Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What would Warren Sapp do if he was the GM? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

CJPunk

Rookie

#15 : February 17, 2012, 07:57:55 AM

Dwayne Bowe is the only one I would offer anything too.. Bowe, Williams and Benn would be a nice 3 WR set!! I have a feeling they will try and go offense in FA big splash wise to build around Freeman. Bringing in PROVEN offensive players at skill positions will only help Freeman in the long run. Then I think they go defense in the draft with exception of maybe a RB in the 2nd, Blount is so one dimensional it' s hard to watch sometimes. For the Bucs not to look at a RB in the 2nd round would be insane, I think Sullivan is going to try and establish what he had with the Giants with Jacobs and Bradshaw (minus the fumbles) lol

freddy

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 17, 2012, 07:59:56 AM

I have wanted the Bucs to be active if FA for so long it hurts. I can't believe now I'm worried they might actually do too much. If Dom gave Black such a contract, then imagine what he gives to real stars. In one year this team could go from cap basement to cap jail. I forget who mentioned it, but if he makes plays for players like Williams, I sure hope it is massively front loaded in the 1st 2 years so when players like Freeman, Claiborne McCoy and Bowers are UFA's, there is at least enough money to sign them.

I don't have a problem with acquiring any of the players despite what some trolls try to twist. I have a lack of confidence in the front office, Dom in particular,  in doing it in even a semi financially stable manner. I hope Tampa is very active, but even more so, I hope they make more responsible moves than desperation moves.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 17, 2012, 08:03:35 AM

We have $70M in cap space and you are already worrying about being in cap trouble? Lolz. Slow your role man.

tonto

Starter

#18 : February 17, 2012, 08:03:45 AM

The actual segment on the NFL network had Torry Holt and Warren each taking a team that is well under the cap.  Sapp was assigned  the Bucs.   It looked like it was all for fun and he came up with Bowe,  Robinson, and Williams and then exclaimed, "the Bucs are back".

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 17, 2012, 08:05:40 AM

Make it Mario, Bowe, Nicks, Tolbert, Conner, and Grimes....then I'll be happy. :)

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 17, 2012, 08:06:15 AM

If Butch Davis had been here "Big Cheetah" never would have gotten that contract. His role as talent evaluator puts my mind at ease.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 17, 2012, 08:09:11 AM

Make it Mario, Bowe, Nicks, Tolbert, Conner, and Grimes....then I'll be happy. :)

I really wish there was a pro bowl caliber veteran MLB available.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 17, 2012, 08:10:13 AM

I have a bad feeling the Chiefs aren't going to let Bowe get away - either with a franchise tag or an extension right before free agency opens.

Robinson will hit free agency though , and we should overpay him to make sure we get him. ( we can afford to overpay and he's the speedy explosive guy we lack on offense )
: February 17, 2012, 08:12:21 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 17, 2012, 08:11:07 AM

Some Bucs fans have a Costanza Complex...

[setting: Dana's office]

GEORGE: What if the pilot gets picked up and it becomes a series?

DANA: That'd be wonderful George, you'll be rich and successful.

GEORGE: Yeah, that's exactly what I'm worried about. God would never let me be successful. He'd kill me first. He'd never let me be happy.

DANA: I thought you didn't believe in God?

GEORGE: I do for the bad things.

HolyBuc

Starter
#24 : February 17, 2012, 08:12:23 AM

I'm watching NFL network  sapp just said he has the inside track on Tampa Bay. Strongly  looking to get Dwayne Bowe, Mario Williams and Laurent Robinson.

That would surely put butts in seats....

Thanks for passing the info along.  With the way OBP has handled this coaching search I am positive no one outside of OBP has a clue what the Bucs FA plan is going to be.  There might or should be some agents that hopefully know the direction of the plan.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 17, 2012, 08:21:42 AM

GEORGE: Yeah, that's exactly what I'm worried about. God would never let me be successful. He'd kill me first. He'd never let me be happy.

you mean like  when  Buc fans were worried about hiring an OC that might get a HC offer in the future if he did well here?
: February 17, 2012, 08:24:07 AM Skull and Bones

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 17, 2012, 08:24:57 AM

We have $70M in cap space and you are already worrying about being in cap trouble? Lolz. Slow your role man.

Dominik bombed on contracts in 2009 and 2011. If he starts putting years like that back to back to back, yes there will be serious cap trouble.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#27 : February 17, 2012, 08:26:37 AM

Why are we targeting positions we invested high picks in over the last few years. We need OL, LB and DB help.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

HolyBuc

Starter
#28 : February 17, 2012, 08:29:36 AM

you mean like  when  Buc fans were worried about hiring an OC that might get a HC offer in the future if he did well here?

LMAO!! 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 17, 2012, 08:31:03 AM

Dominik bombed on contracts in 2009 and 2011. If he starts putting years like that back to back to back, yes there will be serious cap trouble.

If we go big this year, we will undoubtedly make the big contracts front loaded to eat up the huge amount of cap space we have this year, while making the yearly cap hit very manageable down the road. I wouldn't be worried. Even if a big signing ends up being a bust in Tampa, the majority of the cap hit will happen this year....not in the future.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What would Warren Sapp do if he was the GM? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools