Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have you ever wanted to look at the stupidity of our fanbase? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

: February 17, 2012, 06:59:10 PM

I suggest you look at some of the comments usually made by "fans" on the Buccaneers official Facebook page. Just absolutely embarrassing that I have a shared interest with some of these people. I always knew fans in Tampa were bandwagon/fairweather...but some of these people are just absolutely stupid.

Just take a look at the recent update about Bill Sheridan being hired as coach...all these lemmings did was copy and paste a blurb from wikipedia and thats their entire argument. I just don't understand why we have such morons for fans. It truly is a sad state of affairs for the Bucs. Hopefully we can grow from this and gain new fans that won't be as pathetic as some of the ones we have now.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 17, 2012, 07:04:44 PM

+1

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 17, 2012, 07:06:54 PM

Local sports personalities (radio/tv) could do a better job enlightening the fans like in some cities, but they spend most of their time riling them up because it gets ratings.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 17, 2012, 07:08:48 PM

Local sports personalities (radio/tv) could do a better job enlightening the fans like in some cities, but they spend most of their time riling them up because it gets ratings.

AMEN! The local media is **CENSORED**ing pathetic.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 17, 2012, 07:09:25 PM

At the end of the day, these people are grown up adults and they shouldn't have to be spoon fed information about their "favorite" team. They should take the time and effort to know things and not just look at the bold print.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : February 17, 2012, 07:13:53 PM

I suggest you look at some of the comments usually made by "fans" on the Buccaneers official Facebook page. Just absolutely embarrassing that I have a shared interest with some of these people. I always knew fans in Tampa were bandwagon/fairweather...but some of these people are just absolutely stupid.

Just take a look at the recent update about Bill Sheridan being hired as coach...all these lemmings did was copy and paste a blurb from wikipedia and thats their entire argument. I just don't understand why we have such morons for fans. It truly is a sad state of affairs for the Bucs. Hopefully we can grow from this and gain new fans that won't be as pathetic as some of the ones we have now.

So what do you do? You go to a message board for Tampa Bay Buccaneer fans to insult them?

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 17, 2012, 07:15:43 PM

At the end of the day, these people are grown up adults and they shouldn't have to be spoon fed information about their "favorite" team. They should take the time and effort to know things and not just look at the bold print.

Sorry, that's not how it is. Most fans aren't on forums like PR every night. They rely on WDAE on their way home from work for their Bucs information and opinions. Those are casual fans, there are certainly way more casual than hardcore fans, so they're more outspoken.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 17, 2012, 07:18:52 PM

Every franchise has fans who are peripheral and who are hard core.
Tampa is no different.
What's the big deal?

It's only football.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 17, 2012, 07:40:24 PM

No...Tampa has fans that bolt for harbor the second when stormy waters approach. Meanwhile the hardcore fans and at least realistic fans stay out there and face the storm like men. Then when the waters calm, you see all the bandwaggoners and fairweather fans return and pretend like they were out there from the beginning.

If you are a fairweather fan of anything...then you are not a fan. You are merely a follower.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 17, 2012, 07:44:33 PM

Sorry, that's not how it is. Most fans aren't on forums like PR every night. They rely on WDAE on their way home from work for their Bucs information and opinions. Those are casual fans, there are certainly way more casual than hardcore fans, so they're more outspoken.

I live out in Ravens/Redskins territory and the sports talk radio is no different then in Tampa. I can hardly stand to listen to it but I feel like people are more informed of what is happening with their team and what they want rather then Bucs fans.

Look at it this way, the Redskins have had 2 winning seasons in the last 10 years...yet they sell out every Sunday. Why is that? Because the fans are much more loyal to the team no matter what. The fans in Tampa are either old hardened vets who have been around since 1976, guys who followed from the start of a defensive dynasty (me), and the rest who are bandwagon and fairweather and only show up to primetime games and playoffs.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 17, 2012, 07:44:39 PM

Does being fairweather include not supporting the team when they consistently underspend the competition by nearly $40-50 mil/season while the ownership takes home a top-4 net return?

Count me in.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 17, 2012, 07:48:07 PM

Does being fairweather include not supporting the team when they consistently underspend the competition by nearly $40-50 mil/season while the ownership takes home a top-4 net return?

Count me in.
Did it discourage me when we did zero in Free Agency last year? Yes, but I still watched.

The lack of free agency was not the downfall to this organization. The lack of decent draft from 2000 on and the total unprofessional childlike attitude of the coaching is what caused this team to fail very hard last season. The inmates were running the asylum not the doctors. That is about to change really **CENSORED**ing quick.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 17, 2012, 07:58:25 PM

It's easier to be negative and many need/want the attention that it brings

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

freddy

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 17, 2012, 08:09:20 PM

It's easier to be negative and many need/want the attention that it brings

On the spot comment, some try to make an art of it....

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#14 : February 17, 2012, 08:10:36 PM

The fans don't make my mind up about anything and I could care less what they write on a fanpage.  I look at the games, know who is on the Bucs, see for myself if they are playing like crap or playing good, and have my own judgments.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have you ever wanted to look at the stupidity of our fanbase? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools