Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What would Warren Sapp do if he was the GM? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 17, 2012, 08:32:52 AM

Some Bucs fans have a Costanza Complex...

[setting: Dana's office]

GEORGE: What if the pilot gets picked up and it becomes a series?

DANA: That'd be wonderful George, you'll be rich and successful.

GEORGE: Yeah, that's exactly what I'm worried about. God would never let me be successful. He'd kill me first. He'd never let me be happy.

DANA: I thought you didn't believe in God?

GEORGE: I do for the bad things.
you mean like  when  Buc fans were worried about hiring an OC that might get a HC offer in the future if he did well here?

Dude I'm no Dominick fan either...but he's still here, like it or lump it. Let's see if he can walk the walk this offseason...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 17, 2012, 08:36:58 AM

Why are we targeting positions we invested high picks in over the last few years. We need OL, LB and DB help.
we invested a 1st in 2008 and a 3rd in 2010 on CB but you acknowledge it is a need.  so what do high drafts picks  have to do with need?  They don't.  Benn was picked high in the 2nd round (also gave up a 5th) to be our #1 WR.  Unless a miracle happens, he ain't going to be one either.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 17, 2012, 08:37:01 AM

If Butch Davis had been here "Big Cheetah" never would have gotten that contract. His role as talent evaluator puts my mind at ease.
I don't know. His decisions in Cleveland were pretty disastrous.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 17, 2012, 08:39:43 AM

Davis in his UNC days loved great athletes but many weren't really good football players.  Big Cheetah seems just his type.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 17, 2012, 08:49:10 AM

This was all speculation.  They were asked what they would do if they were the team and who they would target.

HolyBuc

Starter
#35 : February 17, 2012, 08:51:36 AM

If Butch Davis had been here "Big Cheetah" never would have gotten that contract. His role as talent evaluator puts my mind at ease.

and he drafted  Kellen Winslow and Jeff Faine.   :P

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 17, 2012, 08:54:43 AM

We have $70M in cap space and you are already worrying about being in cap trouble? Lolz. Slow your role man.

Dominik bombed on contracts in 2009 and 2011. If he starts putting years like that back to back to back, yes there will be serious cap trouble.

If we go big this year, we will undoubtedly make the big contracts front loaded to eat up the huge amount of cap space we have this year, while making the yearly cap hit very manageable down the road. I wouldn't be worried. Even if a big signing ends up being a bust in Tampa, the majority of the cap hit will happen this year....not in the future.

The guaranteed base salaries are going to have to spread out over 2, maybe even 3 years. There will be an overlap. The bad contracts haven't overlapped yet because they were 2 years apart.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 17, 2012, 08:58:14 AM

and he drafted  Kellen Winslow and Jeff Faine.   :P
Don't forget Davis traded his 2nd round pick in order to move up one spot from #7 to #6 in order to get Winslow.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 17, 2012, 09:06:58 AM

kind of freaky two of his 4 1st round picks are here now with him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 17, 2012, 09:10:30 AM

kind of freaky two of his 4 1st round picks are here now with him.
None of Davis' 1st round picks signed a second contract with Cleveland.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 17, 2012, 09:13:21 AM

but they were good enough for us.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 17, 2012, 09:28:48 AM

If this happens then Bennett and either Williams or Benn are gone. Probably traded IMO 

freddy

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 17, 2012, 09:38:47 AM

We have $70M in cap space and you are already worrying about being in cap trouble? Lolz. Slow your role man.

Try a little better at understanding what is actually being said. As the many examples Dom has provided with contracts so far, yes I am worried he will spend irresponsibly. If he misses out on the guy he wants, then he will go give a mid or bottom tier FA stupid money, just like he did to Clayton and Black. And pardon me if I like to look beyond just this year or today. But tomorrows cap problems are usually caused by things happening now. Yes the team absolutely needs to be active in FA, but it also needs to do it responsibly. Geesch. ::)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 17, 2012, 09:40:25 AM

My take is that Sapp is forever a Buccaneers fan no different from any of us, and he is just throwing names out there that he either wants us to get or thinks we might get.
My take is Sapp hears a **CENSORED**-ton of word O' mouth, and that us a good thing for us Bucs fans. He's trying to entertain us. I love Sapp.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#44 : February 17, 2012, 09:42:04 AM

If this happens then Bennett and either Williams or Benn are gone. Probably traded IMO
why would you get rid of Bennett,Williams or Benn, when you can get rid of Sammy, Spurlock or Crowder.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What would Warren Sapp do if he was the GM? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools