Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why you should stay on the Legarrette Blount band wagon « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 22, 2012, 12:58:54 AM

This topic doesn't need an article. It only needs a simple statement.

He's a beast! That's why you should stay on his band wagon.

Clearly after Carnell Williams, he's like a breath of fresh air.

HATE just might use that line as a sig.

He and I feel the same way about Carnell. It's a shame, I had such high hopes for him to after his rookie year...the injury bug got him and his production really wasn't all that great after it. But no sense in beating a dead horse.

Anyway I'm all for getting Freeman some weapons, but for our offense to succeed we're going to have to help the D get off the field on third downs. All the weapons in the world won't matter if they're sitting on the sidelines while the other team marches up and down the field on 15 play 80 yd drives that eat up 6 to 8 mins a pop.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 22, 2012, 01:21:26 AM

I like Blount, but if he could catch and block, you're probably looking at another 2-3 wins last year. There's only so much an offense can do when you have a RB that can't do everything.

I'm hoping he can learn with new coaches, and finally getting a real offseason with the team since he hasn't had one so far.

We need to get another RB in here who can take the majority of carries if Blount can't figure things out though.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 22, 2012, 01:46:42 AM

I like Blount, but if he could catch and block, you're probably looking at another 2-3 wins last year. There's only so much an offense can do when you have a RB that can't do everything.

I'm hoping he can learn with new coaches, and finally getting a real offseason with the team since he hasn't had one so far.

We need to get another RB in here who can take the majority of carries if Blount can't figure things out though - OR - God forbid, he get seriously injured, because it's painfully obvious we do NOT have another stud in the stable...!

Agree 100% with all, but the later should be corrected as noted...!

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 22, 2012, 02:23:14 AM

While I am not a Blount hater...he does deserve criticism for not being able to beat out Lumpy for 3rd Down Back. With new coaching he should improve...but he most likely will never be considered or put up numbers of a top 10 back...which is why we need a 1-2 punch....I would rather it be a speedy, shifty COP back like Wilson or Martin...but if we do draft Richardson...it wont be then end of the world...either way...whoever is running the ball...the O-line needs a major adjustment.
lolwut?

He put up top 10 numbers as a rookie.

He does need a complimentary back .. and it needs to be someone not named Lumpkin. Blount has a place on this team... and it's a huge place. Don't know why people are so eager to hate on one of our biggest playmakers. You want to get mad at him? Blame the horrible OL first. That's why you see Blount's slumps... because of his **CENSORED**ty OL.

We have heard it from numerous opponents... NOBODY wants to play against Blount... NOBODY. There's a reason for that. The Blount hate needs to stop.

Not calling you out... Just saying it in general.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 22, 2012, 03:25:16 AM

While I am not a Blount hater...he does deserve criticism for not being able to beat out Lumpy for 3rd Down Back. With new coaching he should improve...but he most likely will never be considered or put up numbers of a top 10 back...which is why we need a 1-2 punch....I would rather it be a speedy, shifty COP back like Wilson or Martin...but if we do draft Richardson...it wont be then end of the world...either way...whoever is running the ball...the O-line needs a major adjustment.
lolwut?

He put up top 10 numbers as a rookie.

He does need a complimentary back .. and it needs to be someone not named Lumpkin. Blount has a place on this team... and it's a huge place. Don't know why people are so eager to hate on one of our biggest playmakers. You want to get mad at him? Blame the horrible OL first. That's why you see Blount's slumps... because of his **CENSORED**ty OL.

We have heard it from numerous opponents... NOBODY wants to play against Blount... NOBODY. There's a reason for that. The Blount hate needs to stop.

Not calling you out... Just saying it in general.
Not only did he do it as a rookie, but he didn't start for like half the season.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 22, 2012, 07:34:01 AM

We don't know if he can catch or block, he was never given the chance in game time, and do you trust Morris and Olsens ability to evaluate talent at practice???????

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 22, 2012, 07:44:05 AM

Until Blount decides it's important to get in the film room and learn pass protections and the other finer points of the game , I will never be fully on his bandwagon...

I would like to keep him as a 4th quarter closer /change of pace to Richardson , however.  ;D

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 22, 2012, 07:54:46 AM

How do we know he can't be a third down back? For all we know, that was Olson trying to be a genius and have "designated roles".

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 22, 2012, 08:09:43 AM

The only people who have given up on Blount are the same idiots that have nothing but negative things to share. Blount is a great running back and clearly a big part of our future. He hasn't proved to a be an every down back in his first two years, but when it comes to just running the ball he is top 5 in this league. If you discount that because he hasn't yet developed his pass protection and hasn't had many passes thrown to him, then you are clueless. Many backs take a few years to develop into well rounded backs.

The only thing we need when it comes to the RB position is a depth. We cannot ever allow ourselves to be in a position like last year with some horrible nub (Lumpkin) getting all the touches. We have Blount and he is a work horse. We need a solid #2 to compliment him. Preferably a shorter shiftier guy, but not one of these guys that weigh less than 200lbs. Just a solidly built back with quickness, good hands, and good pass protection. Then we need a 3rd RB to be that utility guy. Graham's replacement. A vet that can do it all.

Blount is still leading the pack though. Just like with Freeman, many of our fans are too blind to see what we have.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 22, 2012, 08:10:17 AM

He isn't Barry Sanders which means he need some sort of baseline blocking so he can get his momentum going. His problem this year with tip toeing is the fact that he didn't/couldn't trust his offensive line to make a hole so he couldn't sell out and run full speed. He was expecting to have to make a cut or dodge a tackle very soon after being given the ball.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 22, 2012, 08:11:09 AM

Looks to me like he is a pretty damn good receiver when given the chance. 15 receptions for 148 yards this year with only one drop. Blame Olsen for giving Lumpkin 41 receptions instead of using Blount more. I'll bet you Schiano doesn't misuse Blount.
: February 22, 2012, 08:23:07 AM JDouble

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 22, 2012, 08:17:07 AM

I'll post this again:

RIGHT SIDE   67   284   4.2      
LEFT SIDE   42   152   3.6      
MIDDLE          53   266   5.0   
LEFT SIDELINE   13   44   3.4   
RIGHT SIDELINE    9   35   3.9   

Not a threat to the outside makes him a liability as a starter. Rather us go get a RB who can work the outside and the middle, equally effective.

Everybody is so quick to point out 2010, when we played garbage defenses. He wasn't so hot against better competition this year.

max_B_owww

Rookie

#27 : February 22, 2012, 08:21:07 AM

Can't run outside the tackles. Great #2 back though.

Are you kidding? Cant run outside tackles?? Ill disregard that quote smh

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 22, 2012, 08:25:06 AM

Schiano wants to run a smash mouth offense that runs north and south....not east and west. Why do we need to run outside?

max_B_owww

Rookie

#29 : February 22, 2012, 08:25:44 AM

He isn't Barry Sanders which means he need some sort of baseline blocking so he can get his momentum going. His problem this year with tip toeing is the fact that he didn't/couldn't trust his offensive line to make a hole so he couldn't sell out and run full speed. He was expecting to have to make a cut or dodge a tackle very soon after being given the ball.

<------------- This guy watches the game bc everything he just typed is true, I agree 150%
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why you should stay on the Legarrette Blount band wagon « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools