Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: for those of you clamoring for a deep threat « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 13, 2012, 05:01:24 PM

whether he becomes one or not we drafted Benn to be our #1.  If we draft this dude in the mid rounds it would to be a #3 WR at best  I'm not the one comparing them.  You are.  and since I've seen that Hilton kid's name thrown around here I personally think Jenkins is a much better pro prospect.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 13, 2012, 05:02:43 PM

so?  you don't see some value in a speedy WR with that kind of production that could be had that late?

Benn is faster.   4.39 at his pro day.

Wasn't that a torn ACL ago?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 13, 2012, 05:15:20 PM

whether he becomes one or not we drafted Benn to be our #1.  If we draft this dude in the mid rounds it would to be a #3 WR at best  I'm not the one comparing them.  You are.  and since I've seen that Hilton kid's name thrown around here I personally think Jenkins is a much better pro prospect.

About the one thing the Bucs DON"T need is a #3 WR.   We have plenty of those already.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 13, 2012, 05:20:09 PM

About the one thing the Bucs DON"T need is a #3 WR.   We have plenty of those already.

The question will be whether Schiano and Sullivan are willing to use 3 and 4 receiver sets which Olson seldom did.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 13, 2012, 05:28:22 PM

Veteran receivers please.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 13, 2012, 05:31:57 PM

Veteran receivers please.

I hear that you can have T.O. and Moss and Ocho and Ward all pretty cheap. Sign all 4 and have the Bucs do Hard Knocks this year. Oh, the excitement.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 13, 2012, 05:45:56 PM

many here think we need to have a vertical threat.  this guy could potentially play that kind of role.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 13, 2012, 05:54:39 PM

many here think we need to have a vertical threat.  this guy could potentially play that kind of role.

As a #3?   Wouldn't you want your #1 to be the vertical threat?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 13, 2012, 06:02:21 PM

6'2" 220 pound guys like Benn or Williams I want running intermediate routes most of the time and trying to make yards after the catch.  this is the kind of guy you send deep to draw coverage off them.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 13, 2012, 06:07:19 PM

6'2" 220 pound guys like Benn or Williams I want running intermediate routes most of the time and trying to make yards after the catch.  this is the kind of guy you send deep to draw coverage off them.

Then you would be wasting Benn's speed.   IMO

I think there was a thread today, something about Benn being excited about going vertical. Or something to that effect.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#40 : February 13, 2012, 06:59:19 PM

Looks good against zone in that clip.

Seemed to find his way open

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 13, 2012, 07:04:48 PM

Is veteran deep threat an oxymoron?

No but Jumbo shrimp and military intelligence are!

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 13, 2012, 07:31:54 PM

Benn isn't that fast. He's not Galloway, he's not Mike Wallace, he's not Steve Smith. He's got decent speed but I don't see where the idea that he's a burner comes from .

I got to watch Jenkins all week at the Shrine Bowl. He runs really really really polished routes and is very quick within the first 5-10 yards and accelerates quickly. He can run away from you after that. Wouldn't mind taking a 5/6 waiver on him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 13, 2012, 07:54:41 PM

I'd like Joe Adams if he falls to us in the 3rd, but to be honest if we don't draft a WR or sign any FA WRs....I'm fine with Williams, Benn, Briscoe, Parker, and Webber. I think the talent is there, we just need better coaching to improve the chemistry and timing. If we get everyone on the same page I believe our WR corps could be very good.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 13, 2012, 08:28:35 PM

Benn played last year at 80-90%. Hopefully at 100% Benn can be the answer with the right OC.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: for those of you clamoring for a deep threat « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools