Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper has only 1 CB in his top 25, and he goes early. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 12, 2013, 11:18:53 PM

How does Kiper still have a job, he's useless and can be quite obnoxious when teams go against what he deems to be the correct pick.
Remember when he was ripping teams for not drafting wideout JJ Stokes and that Ryan Leafs attitude would be a good thing in the pros.
Matt Hasselbeck was a "waste of of a draft pick" but the pick of Akili Smith just gave the Bengals QB they lacked since Boomer "Freeman Hater" Esiason.
I wonder if we will still be seeing him at #1 player in the draft, Mike Williams (USC), Hall of Fame acceptance speech,
The entire reason Matt Millen sucked was he used Mels big board.
Oh and JaMarcus Russell is John Elway like, I guess he got that one right, neither is playing in the NFL now.

How can a man who's only job is to study the draft and has a staff to help him be no better than the average "hardcore fan"

Ask this...how does any GM in the NFL still have a job?  Most of them have blown as many picks as Kiper has done. Someone actually took Leaf and Stokes and Smith, guys who are paid to know better.

The is nothing more amazing than the fact that most NFL teams hire 7 new people a year and can screw up on average 5 of the 7 guys they select.
And those guys get fired yet year after year this clown is still there talking down to teams if they don't follow his latest of 1000 pre draft big boards.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 12, 2013, 11:29:05 PM

Kiper's opinions are overrated.

And I heard he has Te'o at like 6. I'm one of those who doesn't think he'll be very good as a pro. I respect Kiper because this is his job, but as we know, the draft is such an inexact science.

Kiper ain't bad, no one hits 100%.

Definitely agree, he's one of the better ones. I just personally disagree with him big time regarding Te'o. The draft is impossible to predict and the careers of the players drafted is even harder to predict. 198 times Brady was passed on.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 12, 2013, 11:44:23 PM

And those guys get fired yet year after year this clown is still there talking down to teams if they don't follow his latest of 1000 pre draft big boards.

Problem is really no one is better than Kiper. I've seen people look at 10 years of Kiper vs 10 years of real GMs and there's no difference. Not saying skipper is good but just that the whole evaluation process in the NFL is so lousy that it is functionally tossing darts at names once you look at the hit and miss ratios and realize that no one really hits more than anyone else.  The key to survival is to hit one something big enough you survive to get enough drafts to make some other good picks.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 12, 2013, 11:57:44 PM

Kiper  =     entertainment

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper has only 1 CB in his top 25, and he goes early. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools