Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Sheridan Introductory Press Conference - 11AM EST « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#30 : February 21, 2012, 01:58:23 PM

Does anyone honestly put much stock into a freaking presser?  Yeah...Morris's was awful but how many coaches have said nearly the same darn thing.  Aggressive...physical...I mean has anyone come and out and said we want to be weak and give up a lot of points and yards???  If a presser makes you feel better well.....that f-in hilarious.
I didn't think Sullivan's was very impressive actually.

Schiano and Sheridan's were really good. When a guy can stand up in front of a group, speak clearly and intelligently, getting his message across, it reassures me. Thats part of what coaches need to do.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 21, 2012, 01:58:41 PM

Well I do feel like Schiano(HC), Sullivan(OC), and Sheridan(DC) would easily outcoach Raheem(HC), Olson(OC) and Raheem(DC) 10 out of 10 times in a head to head match up.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 21, 2012, 02:49:49 PM

Definitely a good interview, like his philosophy on linebackers. I think Mason will do well in his scheme.

buddah

Starter
#33 : February 21, 2012, 03:02:25 PM

Here's what we know:  We have a better staff that what we had under Morris.  The staff is considerably more articulate and appears to be more disciplined, aggressive, and hard-nosed.  Can they coach?  Certainly, their communication skills seem well above what we've had around here the last few years.  Hard not to be enthused about the promise of the staff.  Sheridan showed guts preempting the question about his lack of success in New York.  Questions remain.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#34 : February 21, 2012, 03:07:07 PM

I have no doubt in my mind we now have a vastly superior coaching staff now than last season. How well all these minds work together remains to be seen - but I know Schiano is very well known for organization and communication so I think he will develop a very effective structure.

The big key now is talent. The best coaching minds in the world will not be successful in the NFL without talent.

So now the work begins - this team needs a major influx of talent.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 21, 2012, 03:34:59 PM

sounds like we need a big fatty at NT.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 21, 2012, 03:38:23 PM

I think we should go sign Bunkley. He sucks as a pass rusher but he is a damn good run stuffer. Broncos won't be needing him. Pat Sims would be a hell of a pick-up too.

Supreme

Starter

#37 : February 21, 2012, 03:39:29 PM

Maybe Penn can play NT?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 21, 2012, 03:52:56 PM

Does anyone honestly put much stock into a freaking presser?  Yeah...Morris's was awful but how many coaches have said nearly the same darn thing.  Aggressive...physical...I mean has anyone come and out and said we want to be weak and give up a lot of points and yards???  If a presser makes you feel better well.....that f-in hilarious.

Your posts are very predictable. Might as well just post the same things every time because all your posts have the same message. Might as well just type "complain" and everybody would know what your trying to say. Just a quick thought for you in your future posting here. Thanks for your time.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 21, 2012, 03:59:27 PM

I, regardless of how some mental midget feels, was very impressed from the presser. I am glad he went into detail about how the Giants defense looked in his year at DC. No defense is going to do well if you have a lot of your starters go down and you have to replace them with guys off the couch. It really made me realize that this coaching staff is looking for teachers because they are dealing with so many young guys and that they need to fix all the crappy coaching they have received in the first 3 years.

I am also excited at the fact that Sheridan had told me he was going to play Mason Foster potentially anywhere depending on how free agency goes. It looks to be a very exciting future for the defense.

flaitguy

Starter
#40 : February 21, 2012, 04:36:24 PM

Well its really true that teams take on the personality of their coach. Schiano , davis, sullivanm, sheridan all seem to be cut from the same cloth. I think its been a real positive.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 21, 2012, 04:39:12 PM

We already have that in Price....But I assume you mean someone who is actually strong also.  ;)

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 21, 2012, 04:42:57 PM

Frank Okham?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#43 : February 21, 2012, 05:03:44 PM

he really likes Mason Foster.

so did the last DC

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#44 : February 21, 2012, 05:06:44 PM

Just a few minutes in and he already has me sold.

"More importantly, be DEMANDING of them (to do their job)."

YES!

Did you say the same about Morris?  Did you eat it up when he used the word youngry?

Yes he did. As he did when  Morris said, "we're going to score TDs".
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Sheridan Introductory Press Conference - 11AM EST « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools