Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ***FREE INSIDER*** COOK'S PEWTER CONFIDENTIAL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 22, 2012, 09:22:57 AM

articles like this is why i no longer pay to be an insider. Regardless of formatting or grammatical errors, the "inside" info is just re-written quotes with personal opinions mixed in. Not ground breaking or insightful opinions, just the same opinions that many people share because they have already been exposed to these quotes, usually from multiple sources. By the time PR decides to divulge their opinion of the quotes, everybody and their brother has already expounded upon any comments made.

It used to be the other way around where PR was first or second to the table. Now they are often one of the last.

I mean the name Pewter Insider implies alone that you are getting information not normally privy to the general public, that is no longer the case from the articles Ive read that have been posted for "free."  Seems to me these "free" insider articles would provide information that hasnt been divulged by every outlet including hacks like Florio and JBF to inspire more people to pay the $10.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 22, 2012, 09:31:25 AM

So once again we have people who believe Trueblood isn't terrible. It's easy to just say "He's not that bad", but who is he better than? Here are PFF's complete regular starting RT rankings for 2011. If anyone thinks he should be higher, tell us who he is better than.

1. David Stewart
2. Bryan Bulaga
3. Tyson Clabo
4. Tyron Smith
5. Zach Strief
6. Eric Winston
7. Tony Pashos
8. Todd Herremans
9. Phil Loadholt
10. Andre Smith
11. Nate Solder
12. Marcus Gilbert
13. Erik Pears
14. Jason Smith
15. Gosder Cherilus
16. Jeremy Bridges
17. Michael Oher
18. Orlando Franklin
19. Guy Whimper
20. Anthony Davis
21. Khalif Barnes
22. Jammal Brown
23. James Carpenter
24. Kareem McKenzie
25. Byron Bell
26. Marc Colombo
27. Jeff Linkenbach
28. Jeremy Trueblood
29. Wayne Hunter
30. Lance Louis
31. Jermoey Clary
32. Barry Richardson

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 22, 2012, 09:42:19 AM

I'm sorry about the vitriol but I take the language seriously and I don't suffer incompetent pedants well at all.

No sweat Axxhole...  I'm hardly a pedant though.

Oh yeah...  You missed 2 commas = FAIL.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 22, 2012, 09:49:26 AM

This thread has my vote for the weirdest turn of the year (so far.)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 22, 2012, 10:03:44 AM

Right on Blind Melon! I think I will stick to the insider board from now on!

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#35 : February 22, 2012, 10:07:00 AM

I'm sorry about the vitriol but I take the language seriously and I don't suffer incompetent pedants well at all.

No sweat Axxhole...  I'm hardly a pedant though.

Oh yeah...  You missed 2 commas = FAIL.

Gotta admit, you're a funny guy.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 22, 2012, 10:12:09 AM

You can't say you weren't warned.  :D

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 22, 2012, 10:13:18 AM

You can't say you were never warned.  :D

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#38 : February 22, 2012, 10:17:04 AM

You can't say you were never warned.  :D

More than once it seems. :D

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 22, 2012, 10:36:13 AM

Blount can only be a number 2 back and now Jeremy Trueblood is not that bad? I just don't understand... There were times last season where Trueblood literally blocked nobody at all. The ball snapped he just sort of ran up field; made no sense to me.

edit* I watched the games at my parents house on Sundays. My father used to be a Giants season ticket holder, but for some reason no longer watches football. He occasionally watched a few Bucs plays on his way to the kitchen. I recall about 5 times (last season) where his words were "aww, 65 just totally blew it on that play." Point is you don't need links to stats or anything, even people who don't watch can see Trueblood getting beat. Hopefully Kalil falls to us.
: February 22, 2012, 10:43:24 AM Pepsi

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 22, 2012, 10:46:39 AM

Ha Ha! I think I found the person who gives me one star-ratings on my stories! Seriously the reader does make some good points. There are a few little things that I should have caught. There is one part where our admin system actually deleted a couple words in a sentence. And also the very first intro paragraph design is formatted funny. That again shows we have some bugs in the system layout program.
Every organization chooses a writing style that they try to stick to. Some indent each paragraph, some use quotes inside paragraphs, while we start new ones beginning within quotes, etc...
Writing styles can be subjective. There are times that I think a sentence structure sounds good but SR will change it, same with me.

I will be the first to admit I am not the best self-editor, I, like most, can edit others' work much better than my own. But we always have at least one staff member read over the stories before they are published. I admit with my newspaper background I was spoiled. Having copy editors, sometime several before something is published, look over and edit your work can make you a little careless. I am much better than I was when I started in July but still can and will get better. I DO appreciate Bucs FTW's suggestions (just maybe not the forum in which he chose to use or his tone) but he is correct in some of his critiques. But as AXXon pointed out not it all of them.
And sometimes after writing two or three thousand words my eyes are popping out of my head. Still no excuse for basic errors.

I hope readers can overlook the mistakes for the most part and accept the content. That isn't an excuse for poor grammar however. It is important to us to be professional. I personally read some sites or others blogs and cringe at the grammar sometimes. But we all make mistakes.

My father is famous for using a sharpie marker when he reads one of the two daily big papers, circling errors.

Again I will continue to get better and appreciate the critique and the support.

MC

One star...?  Hardly Mark! lol  Believe it or not Mark, I never rank things like stories on the web, although it obviously appears differently than that.

Thanks for taking my commentary on your writing in the vein in which it was intended - which I hope was obvious, in terms of not flaming on your articles.  As I said, not only do I agree with a majority of your personal stances on all things Bucs - I truly believe you're a promising young journalist.  I'm sure it would appear to be in much better taste to have emailed you directly (with my critique), but I seriously doubt you would have replied in such depth, and my intention was not to discredit your writing skills or capabilities in the first place.

On a more personal note...  If I didn't enjoy reading your point of view on Bucs matters, I would simply not read them, but I honestly do.  I'm sure Rick Stroud makes fewer grammatical errors, but I can't stand his take on most things, so I'm not going to invest any time critiquing his work.  Bottom line...  I'm among your biggest fans!

FWIW, you're a helluva a promising writer & your father seems like a cool OG...!

FTW

PS - Does this mean I can't secure a position as the new Assistant to the Editor-In-Chief (with sideline passes)?

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 22, 2012, 10:54:18 AM

With compliments like that you are earning points very fast BucsFTW ... Seriously I need to get dropped a notch ego-wise every once in a while, or so my wife tells me on a regular basis. Thanks for the feedback again. In the words of The Office, you can be the assistant to the assistant. (The BBC version was the best).

P.S. Post all you want, I like to look at the cheerleader pic on your posts without feeling like an old dude who drives a van slowly wearing 70's-styled tinted reading glasses.
: February 22, 2012, 10:57:59 AM PewterReportMC

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 22, 2012, 11:02:10 AM

Trueblood is the worst starting right tackle in the league.  After the conclusion of the season we are still arguing about something that isn't even debatable at this point?  Why? 

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 22, 2012, 11:06:05 AM

With compliments like that you are earning points very fast BucsFTW ... Seriously I need to get dropped a notch ego-wise every once in a while, or so my wife tells me on a regular basis. Thanks for the feedback again. In the words of The Office, you can be the assistant to the assistant. (The BBC version was the best).

My honor, your honor.  Did I ever tell you about my ex-wife...?  We met, had a few drinks, and she made me an offer.  I honored her offer, and all night long I was honor and off her.  But I digress...

Fact of the matter is this:  We all need a kick in the arse occasionally.  However innaccurate my editorializing may be - it comes from the heart...  I kid because I care.

You had me at "with"...

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 22, 2012, 11:11:22 AM

Trueblood is the worst starting right tackle in the league.

ADW...  You state that as if it were a fact, and I would be hard pressed to debate the issue, but...

IF this coaching staff is all that it's cracked up to be - maybe...  just MAYBE...  Trueblood can be coached up to play at a respectable level...?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ***FREE INSIDER*** COOK'S PEWTER CONFIDENTIAL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools