Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Justin Blackmon runs a 4.65 at the combine « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#60 : March 09, 2012, 05:28:37 PM

If Claiborne is gone and Blackmon is still on the board. I'm all for it. Blackmon would give us a legit #1 WR and take the pressure off Mike Williams and company.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#61 : March 09, 2012, 06:15:52 PM

If Claiborne is gone and Blackmon is still on the board. I'm all for it. Blackmon would give us a legit #1 WR and take the pressure off Mike Williams and company.

+1

Jutt

Starter
#62 : March 09, 2012, 07:14:25 PM

I love how everyone is certain that Blackmon will be a "#1 Receiver"

Not saying he wont be, hes a very polished receiver with great hands....but the college game is very different than the NFL, it takes most WRs 2-3 years to adjust. I can see half of you calling him a bust by the end of year 2 if he doesnt grasp everything.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 09, 2012, 07:19:32 PM

His game speed is much slower than that. Give me TR, Claiborne and even Floyd over this guy any day.

Blackmon is a stud.  This is not a hard choice at #5 if he is there for Schiano and Dominik.

Except we are already going to have Vincent Jackson. ;D

no problem. Draft Blackmon and pair with Jackson and Benn. Then trade Williams.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#64 : March 09, 2012, 07:20:46 PM

Not saying he wont be, hes a very polished receiver with great hands....but the college game is very different than the NFL, it takes most WRs 2-3 years to adjust. I can see half of you calling him a bust by the end of year 2 if he doesnt grasp everything.
I don't know if Blackmon will be a T.O. (a nice #1 WR) or an Anquan Boldin (a very nice #2 WR).
He has the speed and the hands. It seems like every college WR has to improve their route running, but perhaps the key is if he can handle the press coverage that NFL DBs can bring.

Jutt

Starter
#65 : March 09, 2012, 07:36:48 PM

I don't know if Blackmon will be a T.O. (a nice #1 WR) or an Anquan Boldin (a very nice #2 WR).
He has the speed and the hands. It seems like every college WR has to improve their route running, but perhaps the key is if he can handle the press coverage that NFL DBs can bring.

I dont think its so much the press coverage. But the understanding of zone coverage. The defenses in the NFL are much more intricate. Thats why rookie WRs tend to struggle before breaking out around years 3 or 4.  Im not against taking the guy..but ONLY if Mo is off the board. id prefer Blackmon to Richardson

bashear

Hall of Famer

#66 : March 09, 2012, 07:45:13 PM

I dont think its so much the press coverage. But the understanding of zone coverage. The defenses in the NFL are much more intricate. Thats why rookie WRs tend to struggle before breaking out around years 3 or 4.  Im not against taking the guy..but ONLY if Mo is off the board. id prefer Blackmon to Richardson
You bring up a good point, adjusting to reading more defenses and disguises is another hurdle WRs face coming into the NFL>

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#67 : March 09, 2012, 07:52:15 PM

Warming up to Blackmon but this team needs veteran WR presence NOT another young inexperienced rookie(albeit talented at that)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#68 : March 09, 2012, 07:54:21 PM

Until LB and CB are fixed the rest is just in preparation for those positions being addressed.  Having those positions upgraded, hell yea the kid is a player.  And will be a stud WR.  He plays at the same speed he ran the 40 in - and that is NOT the norm except for very good wrs. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#69 : March 09, 2012, 08:12:19 PM

Blackmon doesn't telegraph his routes, which is why when he runs it is like a mirror image.  His biggest strength is selling routes and setting up defenders to bite.  Imagine if the Bucs keep calling multiple slants in the game to Blackmon, and then they call a Sluggo seem route which catches the defense by surprise over the top.  This is what Blackmon can do as he can work the underneath routes due to his physical nature, and then run a go route or slant and go to make teams pay downfield.  Blackmon isn't just a deep threat, he is a threat anywhere on the field which is why he is considered by many a #1 type of WR.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#70 : March 09, 2012, 08:48:20 PM

Until LB and CB are fixed the rest is just in preparation for those positions being addressed.  Having those positions upgraded, hell yea the kid is a player.  And will be a stud WR.  He plays at the same speed he ran the 40 in - and that is NOT the norm except for very good wrs.
x2 which is why I think the quickest way to improve the team is to sign Defense in FA and draft Offense

Jutt

Starter
#71 : March 09, 2012, 08:51:43 PM

I doubt we bring in 2 CBs via FA....we'll still need at least one FA LB before we can even think about drafting Blackmon.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#72 : March 09, 2012, 08:56:24 PM

I doubt we bring in 2 CBs via FA....we'll still need at least one FA LB before we can even think about drafting Blackmon.
Talib/Finnegan/Barber/

with Biggers/Lewis/Gaitor fighting for the other two spots. I think thats ok.

Sign a MLB and move Foster to the outside. We've now upgraded 4 spots on the defense.

Bucsfan714

Rookie

#73 : March 09, 2012, 09:30:20 PM

Warming up to Blackmon but this team needs veteran WR presence NOT another young inexperienced rookie(albeit talented at that)

Truth!!

Jutt

Starter
#74 : March 09, 2012, 09:39:06 PM

Talib/Finnegan/Barber/

with Biggers/Lewis/Gaitor fighting for the other two spots. I think thats ok.

Sign a MLB and move Foster to the outside. We've now upgraded 4 spots on the defense.

Wouldnt be too mad at this scenario. Id rather grab Claiborne because of the ???s surrounding Talib...even if he gets off(pause) he has a hard time staying healthy.that bugs me a little. If he can stay healthy and we can grab Finnegan..we'd have one of the best CB duos in the league.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Justin Blackmon runs a 4.65 at the combine « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools