Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so does Talib really get cut? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 14, 2012, 11:33:25 AM

I'd say if he gets off...   he stays.

Schiano is exactly what that cat needs.

JMHO

This^^^

Behind the DL there are a lot of holes to fill. Ronde won't be back IMO, and starting over will be tough enough without doing it from scratch.

I do believe he will get off. Our system of justice is the best that money can buy. He can afford to buy his way out of this.
: February 14, 2012, 11:36:07 AM 1sparkybuc

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 14, 2012, 11:40:40 AM

His trial is March 26th. If he's not released before then it's going to be an embarrassment to the organization. Schiano, Dominik and the players are going to have to keep answering questions about it.

Cut ties and chalk it up to a bad pick.

The only problem with that JC5100 is the message it might send to the locker room.  I would worry that if you do it before the trial some (most?) are going to see not as a case of getting rid of a bad apple, but a case of the team not willing to stand by its players in a time of crisis. I'm not saying they shouldn't move on, but they might want to wait. There also might be value (trade) in waiting.

I don't believe "crisis" is the best word to describe his situation. Cadillac type injuries or some kind of serious illness would be a "crisis". He put himself in a bad situation because of his actions. And this isn't a one time incident either, it's a trend. A trend getting more violent with each incident. If any player has a problem with the Bucs releasing Talib, then maybe they should be released too. The Schiano era shouldn't start with a headline like " Tampa Bay Buc sentenced to 2 years in prison." And if by some miracle he does skate I don't see much trade value. He's not even good.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 14, 2012, 12:02:29 PM

I think he stays and is on a zero tollerance policy...next time and you are finished

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 14, 2012, 12:03:43 PM

He's going to be the poster child for the "A" in Schiano's TBA.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 14, 2012, 12:18:04 PM

Keep him, pick up Carr, and draft Claiborne and let him play nickel and learn behind the other two. I really would like to stop this practice of drafting starters. If Mo is there, he will be BPA and good Talib insurance.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 14, 2012, 12:25:47 PM

His trial is March 26th. If he's not released before then it's going to be an embarrassment to the organization. Schiano, Dominik and the players are going to have to keep answering questions about it.

The only problem with that JC5100 is the message it might send to the locker room.  I would worry that if you do it before the trial some (most?) are going to see not as a case of getting rid of a bad apple, but a case of the team not willing to stand by its players in a time of crisis. I'm not saying they shouldn't move on, but they might want to wait. There also might be value (trade) in waiting.

I don't believe "crisis" is the best word to describe his situation. Cadillac type injuries or some kind of serious illness would be a "crisis". He put himself in a bad situation because of his actions. And this isn't a one time incident either, it's a trend. A trend getting more violent with each incident. If any player has a problem with the Bucs releasing Talib, then maybe they should be released too. The Schiano era shouldn't start with a headline like " Tampa Bay Buc sentenced to 2 years in prison." And if by some miracle he does skate I don't see much trade value. He's not even good.

That's how you see it, and that's how I see it.  I'm just suggesting that players might see it very differently.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 14, 2012, 12:26:25 PM

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^AND THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 14, 2012, 12:26:47 PM

Schiano should have cut him in his introductory press conference.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#23 : February 14, 2012, 12:52:10 PM

he's been pretty lenient with players so far.  of coarse Morris ain't around to have his back now.  but this is the same guy that gave Tanard a contract extension almost immediately.

IIRC last year Dom wanted to give him the chop and it was Morris who went to bat for him. I can see us cutting bait on the guy.
Do not beleive every report out there, especialy from roto world and yahoo sports who barley have anything to say about the bucs. how would they know this?
http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1288396.0.html?PHPSESSID=83l91datch07kfjof8ir16eur7
: February 14, 2012, 12:57:17 PM mslatoya

bashear

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 14, 2012, 01:01:52 PM

If you worry about what the locker room thinks of releasing Talib, then you really aren't serious about instilling discipline and accountability. This recent incident is just the latest  for Talib. If you have players in the locker room that don't understand this, get rid of them as well.

I have no idea what the Bucs' plans for Talib are, but if they get rid of him, so be it. If they keep him, I'll understand that as well. They have far more information on the player than I do.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so does Talib really get cut? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools