Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne or...RT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 13, 2012, 05:34:36 PM

We don't NEED a RT.

We have other positions filled which are much more important. Examples: LG, CB (2), LB-at least 1, S, RB and backup QB.

To me those are NEEDS!

I think RT is a much bigger need that LG

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 13, 2012, 05:37:12 PM

yeah, because the O-line has played so well. upgrading any of the line would be a waste. If they dont bring in some guys in FA to start on the line, they need to spend early picks on the line.

The defense has had tons invested in it while the offense has had very little. The HBs have to break tackles before they hit the LOS and Freeman has had to dodge more sacks than most every QB. The offense cant score or stay on the field to help the defense at all. The Bucs need a top O-lineman from either FA or the draft.

this team has holes all over the place so you might as well start filling them with the BPA. I dont think it really matters a ton unless you have a guy like Claiborne sitting their at your biggest position of need. Drafting to fill NEEDS has proven to come back to bite teams more often than not.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 13, 2012, 05:59:04 PM

This is an easy one, Claiborne

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 13, 2012, 07:31:02 PM

Right Tackle would be the DUMBEST pick ever. You don't waste a pick that high to have him play RT for that long. We'd be speeding up the process on Penn for no particular reason. And most importantly, good tackle prospects come out EVERY SINGLE YEAR! We can't take a guy like Reiff over more pressing needs, not to mention more talented players, when there's going to be someone available as good or better every draft for the next 10 years. There's no value in it.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 13, 2012, 07:36:49 PM

Please don't draft an offensive lineman especially Reiff.

We need playmakers.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 13, 2012, 07:52:55 PM

If Claiborne is gone, trade down with Jacksonville for the #7 and #71 and draft Riley Rieff @ #7

Why would they do that?  All their needs will be there at 7.  The only hope is if they fall in love with Blackmon and want to take him before Washington.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 13, 2012, 07:58:17 PM

If Claiborne is gone, trade down with Jacksonville for the #7 and #71 and draft Riley Rieff @ #7

Why would they do that?  All their needs will be there at 7.  The only hope is if they fall in love with Blackmon and want to take him before Washington.

Or.....RG III is sitting there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TowMater69

Second String

#22 : February 13, 2012, 07:58:46 PM

Indy-luck, wash-RGIII, Min-Kalil, Clev-Claiborne......Jacksonville will jump ahead of St Louis to get Blackmon.
Rieff will start at  LT and Penn moves to RT

1bucfan88

Second String
#23 : February 13, 2012, 08:00:42 PM

RT is in need of an upgrade, but I think you take your chances with Trueblood for one more year and draft a tackle on day 2 who can eventually take that job over.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#24 : February 14, 2012, 04:55:21 AM

I would be happy with that.

I would be very happy with that.. Who would Jax trade up for? Blackmon?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 14, 2012, 09:44:23 AM

We don't NEED a RT.

We have other positions filled which are much more important. Examples: LG, CB (2), LB-at least 1, S, RB and backup QB.

To me those are NEEDS!

How is the back-up QB (a position that hopefully never takes a snap) a bigger NEED than a position that plays over 1000 snaps a year?

The Buccaneers have one of the worst RT's in the league, I'm not sure how folks don't see that as a need.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 14, 2012, 10:00:05 AM

Right Tackle would be the DUMBEST pick ever. You don't waste a pick that high to have him play RT for that long. We'd be speeding up the process on Penn for no particular reason. And most importantly, good tackle prospects come out EVERY SINGLE YEAR! We can't take a guy like Reiff over more pressing needs, not to mention more talented players, when there's going to be someone available as good or better every draft for the next 10 years. There's no value in it.
Wait, aren't you the guy who wants us to spend a top 5 pick on a running back?  And you're complaining about the value of drafting a guy to play offensive tackle?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 14, 2012, 10:10:01 AM

1. There's a darned good reason we'd be speeding up the process on Penn - he balloons up to 400 lbs around Thanksgiving of every season and his play falls off the cliff.

2. Yes, there are good tackle prospects every year, just like there are good prospects at every other position each year. The difference is all the good tackle prospects are usually gone within the first 10-15 picks, and hopefully the Bucs won't be picking this high again anytime soon.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 14, 2012, 11:20:01 AM

Please don't draft an offensive lineman especially Reiff.

We need playmakers.

if freeman had no rush on him would he make better throws, become more of a playmaker?
if blount had holes to run through would he become more of a playmaker?
if williams had an extra second to beat the CB would he become more of a playmaker?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#29 : February 14, 2012, 11:25:54 AM

Richardson or Claiborne.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne or...RT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools