Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ***FREE INSIDER*** COOK'S PEWTER CONFIDENTIAL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: February 21, 2012, 03:13:58 PM

***This week we offer a free insider article for everyone to preview*** To get this type of content all year long it is only $10 for one year. Call1-800-881-2827 to subscribe today to become a PewterReport Insider

What does veteran OT Jeremy Trueblood think about the new coaching staff in Tampa? What did the Bucs find out about Josh Freeman during their coaching search? Find out editor Mark Cook's thoughts on these topics and more in this Pewter Confidential insider.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=7789:&Itemid=15

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 21, 2012, 03:25:09 PM

Trueblood sure seems confident he's still going to be on the team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 21, 2012, 03:29:09 PM

Trueblood sure seems confident he's still going to be on the team.

He was solid last year and he got his stupidity out of the way. I wouldn't mind him sticking around a bit longer. Our OL is already bad enough and it lacks depth.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 21, 2012, 03:31:14 PM

He was solid last year

He allowed more QB pressures than any other player in the league at any position.  He's horrible.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 21, 2012, 03:33:48 PM

He was solid last year

He allowed more QB pressures than any other player in the league at any position.  He's horrible.

Care to point me in the direction of that data?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 21, 2012, 03:34:12 PM

James Lee was even worse in games. The tackle position is definitely D+

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 21, 2012, 03:39:20 PM

Who said he allowed the most QB pressures? A website that watches games on TV? What determines a QB pressure? What were the line calls? The protection calls? How many pass attempts did Freeman have last year?How many games were the Bucs behind in where there was no threat of a running game? Is Freeman a Drew Brees who gets rid of the ball in three seconds? How many times did Freeman roll INTO pressure as opposed to stepping up like Brady and Manning. Trueblood made mistakes but is far from the worst RT in the league. Bradentonian you and I are normally on the same page, but not on this one obviously lol!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 21, 2012, 03:40:15 PM

Hopefully one day we get to the point where the only solution to a position isn't between a terrible incumbent player and an undrafted free agent project.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 21, 2012, 03:44:20 PM

Who said he allowed the most QB pressures? A website that watches games on TV? What determines a QB pressure? What were the line calls? The protection calls? How many pass attempts did Freeman have last year?How many games were the Bucs behind in where there was no threat of a running game? Is Freeman a Drew Brees who gets rid of the ball in three seconds? How many times did Freeman roll INTO pressure as opposed to stepping up like Brady and Manning. Trueblood made mistakes but is far from the worst RT in the league. Bradentonian you and I are normally on the same page, but not on this one obviously lol!

I like this guy!  :D

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 21, 2012, 03:48:35 PM

MC, respectfully, this same site through only watching TV feeds and not knowing play calls can still tell us that David Stewart, Bryan Bulaga, Tyson Clabo, and Tyron Smith were the best RT's in the NFL and Barry Richardson, Jeromey Clary, Lance Louis, and Wayne Hunter are the worst RT's in the NFL, they got all those players right, but then they only got Jeremy Trueblood wrong?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 21, 2012, 03:57:49 PM

Will get to those once we get that tricksy snap count thing mastered, and then holding, then we can go to successfully completing one's assignment.  Just like sticking with the low hanging fruit at the onset ...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 21, 2012, 04:00:19 PM

FRG, I know I'm not winning any arguments with the anti-TB crowd so I question why I even responded! lol..We talk to scouts and coaches. Not one has ever said Trueblood is the worst RT in the league. A few have actually said he may be a little underrated. And I don't mean Bucs coaches. I will make it a point to watch all 16 games again this season and take a closer look. Maybe I am completely off base. Does Trueblood have weaknesses? Absolutely. I'm just saying be careful believing the what I call TMZ style websites.Trueblood isn't going to Hawaii unless Davin picks up the ticket price, but I remember the days of Walker, Wunsch, Charles McRae etc.No disrespect to anyone. This is why this forum is cool, we all get to share our opinions. Thanks man.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 21, 2012, 04:07:05 PM

I remember Walker, Wunsch, and McCae was well - doesn't make me feel a damned bit better about Trueblood's efforts to follow i their footsteps...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 21, 2012, 05:47:51 PM

Hopefully one day we get to the point where the only solution to a position isn't between a terrible incumbent player and an undrafted free agent project.

People can say what they want about Trueblood. But James Lee has absolutely no business being on the roster next year. None.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

nitey

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 21, 2012, 08:19:15 PM

Lee is an UFA and is not currently on the Roster. I don't think he's one of the players that the Bucs are targeting in FA.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ***FREE INSIDER*** COOK'S PEWTER CONFIDENTIAL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools