT, I'd rather the Bucs address needs with all of their picks.

Yea I agree on Claiborne, hes the pick if he's there. If we go need only like you want don't you think its CB, OLB, RB, S in that order? Unless you have us filling OLB, S in free agency. A QB in the second round is a waste IMO.

I so wish I could agree with you on that.
I think the argument would be if you want competition to push Freeman, just sign Jason Campbell or Chad Henne. If you want a player to replace Freeman, history shows QB's have a huge drop off after about pick 20 in the draft, so you're better off waiting until another year to use a 1st round pick on one.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#47 : February 13, 2012, 05:19:42 PM

Dude is not elite talent. Its funny so many people think hes up there with the APs of the world and hes not even close. Hes good, but not that type of good and not top 5 good.

ill be laughing on draft day when he falls out of the top 10 as well.
And this post confirms you don't know what an 'elite' talent is.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#48 : February 13, 2012, 05:21:11 PM

I think Richardson will be a elite but I think Blount will be elite as well.  I don't understand the need to call either one non elite to prove the other is elite? lol.
How will Blount ever be elite if he is a 1 trick pony?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#49 : February 13, 2012, 05:29:47 PM

Dude is not elite talent. Its funny so many people think hes up there with the APs of the world and hes not even close. Hes good, but not that type of good and not top 5 good.

nah, it just confirms your riding a guys jock and cant take a look at what the elite backs of the NFL bring to the table compared to Richardson. He doesnt stack up unless you count muscles. Quincy has muscles.......

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#50 : February 13, 2012, 05:35:22 PM

nah, it just confirms your riding a guys jock and cant take a look at what the elite backs of the NFL bring to the table compared to Richardson. He doesnt stack up unless you count muscles. Quincy has muscles.......
Please diagnose the weakness in his game. I'll wait.
List what he doesn't do compared to elite backs in the NFL. I'll wait.

sharp2325

Starter

#51 : February 13, 2012, 05:39:14 PM

Blount and Richardson together would be a great tandem. So would Blount/Martin or Miller in the second or Blount/Pead in the third. There are plenty of options in the draft to bolster our running back stable. All of which will make our offense better. But whatever route we take we need to get better on the o-line to ensure our success on offense.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#52 : February 13, 2012, 05:43:57 PM

Blount and Richardson together would be a great tandem. So would Blount/Martin or Miller in the second or Blount/Pead in the third. There are plenty of options in the draft to bolster our running back stable. All of which will make our offense better. But whatever route we take we need to get better on the o-line to ensure our success on offense.
Who's to say Miller/Martin or Pead are going to be there? It's the same crap every year with Buc fans.

This type of thinking doesn't ever come to realization. Like every Buc fan wanted Jerry Hughes at #35 in 2010, didn't happen.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#53 : February 13, 2012, 05:44:02 PM

Ive already posted how his speed, agility, vision, elusiveness, explosiveness and a few others dont stack up to AP. Ive posted vids of the two and its very apparent they are not in the same class.

Add in the value for HB is low, especially in the top 5 and this team has a capable runner already, there is no value in the pick. That doesnt even include addressing team needs or the shelf life of HBs in todays NFL.

The absolute only way you pick a HB in the top is if you think he can be a top 5 back in the NFL for the next 7 years. I, along with many others dont see it. It will be proven on draft day when no team spends a top 5 and maybe even a top 10 pick on the guy.

I could go on and on about how hes performed poorly against top NCAA defenses(that are nothing compared to a crappy NFL defense) and also list the fact that hes playing behind one of the best run blocking line in NCAA as well.

please, thoroughly dismiss  all of those with something other than your opinion.....ill be waiting.......prolly 3 years or so when he turns out to be average in the NFL.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#54 : February 13, 2012, 05:45:30 PM

And for the record, you sounding ridiculously stupid for saying "jock rider". I despise Alabama as am I GATOR fan. So go find another weak azz cop-out fisher boy.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#55 : February 13, 2012, 05:47:44 PM

yeah, thats what I thought. deflect the attention away from the facts because all you have is opinion.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#56 : February 13, 2012, 05:50:19 PM

Ive already posted how his speed, agility, vision, elusiveness, explosiveness and a few others dont stack up to AP. Ive posted vids of the two and its very apparent they are not in the same class.

Add in the value for HB is low, especially in the top 5 and this team has a capable runner already, there is no value in the pick. That doesnt even include addressing team needs or the shelf life of HBs in todays NFL.

The absolute only way you pick a HB in the top is if you think he can be a top 5 back in the NFL for the next 7 years. I, along with many others dont see it. It will be proven on draft day when no team spends a top 5 and maybe even a top 10 pick on the guy.

I could go on and on about how hes performed poorly against top NCAA defenses(that are nothing compared to a crappy NFL defense) and also list the fact that hes playing behind one of the best run blocking line in NCAA as well.

please, thoroughly dismiss  all of those with something other than your opinion.....ill be waiting.......prolly 3 years or so when he turns out to be average in the NFL.
I forgot you were a professional scout, so you must be right and the other draft critics are way off. Nevertheless, please point out how those attributes don't stack up. Reference game(s) where his agility, vision, speed, and explosiveness was questionable. "Very apparent"? Lmao, your over your head.

Position value and elite talent are two different things. Many others? Can you post some actual draft analysts with that. I'll wait.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#57 : February 13, 2012, 05:51:17 PM

yeah, thats what I thought. deflect the attention away from the facts because all you have is opinion.
What are you talking about? What "facts" did you provide. You stated your delusional opinion.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#58 : February 13, 2012, 05:55:16 PM

I'll wait for those game for you to reference where he couldn't shake anybody, run away from anybody, and he missed holes.

And no, highlight reels don't count. Prove that you watched more than just 1 game on national TV, and maybe you might have water in that cup. Fish sticks.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#59 : February 13, 2012, 06:01:42 PM

Forgot to address this. Bush, AP, and McFadden ALL had good run blocking in front of them so what's your point? All 3 had NFL prospects on their offensive line. A good OL does not hurt a prospects status. Nice try though. And, please point out the games he has performed poorly in? List the games. You are just making crap up on the spot. LMFAO

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480206/trent-richardson
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 102
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "The Trent Richardson Thread" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools