Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "The Trent Richardson Thread" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 102

Madman

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 13, 2012, 12:09:48 PM

While the value of RB at #5 is a question, there is no question that T-Rich is an absolute beast and a complete RB.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 13, 2012, 12:16:07 PM

No doubt about it, the guy is a beast. I've never questioned his talent but I have questioned the intelligence of taking a RB that high. Look all over the league and you'll see guys drafted later on in the draft having success. My personal thought is we're a better team with a great Oline to pass block and run block than with a great RB and a not so good offensive line.

A #5 RT would help this offense a lot. Blount gets hit in the backfield often, so would Richardson. You can't expect to have consistency out of the running game when our RB have to break a tackle just to get back to the LOS.

whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. Youre saying better blocking would yield better results? Youre saying a franchise RT holds more value than HB? Youre saying that no matter who the HB is, they arent going to be all that great without blocking? GTFO!

Your not allowed to make sense on these boards. Youre just supposed to trash players and go with the "sexy" players regardless of need, value, or long term planning.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 13, 2012, 12:32:31 PM

I'm starting to wane off the Kalil (Reiff any tackle), pick.  I don't see a valid reason to drafting a RT at #5.  Sure, he is a LT, but Penn is very good and I can't see why they'd make a pick that really won't help this team that much for at least 2-3 years.
Personally, I'm strongly of the opinion that if we drafted a tackle, it would make more sense to go ahead and start him at LOT and move Penn.  Sure, Penn is a decent player, but so is Blount.  It isn't as if drafting Richardson wouldn't mean we'd also be changing the role of one of the team's better players.  And frankly, even if we did draft a tackle and start him on the right side, it would still help the team out quite a bit immediately, not 2-3 years down the road.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 13, 2012, 12:35:00 PM

I'm starting to wane off the Kalil (Reiff any tackle), pick.  I don't see a valid reason to drafting a RT at #5.  Sure, he is a LT, but Penn is very good and I can't see why they'd make a pick that really won't help this team that much for at least 2-3 years.
Because every 1st round pick the Bucs have used for an immediate impact player has sucked?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 13, 2012, 12:36:19 PM

I'm probably on my own here, but I think Richardson compares pretty favorably to Marshawn Lynch.  I think he'll be a solid all-around back, but I wouldn't use a top-5 pick on him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 13, 2012, 12:42:07 PM

I would disagree that Penn is "very good".  He's above average at his position, but because he's out of shape his play really drops off at the end of every season.  That will never work in the playoffs.
Drafting a LT and flipping Penn to RT gives us a huge upgrade over Trueblood and Penn's late-season swoons won't be as harmfull against theless athletic pass-rushers at LDE

slpstk

Rookie
#21 : February 13, 2012, 12:45:14 PM

I was very against drafting a RB at number 5 but the more I watch of the guy he reminds me of a Ray Rice or Jones Drew. Not saying he is but he has the compact strength deal with great burst. I am not completely sold by any means but its sure would be nice and would be worth evaluating him throughout the process. IMO...

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 13, 2012, 12:46:58 PM

The only way I take TR is if Blackmon, Claiborne, and RG III are gone.
If they are, that means that Kalil or Luck(lol) are still on the board.  In that case, I take one of those two players without anything vaguely resembling hesitation.

With Nicks and Gaither available I don't use my 1st on OL

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 13, 2012, 12:50:04 PM

forgetting positional value the two highest graded players that might be avail to us at #5 are going to be Claiborne and Richardson IMO.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 13, 2012, 12:55:41 PM

forgetting positional value the two highest graded players that might be avail to us at #5 are going to be Claiborne and Richardson IMO.
But we know 2-3 years down the road players drafted #12, #16, and #21 are going to be better than some of the ones drafted in the top 5, so the Bucs should not be cutting themselves off after the top couple prospects.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 13, 2012, 12:59:56 PM

this really stings:  http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2007redraft.php

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 13, 2012, 01:02:45 PM

NFL stud. Draft him

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 13, 2012, 01:03:57 PM

TR= Beast= LMAO!!!
Not sure what's funny about that but okay.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 13, 2012, 01:18:30 PM

Dude is not elite talent. Its funny so many people think hes up there with the APs of the world and hes not even close. Hes good, but not that type of good and not top 5 good.

ill be laughing on draft day when he falls out of the top 10 as well.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 13, 2012, 01:24:28 PM

ill be laughing on draft day when he falls out of the top 10 as well.
Yeah, if the Bucs don't pick him, I don't know which other team will. The highest he'd go is #13 to Arizona.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 102
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "The Trent Richardson Thread" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools