Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nigel Bradham « previous next »
Page: 1 2

zeke23

Rookie

: February 16, 2012, 10:30:37 AM

Anyone got any good scouting reports on this guy? Hell of an athlete. Good size and plays with a mean streak. Great speed at the LB position.

What round is he projected to go? And is he a Mike, Will or Sam?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 16, 2012, 10:37:07 AM

think he is considered a 3rd rounder

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 16, 2012, 10:38:37 AM

Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 237.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Arm: 33 1/4. Hand: 10 3/8.
Projected Round (2012): 3-4.
12/26/11: Bradham has played well this season, becoming the first Seminole since Marvin Jones to lead the team in tackles for three straight seasons. Bradham has 77 tackles with nine tackles for a loss, two sacks, three passes broken up, one interception and a forced fumble. He played well against Miami and Oklahoma. Bradham is fast and physical, but his awareness and instincts can be off at times.

8/23/11: Nigel Bradham made strides as a junior after being somewhat inconsistent as a sophomore. Last year, he had 97 tackles with 6.5 tackles for loss, five sacks and five passes broken up in 2010. Bradham had decent production in his first year as a starter in 2009, when he notched 93 tackles with 5.5 tackles for a loss and two sacks. Bradham has the size and speed to be a starter in the NFL. - WF

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 16, 2012, 10:41:53 AM

I wouldn't complain about him in the 3rd.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#4 : February 16, 2012, 12:10:32 PM

I am a noles fan was stoked about getting him he was the #1 LB prospect coming out he was a BEAST just a grown man. How ever he does not have great insticts and play recongition thats huge for a LB and he does not make enough splash plays either.

zeke23

Rookie

#5 : February 16, 2012, 12:10:40 PM

I wouldn't complain about him in the 3rd.

About what I figured. I'd love to grab him up round 3.

We need Lbs with attitude.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 16, 2012, 03:13:35 PM

dude was nasty at FSU. really wish he would have played middle linebacker because he would have been disgusting. his instincts and diagnosing have gotten better in the last two seasons. chuck amato's coaching, or lack there of, really stunted him in the first 2 years at FSU. he was immensely better this year and if he had another year of eligibility hed move into late 1st early scond consideration.  its amazing what good coaching will do.

right now i see him as a 3rd-4th round player. ideally i think he needs to be a 3-4 ilb. hes got the speed to cover inside and he plays the run well.

i would love to see him in tampa bay but i doubt we get him because we need so many players and we wont have a pick where he is going

dean youngblood

Starter

#7 : February 16, 2012, 03:25:56 PM

Spence is better.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 16, 2012, 03:28:04 PM

spence is good but i just dont think hes going to be good in the league. hes too small and hes going to get pushed around

id be very annoyed if we took spence or david. both are geno hayes clones and everyone wants to get rid of him. i want bigger linebackers that wont get run over
: February 16, 2012, 03:29:35 PM dexmonkey

dean youngblood

Starter

#9 : February 16, 2012, 03:39:27 PM

David? Maybe. He put up far bigger numbers than Hayes did in college and is a way better tackler...While Spence is undersized, he played in the middle for the most part. He can be physical and his insticts are out of this world. Something that has never been mentioned about Geno. Anyways, if it came down to Spence or Bradham, I take Spence all day. I Remember a lot of people that thought Derrick Brooks should be a Safety. Just sayin.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 16, 2012, 03:57:27 PM

spence was a will backer at miami, colin mccarthy was their mike linebacker. and then ramon buchanon this year.

i just dont know if our line can keep guys off of spence. his biggest problem was if a TE or Olineman got his hands on him it was over. his best attribute was speed and openfield tackling

i think spence is topped out potentialwise. bradham has been improving over the last two years and doesnt look to be finished. spence probably had the better career in college, but bradham has a higher ceiling. i think spence would see the field earlier because he is farther along with his instincts, but bradham has the potential to be great.

no way to know until we see it happen. i think they will wind up playing different positions in the league though. i see nigel as a 3-4 guy and spence as a 4-3 will

dean youngblood

Starter

#11 : February 16, 2012, 04:09:11 PM

spence was a will backer at miami, colin mccarthy was their mike linebacker. and then ramon buchanon this year.

i just dont know if our line can keep guys off of spence. his biggest problem was if a TE or Olineman got his hands on him it was over. his best attribute was speed and openfield tackling

i think spence is topped out potentialwise. bradham has been improving over the last two years and doesnt look to be finished. spence probably had the better career in college, but bradham has a higher ceiling. i think spence would see the field earlier because he is farther along with his instincts, but bradham has the potential to be great.

no way to know until we see it happen. i think they will wind up playing different positions in the league though. i see nigel as a 3-4 guy and spence as a 4-3 will

Agree...Spence will be a WILL in the NFL...but in college he played SAM and MIKE...mostly Mike after McCarthy left. Buchanan will be the Mike next year. And not saying anything against Bradham as he obviously has the size/speed and potential to be good in the NFL, but Spence can get bigger and already was the best player on a college D.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 16, 2012, 04:26:25 PM

im not so sure how much bigger he can get. if he gets over 225 i think he loses speed and gets tight in the hips.

i know one of bradham's problems is weight gain. he has to stay around 240 or so to be effective. the trainers at FSU had to limit his weight lifting because he was a physical freak and gains muscle like crazy.  its fine if he is a middle linebacker and doesnt need to do anything but plug the middle. he gets tight in the hips when he works out too much. he gets too muscular and cant cover well. i remember reading he was having to do yoga to stay flexible

id worry that if spence gets too big he will lose his flexibility

Lombardi_Stacks

Starter
#13 : February 16, 2012, 05:36:42 PM

I'd disagree, Spence could be one of the best OLB in a 3-4 scheme while Bradham one of the best 4-3 OLB's

dean youngblood

Starter

#14 : February 16, 2012, 05:38:51 PM

True...He was 215 as a freshman and seems faster now even adding ten pounds. I don't think getting up to 230-235 will be that big a deal.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nigel Bradham « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools