Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why you should stay on the Legarrette Blount band wagon « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#150 : February 24, 2012, 11:25:50 AM

Well everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Answer me this though, even if Blount is the world's worst pass blocker and has hands of stone which would make it reasonable to have played Lumpkin so much, and we leave that out of the equation......why has Blount averaged less than 15 carries a game? Why has he only had more than 20 carries in a game four times in his career? That has nothing to do with pass blocking or catching. When it comes to just flat out running, Blount is a beast and he seems to get better as the game goes on. The only reasoning I can find is that Olson is a horrible OC that didn't use Blount as he should have. Do you see another explanation?

He used him less because Blount wasnt a team player. Showed up late to meetings, sometimes listened to his ipod over his coaches talking to the whole team. Ive heard these from a source who worked in the locker room before and after every game. Including away games.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#151 : February 24, 2012, 12:30:28 PM

The problem is that can be said of many players on this team under Raheem.   Geno Hayes is an example, but the difference is Blount showed up on game days and on time unlike Hayes.  So people leveling these accusations against him but overlooking far worse transgressions have an axe to grind.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#152 : February 24, 2012, 12:37:49 PM

Just saying what I heard. I can trust this guy too. He wouldnt lie. He also said the same things about Talib too. I agree that most players probably took advantage of Raheem and Co but this is what I specifically heard about Blount. No agenda here either because I like Blount as a player. Hope he has a great season for us this year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#153 : February 24, 2012, 12:38:58 PM

not sure what you are getting at.  who is claiming geno hayes is the man?  dont think anyone is grinding an axe that i know of.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#154 : February 24, 2012, 10:00:09 PM

My aunt's best friend's mailman told me Freeman keeps a hooker in his locker.

For realz.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#155 : February 24, 2012, 11:13:17 PM

For realz.

link?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#156 : February 24, 2012, 11:14:53 PM

For realz.

link?

LOL

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why you should stay on the Legarrette Blount band wagon « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools