Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ***FREE INSIDER*** COOK'S PEWTER CONFIDENTIAL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #15 : February 21, 2012, 08:49:36 PM »

No chance Lee is back in my opinion

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #16 : February 21, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »

No chance Lee is back in my opinion

But wait, that's Trueblood's replacement?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #17 : February 21, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »

Who said he allowed the most QB pressures? A website that watches games on TV? What determines a QB pressure? What were the line calls? The protection calls? How many pass attempts did Freeman have last year?How many games were the Bucs behind in where there was no threat of a running game? Is Freeman a Drew Brees who gets rid of the ball in three seconds? How many times did Freeman roll INTO pressure as opposed to stepping up like Brady and Manning. Trueblood made mistakes but is far from the worst RT in the league.

Agreed.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #18 : February 21, 2012, 11:11:56 PM »

Dear Mr. Cook,

Please accept the following critique as "constructive criticism."  It speaks volumes about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the general state of affairs, when a website as popular as PR is willing to allow such a poorly written article to be published...

While I have to concede that this article is both written for, and published by, a website that would be considered a 2nd tier free agent (to put it in football terms), I do have to say this:  This article was more painful to read than the majority of posts many "nonprofessionals" will toss up here without hesitation.  I'm not saying this with the intent to insult or condemn Mr. Cook.  I feel I have to point out the many shortcomings for one simple reason...

The quality of the articles written, in any given medium, are only as good as those writing them.  (Brush up on what an appositive is Mark.)  The fact of the matter is this...  If, and it's a big if, this team were a perennial playoff contender - a sister-site such as PR would have a ton more readers, and in turn, a ton more advertisers too.  The result...  Editors-In-Chief that don't require editors of their own!

Sweet Jesus, Mary, and Joseph...!  To say this article is "sprinkled with a few errors" would prompt us being cited by the PSA.

I've pointed out only a few below...

Mark Cook offers up his insight and the latest inside scoop on the Tampa
 Bay Buccaneers from his sources at One Buccaneer Place and around the
league in the Pewter Confidential, which appears on PewterReport.com
weekly.

Trueblood Speaks Out
Offensive tackle Jeremy Trueblood took a few minutes this week to speak to PewterReport.com on the record about the whirlwind that has taken place since the firing of Raheem Morris back on January 2.

Last year was tough for everyone,” Trueblood said. “We know we are better than we played. I really believe there is a lot of talent on this team. But the losses started piling up and then everything just started a snowball effect. I won’t make any excuses. We all could have played better but I have no doubt we were better than 4-12.”

The six-year NFL veteran talked about the hiring of new Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano, and also the addition of offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan. Trueblood is impressed with the former Rutgers coach after seeing the rise of the Scarlet Knights’ program and also the resume that Sullivan brings to Tampa.

“When I got to B.C. (Boston College) they (Rutgers) were a joke,” Trueblood said. “I don’t mean any disrespect to anyone who played or coached there, but at the time Rutgers was really the bottom dwellers in the Big East. "

“After the four years I was there they were giving us fits. People that are from the area can understand what I am saying, but if you didn’t follow football in the Northeast I think it is hard for people to realize how much he did and how far he was able to grow that program. "

“We (as an offensive line) are all really excited about Coach Schiano and Sullivan and the style of offense we might have. I think a power to the strengths of this team. (I suppose there's a sentence-like thought in there, but I can't find it)  We are all pumped up to get started again and show people we are better than we were (in 2011).”

Another new name that will impact Trueblood directly is that of new line coach Bob Bostad, although the Buccaneers have not officially named him as a member of the staff yet.

“I didn’t know too much about him, so when someone texted me and told me he might be coming, I looked him up,” Trueblood said. “And I was like, 'Wow, his credentials are impressive.' Wisconsin has always had a physical running game, and again, that style really fits our strengths as an offensive line and as an offense overall.”

The success of Mike Sullivan in New York also has Trueblood excited.

“Eli Manning is a heck of a talent on his own,” Trueblood said. “But you can’t say Sullivan wasn’t a part of that. You don’t put up the numbers Eli did over the last two seasons all on your own. New York ran the ball and took their shots down the field and it worked. That is something we were able to do in 2010 when we were 10-6. Hopefully we can get back to that and if we do we will look more like that 2010 team than the one we put out there last season.”

Trueblood was also very candid about his former boss, Raheem Morris.

To be painfully continued...

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #19 : February 21, 2012, 11:12:06 PM »

“Do I think Raheem Morris is a good coach? Yes.” Trueblood said. “(inadvertent space omitted)Do I think Raheem Morris could have done anything different? Not really. I liked (past tense is past tense) Coach Morris, and really everyone did. But just a combination of factors happened that no one could really pinpoint why(I suppose there was an ending to this sentence...?  Or not.). But when you lose 10 games, regardless of why, then you kind of knew things were going to change.”

After getting away for the month of January, Trueblood and his offensive line teammates are just beginning to start thinking about football again.

“Davin (Joseph) and I began our offseason workouts last week and are really looking forward to starting to get back into the swing of football things. Right after the season none of us wanted to even think about football, watch it or anything. Last season really bothered us a lot."  (Concern yourself more with the punctuation I chose to not note.)

“But yeah, there is kind of a new excitement level with the new coaches but more importantly a chance to improve over last season.”

What Bostad Brings To The Bucs:
Though running very late in the assistant coaching game, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers may have found a diamond-in-the-rough with the reported addition of Bob Bostad as the Bucs offensive line coach.

While obviously the jury is out on how any college assistant will transition to the NFL, Bostad’s credentials throughout his college coaching career are eye-opening, and his success, if it can be even semi-duplicated, may be able may enable the Bucs (credentials aren't "able to" do anything.  They're credentials.) to establish the physical style of offense head coach Greg Schiano and Mike Sullivan both mentioned they want to bring to Tampa Bay.

Under Bostad's guidance the Badgers offensive line has been one of the better groups in the country. The Badgers have rushed for over 3,000 yards the past two seasons. And in 2011, Wisconsin was 10th in the nation, averaging 237.4 yards per game on the ground and 5.48 yards per carry.  (In middle school you're taught not to begin a sentence with "And"...  Or should I say 'Some of us were...?')

Montee Ball, a Heisman Trophy finalist, scored 38 touchdowns on the season, just one shy of the NCAA record. Last year the Badgers nearly made history as they fell just four yards short of having three rushers run for at least 1,000 yards in the same season, something that has never been accomplished in FBS history.

The Wisconsin offense has also averaged 41.5 points a year ago and 44.6 points this season which both were top 5 in the nation over that span and Badgers tied a Big Ten record with 48 rushing TDs in 2010 and had 46 this past season.

According to the Badgers football website, in the last two seasons four different offensive linemen have earned first-team All-America honors. The Badgers have also dominated the All-Big Ten teams the last two seasons, placing six offensive linemen on all-conference teams a year ago and having five honored this season.

While no one will confuse the Buccaneers offensive line with the legendary “Hogs” of the 1980’s Redskins, or even the agile, finesse zone scheming days of the Denver Broncos back in the 1990’s, the fact remains the line was the most consistent unit over the last three seasons and remains the most veteran group on the team.

While some are begging for some players like Jeff Faine or Jeremy Trueblood to immediately be replaced via free agency or the draft, given the track record of the new line coach and the continuity that is already present, the offensive line should actually be one point of stability in a pretty serious retooling effort needed to make Tampa Bay competitive in the near future.

While the coaching search has taken on an air of lacking direction at times, along with some hiccups and stumbles, the Glazers and Dominik, if these assistants can pan out, may come out smelling like roses even after what was a frustrating and sometimes embarrassing experience at times for Bucs fans.

Not many people can honestly say they had ever heard the name Bob Bostad before last weekend, myself included, but this coaching hire may be one of the biggest coups pulled off this offseason.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #20 : February 21, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »

The Freeman Factor
Many factors played a part in the regression of Josh Freeman in 2011 from his second-year success in which he threw just six interceptions and led the Buccaneers to a 10-6 record and narrowly missing the playoffs. (In middle school you're taught not to begin a sentence with "But"...  Same school.) But perhaps none was more damaging than the lack of an offseason due to the 132-day NFL lockout. While the other 31 NFL teams faced the same hurdles, Freeman certainly was affected in his ability to prepare with quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt and offensive coordinator Greg Olson.  (I think you meant "inability to"...)

Freeman was also severally hampered by a defense that was for the majority of the season, giving up huge leads and showed little fight, especially down the stretch when opponents reeled off 10-straight wins, ultimately sealing the fate of Raheem Morris and his coaching staff.

Looking back at one specific game provides a perfect example of the challenge Freeman and the offense faced. On the opening play of the home contest against the Houston Texans, Matt Schaub faked a handoff to running back Arian Foster, rolled out and found a wide open streaking Jacoby Jones for an 80-yard touchdown reception. One snap, one pass, and a 7-0 deficit.

Even the opening game against the Detroit Lions was a foreshadowing of things to come, as the Lions completely dominated the first half, and while perhaps too quick on the trigger, the Buccaneers abandoned the running game and rarely attempted to run the ball in the second half.

Now give Freeman a different receiving corps along the lines the of the Green Bay Packers or an other(did you mean "another"...?  I believe so.) high powered offense, and maybe the Buccaneers stand a chance of winning eight games under those circumstances.

But despite the doom and gloom that some Buccaneers fans have fretted over after Freeman’s poor season, it is clear that many still believe in Freeman, including new offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan.

“I think everyone knows that is here it is a quarterback-driven league,” I suppose this makes sense too, but I can't find the logic in it.  Sullivan said. “No matter how you slice it – and ultimately defense wins championships, and there is no doubt about it – but you have got to have a quarterback."  Again....?  Really...?

“And I think a lot of things you look at with a guy like Josh Freeman – the skill set he possesses, the youth, the ability, the size, the strength – there is an awful lot there and I am chomping at the bit to work with. And you take into consideration that, and the big picture of in terms of a veteran offensive line and some hard-running backs.

“I be would misleading if I said I had a thorough scouting report and have everybody evaluated with a pro grade on them, and I’m ready to smartly report to Mark Dominik on that. But I will be honest with you, it was the attraction to work with a special talent like Josh Freeman.”

And while Davis and Sullivan are the two Bucs hires that mentioned it, you can bet that others that interviewed with the Buccaneers – Marty Schottenheimer, Brad Childress among them – were all just as intrigued about working with Freeman if given the opportunity.

Publisher Scott Reynolds made a great point several weeks ago when he said "the Buccaneers have done a poor example of self-scouting the talent level on their own team."  Mark...  Are you recognizing a trend here? The interview process was a good way to gather opinions – good and bad – on outside opinions of team from independent sources.

We all need someone occasionally to tell us we need to wear more deodorant, and from what we have seen and heard from coaches around the league, the Buccaneers aren’t smelling too bad, at least at the QB position.

This is no way an excuse for Freeman's decision-making last season, as there is no question Tampa Bay's third-year signal-caller clearly made a number of bone head plays, but No.5 still has plenty of fans around the league, including Schiano and his staff.

Leadership Wanted, Apply Inside!
While many Bucs fans are getting excited about the new coaching staff and the leadership they potentially bring, not much will change without the addition players who can display the leadership in the classroom, locker room and on the field.

While a talent upgrade is crucial for the development of the franchise, management should also be looking in free agency not only for players that can step in and improve what takes place between the sidelines, but also around One Buccaneer Place.

Much has been brought up about the how Hardy Nickerson’s signing in 1993 began the transformation in attitude from the woeful 1980’s teams. And (again...?) If you left out the "And", you'd have begun the umpteenth sentence with "While" - so I might give you a pass on this one...  while it took a few years for the Buccaneers to add enough talent to become a playoff team, the leadership and the unwillingness to accept anything less than 100 percent from himself and his teammates, was essential for later success.

Many people point to players like Warren Sapp, John Lynch and Derrick Brooks as the reason the Buccaneers were able to turn the franchise around, but it may not have happened the way it did without Nickerson.

Before Nickerson, Tampa Bay was very much like the current Buccaneers – an organization deemed soft, not very talented, and a team with little fight. Nickerson took those negatives as a personal challenge and played with a chip – or perhaps a boulder – on his shoulder. His surliness and attitude on the field, and even with his own teammates at times, created an edge.

Chidi Ahanotu, former teammate and friend of Nickerson, remembers the impact the former Steeler made during his seven years in Tampa.  I know when I see "Chidi sez..." I should ignore most of what's to follow.

“Hardy, coming from a team with the history of the Steelers, brought instant credibility to our team,” Ahanotu said. “Hardy was from Compton, and while he was no thug, he could get thug if challenged. His whole personality was of nothing but leadership. When Hardy said something, us young guys listened. He didn’t give us a choice.

“Again, back then, he was the guy making the big money on our team and we respected him because he proved he was worth it and then some. From his work ethic on the field to his study habits, it was easy to see how serious he was about football.”  I'm glad enough of that Hardy spew sprayed Chidi a time or two.  Hardy might be due credit for making an average team mate an above average player!?!?  If you ask Chidi, he'd be the first to give the credit to Hardy for making him good enough to expect a call from Canton soon...!   Seriously...  Ask him.

Ahanotu thinks a Nickerson-type leader was sorely missed last season in Tampa Bay.  Why is it the Bucs don't have this kind of football knowledge and wisdom, that Chidi is obviously armed with, roaming the halls of OBP...?  Oh yeah...  HE DOESN'T.

“It is a huge leap from the college ranks to the NFL,” Ahanotu said. “I tell people that the hardest game you ever had in college still didn’t compare to the easiest game in the NFL. There were games in college that I was barely sore after.  Color me shocked that that was Chidi's version of "leaving it all on the field... " It was completely different in this league. It is a longer season and much more physical than guys coming up from college can even imagine. And when you have a bunch of young guys like the Bucs had last year there wasn’t anyone to help them transition.  C'mon Mark...  Call it like it really is.  Yes, even YOU are allowed to politely disagree with the The Round Mound From Downtown.  We had a bunch of young guys that needed someone to help them make the transition to the NFL, but Raheem proved to NOT be qualified in any way, shape, or form to do so.  More like it Chidi?

“You can have the most fiery coach in the history of the NFL, but it still doesn’t replace that leader on the field in the heat of the battle, yet the most fearsome field leader is useless without the direction and discipline competent coaching can and MUST provide, as evidenced but Raheem Morris' complete and utter lack thereof."  Fixed?

Jesus Mark...  Read the sentence without the beginning "So".  Reads like a pro wrote it, huh?So when Dominik, Schiano and advisor Butch Davis start targeting free agents of course they need to look for talent. But maybe the most important piece of the puzzle should be another No. 56. They don’t grow on trees but if there is even someone close Tampa Bay would be best served by bringing that person aboard, regardless of the cost. Cleveland's D'Qwell Jackson or Atlanta's Curtis Lofton would be good players to start with in terms of linebackers.

Extra Point
• While many are concentrating on the Giants' mid-season slide during new defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan’s tenure in New York as defensive signal-caller, consider Sheridan will have major input from head coach Greg Schiano and advisor Butch Davis to lean on, and a sounding board that Raheem Morris never had OR disposed of, and pigheadedly refused to replace. Same thing goes for Mike Sullivan who will have over 30 years of play-calling experience of Jimmy Raye to bounce ideas off of.

The Glazers and Mark Dominik appear to have learned from their decisions three years ago, when Morris went from a defensive backs coach to defensive coordinator to head coach all in the matter of a few days. And Greg Olson was thrust into his role as offensive coordinator, also overnight, when Morris abruptly fired Jeff Jagodzinski less than two weeks from the first regular season game.

When things started going south this past season where could Morris go for input and to pick someone’s brain? Jimmy Lake or Joe Baker? I don’t think so.

And who could Olson rely on to help him figure out how to get Josh Freeman back in a groove within the framework of the offensive system? Steve Logan or Alfredo Roberts? Again, not the best viable options. Quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt had very little play-calling experience to rely on.

While no one will say Morris and Olson were perfect in their roles as coordinators, they certainly weren’t given the resources and safety net that Sullivan and Sheridan will have. Credit the Glazers and Dominik for putting a few more resources in place for both Sullivan and Sheridan to have success in Tampa Bay. [/quote]

You see Mark, I can't begin to agree enough with you 99% of the time.  You're take is usually spot-on, and is null and void of a pewter-colored tint...

In order to be taken more seriously as a sports journalist, you must refine your craft.  My suggestion is that before you hit the "send button", email me your final draft and I'll be happy to proofread it for you for punctuation and/or spelling errors.  Being the great guy I can be, I'll even punch it up for you, free of charge, if you'll be so kind as to hook me up with Media Credentials as a representative for Pewter Report on game days...!  No, really - I don't mind a bit...

/gram-her police

Axxon

Pro Bowler
« #21 : February 22, 2012, 06:18:39 AM »

Dear Mr. Cook,

Please accept the following critique as "constructive criticism."  It speaks volumes about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the general state of affairs, when a website as popular as PR is willing to allow such a poorly written article to be published...

While I have to concede that this article is both written for, and published by, a website that would be considered a 2nd tier free agent (to put it in football terms), I do have to say this:  This article was more painful to read than the majority of posts many "nonprofessionals" will toss up here without hesitation.  I'm not saying this with the intent to insult or condemn Mr. Cook.  I feel I have to point out the many shortcomings for one simple reason...

The quality of the articles written, in any given medium, are only as good as those writing them.  (Brush up on what an appositive is Mark.)  The fact of the matter is this...  If, and it's a big if, this team were a perennial playoff contender - a sister-site such as PR would have a ton more readers, and in turn, a ton more advertisers too.  The result...  Editors-In-Chief that don't require editors of their own!

Sweet Jesus, Mary, and Joseph...!  To say this article is "sprinkled with a few errors" would prompt us being cited by the PSA.

I've pointed out only a few below...

Mark Cook offers up his insight and the latest inside scoop on the Tampa
 Bay Buccaneers from his sources at One Buccaneer Place and around the
league in the Pewter Confidential, which appears on PewterReport.com
weekly.

Trueblood Speaks Out
Offensive tackle Jeremy Trueblood took a few minutes this week to speak to PewterReport.com on the record about the whirlwind that has taken place since the firing of Raheem Morris back on January 2.

Last year was tough for everyone,” Trueblood said. “We know we are better than we played. I really believe there is a lot of talent on this team. But the losses started piling up and then everything just started a snowball effect. I won’t make any excuses. We all could have played better but I have no doubt we were better than 4-12.”

The six-year NFL veteran talked about the hiring of new Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano, and also the addition of offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan. Trueblood is impressed with the former Rutgers coach after seeing the rise of the Scarlet Knights’ program and also the resume that Sullivan brings to Tampa.

“When I got to B.C. (Boston College) they (Rutgers) were a joke,” Trueblood said. “I don’t mean any disrespect to anyone who played or coached there, but at the time Rutgers was really the bottom dwellers in the Big East. "

“After the four years I was there they were giving us fits. People that are from the area can understand what I am saying, but if you didn’t follow football in the Northeast I think it is hard for people to realize how much he did and how far he was able to grow that program. "

“We (as an offensive line) are all really excited about Coach Schiano and Sullivan and the style of offense we might have. I think a power to the strengths of this team. (I suppose there's a sentence-like thought in there, but I can't find it)  We are all pumped up to get started again and show people we are better than we were (in 2011).”

Another new name that will impact Trueblood directly is that of new line coach Bob Bostad, although the Buccaneers have not officially named him as a member of the staff yet.

“I didn’t know too much about him, so when someone texted me and told me he might be coming, I looked him up,” Trueblood said. “And I was like, 'Wow, his credentials are impressive.' Wisconsin has always had a physical running game, and again, that style really fits our strengths as an offensive line and as an offense overall.”

The success of Mike Sullivan in New York also has Trueblood excited.

“Eli Manning is a heck of a talent on his own,” Trueblood said. “But you can’t say Sullivan wasn’t a part of that. You don’t put up the numbers Eli did over the last two seasons all on your own. New York ran the ball and took their shots down the field and it worked. That is something we were able to do in 2010 when we were 10-6. Hopefully we can get back to that and if we do we will look more like that 2010 team than the one we put out there last season.”

Trueblood was also very candid about his former boss, Raheem Morris.

Your first "correction" is wrong. Your very first freaking correction and it only gets better as you go on.

"When quoting multiple consecutive paragraphs of text, be sure to follow this hard and fast rule:

"Begin each paragraph with quote marks.

"Do not close every paragraph with quote marks.

"The only paragraph which should have both open and close quotes is the final paragraph being quoted."

Remember that multi-sentence quotes should be in one paragraph without              any separate indentations, as long as the quote comes from the same source.              Also, you don’t have to attribute the quote more than once in that paragraph,              since the lack-of-indentation shows that it comes from the same source.

Perhaps Mark has more to say about Cindy; maybe he goes on for several paragraphs, complaining about every little thing about her that annoys him. How to punctuate that? Well, he's still speaking, even though he's speaking so much, it needs to be broken into paragraphs. So, you start out with your opening quotation marks to signal to the reader that somebody's speaking. But when you reach the end of the first paragraph in Mark's tirade, you don't end that paragraph with closing quotation marks. By leaving the closing quotes out, you're telling the reader that Mark has more to say; drop your eyes down to the next paragraph, reader, and you'll read what more there is.

I could provide more cites but I think the point is made. You have no idea how to edit, are unclear on the rules of the language and yet feel compelled to criticize a professional writer. Thanks for the laugh.
« : February 22, 2012, 07:00:19 AM Axxon »

Axxon

Pro Bowler
« #22 : February 22, 2012, 06:33:05 AM »

What Bostad Brings To The Bucs:
Though running very late in the assistant coaching game, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers may have found a diamond-in-the-rough with the reported addition of Bob Bostad as the Bucs offensive line coach.

Haha, what the heck.

diamond in the rough
Definition of DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
: one having exceptional qualities or potential but lacking refinement or polish
First Known Use of DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
Browse
Next Word in the Dictionary: diamondize
Previous Word in the Dictionary: diamond indentor
All Words Near: diamond in the rough
Seen & Heard

What made you want to look up diamond in the rough? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).
View Seen & Heard highlights from around the site »

Hey, in all fairness,  I'm sure Webster needs you as an editor as well.

Please don't. I don't think my sides can stand any more laughing.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
« #23 : February 22, 2012, 06:49:44 AM »

“I be would misleading if I said I had a thorough scouting report and have everybody evaluated with a pro grade on them, and I’m ready to smartly report to Mark Dominik on that. But I will be honest with you, it was the attraction to work with a special talent like Josh Freeman.”

I be would misleading.... really?

Giving you the frankly unearned benefit of the doubt we have 'I would be misleading'... again, really?

Publisher Scott Reynolds made a great point several weeks ago when he said "the Buccaneers have done a poor example of self-scouting the talent level on their own team."  Mark...  Are you recognizing a trend here? The interview process was a good way to gather opinions – good and bad – on outside opinions of team from independent sources.

So, you can't tell that this isn't a direct quote? Do you really think that anything after the word said must be a direct quote and thus in quotations?

I am recognizing a trend here and I'm sure Mark is too but it's not the trend you think it is.

The funny thing is there is so much wrong with your corrections but I'm just going for the easy stuff. That doesn't make the article perfect but you sir should not be the one attempting to point that out. You lack the competence to do so.
« : February 22, 2012, 06:58:04 AM Axxon »

Axxon

Pro Bowler
« #24 : February 22, 2012, 06:57:02 AM »

I'm sorry about the vitriol but I take the language seriously and I don't suffer incompetent pedants well at all.

buchead

Hall of Famer

« #25 : February 22, 2012, 07:21:32 AM »

Omg! What an anal crotch bag you are. Is your nose so high in the air that you would rather complain about mistakes instead of, oh I dont know.....talk about the bucs? Really? How bout you put a tampon on and take your ass over to Martha Stewarts site you pansy.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
« #26 : February 22, 2012, 07:29:03 AM »

Omg! What an anal crotch bag you are. Is your nose so high in the air that you would rather complain about mistakes instead of, oh I dont know.....talk about the bucs? Really? How bout you put a tampon on and take your ass over to Martha Stewart's site you pansy.

I couldn't help myself. :D

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #27 : February 22, 2012, 07:52:23 AM »

Ha Ha! I think I found the person who gives me one star-ratings on my stories! Seriously the reader does make some good points. There are a few little things that I should have caught. There is one part where our admin system actually deleted a couple words in a sentence. And also the very first intro paragraph design is formatted funny. That again shows we have some bugs in the system layout program.
Every organization chooses a writing style that they try to stick to. Some indent each paragraph, some use quotes inside paragraphs, while we start new ones beginning within quotes, etc...
Writing styles can be subjective. There are times that I think a sentence structure sounds good but SR will change it, same with me.

I will be the first to admit I am not the best self-editor, I, like most, can edit others' work much better than my own. But we always have at least one staff member read over the stories before they are published. I admit with my newspaper background I was spoiled. Having copy editors, sometime several before something is published, look over and edit your work can make you a little careless. I am much better than I was when I started in July but still can and will get better. I DO appreciate Bucs FTW's suggestions (just maybe not the forum in which he chose to use or his tone) but he is correct in some of his critiques. But as AXXon pointed out not it all of them.
And sometimes after writing two or three thousand words my eyes are popping out of my head. Still no excuse for basic errors.

I hope readers can overlook the mistakes for the most part and accept the content. That isn't an excuse for poor grammar however. It is important to us to be professional. I personally read some sites or others blogs and cringe at the grammar sometimes. But we all make mistakes.

My father is famous for using a sharpie marker when he reads one of the two daily big papers, circling errors.

Again I will continue to get better and appreciate the critique and the support.

MC

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #28 : February 22, 2012, 07:54:04 AM »

Some of you need to get a life

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #29 : February 22, 2012, 08:02:21 AM »

FRG, I know I'm not winning any arguments with the anti-TB crowd so I question why I even responded! lol..We talk to scouts and coaches. Not one has ever said Trueblood is the worst RT in the league. A few have actually said he may be a little underrated.

"I know I am not winning any arguments with the anti-TB crowd" -- understatement of the decade

"We talk to scout and coaches"  -- so what?  (sarcasm)

"No one has ever said Trueblood is the worst RT in the league" -- which proves to us that there are no scout and coaches on the PR website

On PR,Trueblood is the worst RT in the league and there are people that screamed for Lee to replace him and Dotson and for us to basically cut the guy with no replacement.  There are people that damn near had a heart attack when they guy was given, essentially, two one year contracts.  Tons of people dying to save the Glazers that $5 million annual salary.  The guy is perhaps the most hated player on this website.

The guy is not great, but "absolute worst RT in the league"?
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ***FREE INSIDER*** COOK'S PEWTER CONFIDENTIAL « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools