Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have you ever wanted to look at the stupidity of our fanbase? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 17, 2012, 08:12:35 PM

I suggest you look at some of the comments usually made by "fans" on the Buccaneers official Facebook page. Just absolutely embarrassing that I have a shared interest with some of these people. I always knew fans in Tampa were bandwagon/fairweather...but some of these people are just absolutely stupid.

Just take a look at the recent update about Bill Sheridan being hired as coach...all these lemmings did was copy and paste a blurb from wikipedia and thats their entire argument. I just don't understand why we have such morons for fans. It truly is a sad state of affairs for the Bucs. Hopefully we can grow from this and gain new fans that won't be as pathetic as some of the ones we have now.

From a 76 er..........You really should not pick on old orange that way....lol!

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 17, 2012, 08:49:11 PM

why does anybody care what someone else thinks of the team....the world is full of dumb people but if i had to stop and write a message board post for every group of uneducated, ignorant cross section of society I would never get anything done.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 17, 2012, 08:54:26 PM

why does anybody care what someone else thinks of the team....the world is full of dumb people but if i had to stop and write a message board post for every group of uneducated, ignorant cross section of society I would never get anything done.
Fans are like football emissaries to the world. Tampa Bay fans are some of the worst in the NFL. They are usually ignorant, backwards, and just all around terrible fans. They make the rest of us look bad and project us as bandwagon/fairweather fans.

Look at Eagles fans...they will always live with the fact they are loudmouth, rude, hostile, and people that boo Santa. Is that all of them? No...but it only takes a few d-bags to ruin an image for everyone.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : February 17, 2012, 08:58:17 PM

It's easy to pick out the stupid fans and the intelligent ones.   The stupid ones were supporting Raheem Morris.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 17, 2012, 09:11:32 PM

It's easy to pick out the stupid fans and the intelligent ones.   The stupid ones were supporting Raheem Morris.
Sounds like OP expects you to support the team no matter what product they throw out there. Seems to me he should look in the mirror when criticizing our lame fanbase.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 17, 2012, 09:14:13 PM

Sounds like OP expects you to support the team no matter what product they throw out there. Seems to me he should look in the mirror when criticizing our lame fanbase.

Dat fo sho.

RobbieRob

Rookie
#21 : February 17, 2012, 09:31:27 PM

Our fan base isn't stupid. It's confused. And for good reason.

The first 20 years were abysmal. Like C3PO and R2 combing the Tatooine desert. 

Then we ascend like a Pheonix, from the ashes, with new ownership, into the promised land.

Within two years that same Empire falls like a tye-fighter in a Death Star showdown.

And we're left again, with a team in a snowdrift, in Sunny Tampa Bay.

Surrounded by a bunch of tan-tans from Rutgers. 

A tale of two cities. Of two faces.

Vader and Skywalker.

And decades full of WTFs.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 17, 2012, 09:43:38 PM

No...I don't.

I expect fans to realize that they are doing their best to fix a problem.

I expect fans to formulate opinions based off facts and not stupid hunches.

I expect fans to not act like morons who think they are smarter then everyone.

I expect fans to quit whining about every little thing this organization does..or doesnt do.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 17, 2012, 09:47:16 PM

Again.....Doing best to fix doesn't mean undercutting salaries and hiring unqualified coaches.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 17, 2012, 09:56:00 PM

Local sports personalities (radio/tv) could do a better job enlightening the fans like in some cities, but they spend most of their time riling them up because it gets ratings.

Most of the local sports personalities should be on the list of those who need to be enlightened and not do the enlightening.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 17, 2012, 09:56:30 PM

Again.....Doing best to fix doesn't mean undercutting salaries and hiring unqualified coaches.
Unqualified?

Okay...now you are putting your opinion into it. You wouldn't have the first idea of what is considered qualified or what isnt.

Schiano isn't a stupid guy. If he feels that the guy could help our team, then hes going to hire him.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 17, 2012, 10:16:30 PM

I suggest you look at some of the comments usually made by "fans" on the Buccaneers official Facebook page. Just absolutely embarrassing that I have a shared interest with some of these people. I always knew fans in Tampa were bandwagon/fairweather...but some of these people are just absolutely stupid.

Just take a look at the recent update about Bill Sheridan being hired as coach...all these lemmings did was copy and paste a blurb from wikipedia and thats their entire argument. I just don't understand why we have such morons for fans. It truly is a sad state of affairs for the Bucs. Hopefully we can grow from this and gain new fans that won't be as pathetic as some of the ones we have now.

First off, most of those fans get their Bucs commentary from guys like Sileo, Duemig, and Ian Beckles. And they are simply repeating what those guys are saying on the air.

Second, Im not thrilled about Sheridan either. But they waited too long to hire a coach. So he's the best that's available. I blame the Glazers for that. I assure you that Sheridan is NOT the Bucs 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd choice.

Third, understand their frustration. This franchise has been run on the cheap for several years. A lot of fans are very angry at the Glazers for that, plus the stadium deal and blacking out the games. They did try to jack up ticket prices by 30% in 2007. Many season ticket holders bolted after that because their 10-year contracts were up, and then the recession hit. So it was perfect storm and the 100,000+ waiting list evaporated. That whole thing was a massive business blunder on the part of the Glazers. And they still have yet to repair the PR damage for that.

The problem isnt just about the W-L record. It's about the ownership. And when you compare the Bucs marketing and fan relations to the Rays and Bolts organizations....the Bucs are easily in last place.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 17, 2012, 10:23:56 PM

Dat fo sho.

so says exhibit a and b

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

fanofkit

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 17, 2012, 10:50:16 PM

I wish people like you would get off of your "hollier than thou" soap box.  I get it, you are a super fan.  Wow.  There is no need for you to create a  thread to beat your chest and say " I am such a great fan- why can't others compare?  Lay off of the fans for crying out loud.  The fan base here has been a far better group than this franchise deserved for most of its existance.  The Culverhouse regime used this area- spending as little as possible to maximize profit without concerning themselves with winning.  A generation of Buccaneer fans in this area were deprived of quality football.  The kids growing up during that era had no reason to become fans.  The team didn't just lose, they din't try.

A rabid fan base isn't just born when a ciy gets a team.  It is cultivated and grown over generations as fathers and sons share and pass on a passion for a team and their traditions.  The Buccaneers salted the earth in the Culverhouse years.  The cities you try to compare us to- New York, Washington, Chicago- have long and storried histories.  Alliegences and loyalties built over decades and generations.  The Tampa Bay area was deprived of this.  The fan base cemented around the franchise extremely well, when a demonsrated effort to win was displayed.  As prices to games spiked and payroll declined, people have every right to question the drection of the team.  Especially after the nightmare we endured from the Culverhouse era.

You can love someone or something and still question or be angry at it.  Doubt, debate and thought are part of a rlationship, just as much as love passion and adoration.  Get off of you high horse.  Creating this thread just demonstrates your pathetic need to one up other and paint yoursef as a "true fan"...  Congratulations- you "baaaa" louder than the other shepp!  SCORE!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM

Yaaaaay!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have you ever wanted to look at the stupidity of our fanbase? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools