Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs continue to hold the sloppiest practices in the league? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 18, 2012, 06:17:21 PM

From everything I've heard it seems as though the Bucs held the most unorganized practices in the league. The practices were undisciplined with no accountability or structure. That is a far cry from the John Gruden era. If we see a more detailed, structured and organized practice that will not settle for mediocrity I think it will translate to the field on game day. We should have a better idea of what we have going into the preseason.

Yeah Boy, Gruden really built a dynasty here from that...give me a break!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 18, 2012, 06:43:22 PM

How the hell does this new staff "scream discipline"? What exactly have these small time college coaches and reject others proven?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 18, 2012, 06:49:41 PM

Last I checked Butch Davis got run outta NC due to NO discipline, Sheridan, yeah OK (sarcasm), Sullivan what has he proven, Jimmy Rate lol, then Schiano and the scrubs.....

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 18, 2012, 07:42:48 PM

Last I checked Butch Davis got run outta NC due to NO discipline, Sheridan, yeah OK (sarcasm), Sullivan what has he proven, Jimmy Rate lol, then Schiano and the scrubs.....

Are you even going to bother watching this year?

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#19 : February 18, 2012, 08:34:59 PM

I remember last year, after the loss to New Orleans, Josh Freeman was on the radio talking about how crisp and proficient practice was leading up to the Houston game.  He said it might've been their best week of practice of the season up to that point.

Then, during the blowout loss to the Texans, Rich Gannon was in the booth chastising the Buccaneers.  He said that he attended practice earlier that week -- Freeman's idea of a 'great' practice -- and said it was sloppy and uncoordinated, and the loss to Houston was no surprise.

Hm.

And this was/is the root of the problem. I think the players and coaches last year believed they were practicing, behaving, and working like Real professionals but clearly they were not. I believe a lot of players are going to have very rude wake up calls during the first OTA. I can't WAIT! The real buccaneers will show up and the rest will be gone.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 18, 2012, 08:41:02 PM

John Gruden would be proud.
Gruden didn't have to practice under the constraints in the new CBA.

Apple and oranges.

Maybe Jon Gruden didn't have to but John Gruden did!

US, every one of my posts in this thread has been sarcastic.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 18, 2012, 08:45:40 PM

Maybe Jon Gruden didn't have to but John Gruden did!

What about Jawn Groodin?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 19, 2012, 01:24:48 AM

Not only will they be the sloppiest in the league, they will the sloppiest in the history of the NFL.

Different coaches now. I don't see Schiano running easy practices.

Practices? Who said anything about practicing? I heard that Schiano doesn't believe in practicing like Allen Iverson.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 19, 2012, 01:29:20 AM

From everything I've heard it seems as though the Bucs held the most unorganized practices in the league. The practices were undisciplined with no accountability or structure. That is a far cry from the John Gruden era. If we see a more detailed, structured and organized practice that will not settle for mediocrity I think it will translate to the field on game day. We should have a better idea of what we have going into the preseason.

Yeah Boy, Gruden really built a dynasty here from that...give me a break!

The "elusive white tiger" didn't think Gruden's practices were so bad........but then again, he never came outside to participate in any.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#24 : February 19, 2012, 01:31:29 AM

I think the practices could end up being some of the more efficient and best practices in the league.  Belichick commented on how great Schiano's practices were and that is the biggest reason why his players came in NFL ready.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs continue to hold the sloppiest practices in the league? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools