Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Is Mike Wallace worth the fifth overall draft pick" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 20, 2012, 10:15:48 PM

lol mike wallace for the #5 pick? hell no

People overvalue draft picks.

Sincerely,

Dan Snyder

FTFY

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 20, 2012, 10:21:34 PM

Sincerely,

Dan Snyder

FTFY

He has a point IMO.   You can have the sure thing in Mike Wallace or take a gamble on say...Blackmon.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 20, 2012, 10:27:34 PM

Sincerely,

Dan Snyder

FTFY

He has a point IMO.   You can have the sure thing in Mike Wallace or take a gamble on say...Blackmon.

There is no sure thing in any sport. Mike Clayton taught us that.

No guarantee that he comes here and does anything close to what he did in Pittsburgh.

All it does is make you feel safer about the possibility of him not sucking.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 20, 2012, 10:31:21 PM

Sincerely,

Dan Snyder

FTFY

There is no sure thing in any sport. Mike Clayton taught us that.

No guarantee that he comes here and does anything close to what he did in Pittsburgh.

All it does is make you feel safer about the possibility of him not sucking.

True, but Freeman and Big Ben are similar.....just sayin.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 20, 2012, 11:53:01 PM

If we are deadset on WR with 5, I say why not, but we have a lot of positions to fill on this team. Trading #5 for Wallace and getting back a 4th might not be too bad. Trading back and getting Wallace is best case scenario and also never ever ever going to happen.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 21, 2012, 12:42:41 AM

I think he's certainly worth it if they can trade down and pick up some other assets as well. If that's not a possibility, I'd rather not trade the fifth pick for him, even though his skill set is pretty much exactly what the team needs.

You can only give up your original pick!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 21, 2012, 03:07:05 AM

I actually think he is from a talent perspective but realistically you are not going to give him a 3rd contract. so 5-6 years is probably all you get out of the pick so no.  Drafting someone that can give you 10 years is better.
: February 21, 2012, 03:09:19 AM Skull and Bones

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 21, 2012, 08:56:30 AM

I actually think he is from a talent perspective but realistically you are not going to give him a 3rd contract. so 5-6 years is probably all you get out of the pick so no.  Drafting someone that can give you 10 years is better.

But Wallace is a sure thing and will give you a minimum of 5-6 years.  There's no gaurantee that the player drafted will even give you 3... or the production.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 21, 2012, 10:27:07 AM

But Wallace is a sure thing and will give you a minimum of 5-6 years.  There's no gaurantee that the player drafted will even give you 3... or the production.

Agree.  I am starting to warm up to the idea.  That is, if they picked up a couple CB's in free agency beforehand.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 21, 2012, 10:35:33 AM

Agree.  I am starting to warm up to the idea.  That is, if they picked up a couple CB's in free agency beforehand.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea that no matter who the Bucs take at #5, I'm ok with.  The only thing I won't be all that happy with is if the Bucs had a chance to get Bowe or Wallace for #5, and chose to draft Blackmon instead.  That, or if they drafted Richardson.  Basically, I'm assuming the only realistic options are Blackmon, Kalil or Claiborne.  I also wouldn't be upset with Tannehill there either, though, I'm resigned to the fact that we are stuck with Freeman for at least 1 more season.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 21, 2012, 09:22:41 PM

I'm starting to warm up to the idea that no matter who the Bucs take at #5, I'm ok with.  The only thing I won't be all that happy with is if the Bucs had a chance to get Bowe or Wallace for #5, and chose to draft Blackmon instead.  That, or if they drafted Richardson.  Basically, I'm assuming the only realistic options are Blackmon, Kalil or Claiborne.  I also wouldn't be upset with Tannehill there either, though, I'm resigned to the fact that we are stuck with Freeman for at least 1 more season.

Agree 99%.   Except for the Tannehill part.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 21, 2012, 09:25:19 PM

If Blackmon is worth the 5, your DAMN straight Wallace is worth it. Rocket surgery!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 21, 2012, 11:35:43 PM

Say we actually are active in FA and pick up either Grimes, Finnegan or Carr and someone like Nicks or Grubbs or even Gaither on the outside. Throw in a possible S like Goldson or Branch and possibly (not that it really matters) Hillis. I'm not saying all of those guys but one from each group. THEN is Mike Wallace worth #5? (barring no offers to trade back)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 21, 2012, 11:53:33 PM

Say we actually are active in FA and pick up either Grimes, Finnegan or Carr and someone like Nicks or Grubbs or even Gaither on the outside. Throw in a possible S like Goldson or Branch and possibly (not that it really matters) Hillis. I'm not saying all of those guys but one from each group. THEN is Mike Wallace worth #5? (barring no offers to trade back)

I initially said no way, but TBH, I am coming around to the idea.  The dude is a fast #1 WR, just what the team needs.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 22, 2012, 02:11:47 AM

Except for the Tannehill part.

Yeah, I'm perfectly comfortable being on this island.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Is Mike Wallace worth the fifth overall draft pick" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools