Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zach Brown, Does He Make It To Us In 2nd Round?....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GoBucs!!

Second String

« : February 21, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »

Zach Brown, UNC, OLB: There will be many bigger linebackers in Indy but none faster than the Tar Heel. Brown is amazing athlete. Before arriving in Chapel Hill he had a 29-0 record as a prep wrestler with 17 pins. He also ran for over 1,500 yards as a high school senior. In his first time running the 40 as a Tar Heel, he started coaches by clocking a 4.28.

Brown has spent the past six weeks in South Florida working out with trainer Tony Villiani, who says the Tar Heel "will be bigger than people think he is. He's not going to be that small weakside linebacker. The goal is for him to be low 4.4s or under. People know about his speed but normally guys who are that fast hey may not be as agile too. People who watched him at the Senior Bowl know he's both."

If Bucs landed Carr in Free Agency, drafted Mo and Brown, how happy are you?????
« : February 21, 2012, 09:44:27 PM GoBucs!! »

sharp2325

Starter

« #1 : February 21, 2012, 09:46:14 PM »

I'm not happy, because I don't want to draft Claboirne. Blackmon or Richardson and I would be happy in that  scenario.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 21, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »

Depends on what we do in Free agency. Brown or David in round 2. I don't think Brown will fall to the 2nd however.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

YReceiver14

Starter

« #3 : February 21, 2012, 10:03:55 PM »

I think he will fall to the second, and I still don't think we should take him.

He is a physical freak, sure, but he does not put it all together on the field.  You don't see players come to the NFL and suddenly become physical.

If he was playing at a school where they had a more atypical defense, such as New Mexico, he would be going in the 3rd round, max, and selected purely based on potential.

...wait a minute...

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 21, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »

He is a physical freak, sure, but he does not put it all together on the field.  You don't see players come to the NFL and suddenly become physical.

If he was playing at a school where they had a more atypical defense, such as New Mexico, he would be going in the 3rd round, max, and selected purely based on potential.

...wait a minute...

I watched a few UNC games and was hoping to get excited about potentially drafting him but I came away unimpressed.  There are better LBs out there for us

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 21, 2012, 10:21:40 PM »

Brown is Quincy Black 2.0. Freak athlete, very bleh football player.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #6 : February 21, 2012, 10:24:05 PM »

...wait a minute...
well played

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : February 21, 2012, 10:37:41 PM »

Travis Lewis in the 3rd is better value than Brown in the 2nd. IMO of course!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 21, 2012, 10:42:19 PM »

Travis Lewis in the 3rd is better value than Brown in the 2nd. IMO of course!

Agreed...as is his teammate Ronnell Lewis.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dean youngblood

Starter

« #9 : February 21, 2012, 10:43:36 PM »

Spence over Brown

buchead

Hall of Famer

« #10 : February 21, 2012, 10:57:16 PM »

We pick at the top of the 2nd round. 36th overall. Most mocks have only 2 or 3 LBs going in the 1st round. One mock had Kuelchy as the only LB drafted in the first. We will be in position to draft a top 5 LB coming out of this draft. Depending on how the rest of the 2nd round shakes out, one might be there at the top of the 3rd.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #11 : February 21, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »

Bobby Wagner over every LB

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #12 : February 22, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »

Very unlikely we land Zach Brown without a trade up into the bottom of the 1st round. Brown might even go in Top 20. Especially if he lights up the Combine.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #13 : February 22, 2012, 12:21:47 PM »

Wagner/Spence...not many other good OLB in the draft. 

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #14 : February 22, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »

Bobby Wagner over every LB

Wagner is a Mason Foster clone and that's not a bad thing but he not even in Zach Browns class.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zach Brown, Does He Make It To Us In 2nd Round?....... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools