Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne in contention for the fastest man at the combine « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : February 22, 2012, 09:34:21 PM »

Breaking down which prospects could challenge for the top 40-time.

National Football Post
 Wes Bunting

February 22, 2012

The Contenders…

ICON
Adams can get behind defenses vertically

WR Joe Adams: Arkansas (5-11, 190)
 Adams has been rumored to be running in the mid 4.2 range during training and has to be one of the favorites.

WR Jarius Wright; Arkansas (5-10, 180)
 We know Joe Adams can fly, but there are those who believe that Wright is actually the faster athlete when the pads are off.

WR Devon Wylie:  Fresno State (5-9, 185)
 I don’t know if he has the type of speed needed to be the fastest guy at the Combine. However, he reaches top end speed instantly and will have one of the fastest ten and twenty yards splits in Indy.

CB Morris Claiborne: Louisiana State (6-0, 185)
 How can you not have this guy on the list? He’s rumored to be the fastest player on the LSU defense and showcases “plus” recovery speed in all areas of the game.

The Favorite….

WR Chris Rainey: Florida (5-9, 175)
 Rainey took down former Florida speedster Jeff Demps in a race during his freshman year. How fast is Demps? Demps is currently training for the Olympics as a professional sprinter. The point? Rainey can fly.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

« #1 : February 22, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »

I wouldn't rule out David Wilson, Lamar Miller or Travis Benjamin.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 22, 2012, 10:16:13 PM »

That is impressive IMO.   Didn't know Claiborne was that fast.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

« #3 : February 22, 2012, 10:17:07 PM »

It's going to be Rainey or RG3.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 22, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »

Rainey all the wAaaay. ⚡

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #5 : February 22, 2012, 10:21:56 PM »

Me neither.

But he's still probably the slowest of the people listed

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 22, 2012, 10:23:22 PM »

Me neither.

But he's still probably the slowest of the people listed

Still impressive for a CB though.  I am warming up to him at #5.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #7 : February 22, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »

Me too. Mostly because the more I read about him the more it seems like he is legit, despite my concern about his wiry frame. He tackles well. He plays big.

BucsWin31

Starter

« #8 : February 22, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »

If he's there he has to be the pick regardless of how we do in FA. Last time I check you can't never have enough good CB's especially in the division we're in.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
« #9 : February 22, 2012, 10:40:38 PM »

Me too. Mostly because the more I read about him the more it seems like he is legit, despite my concern about his wiry frame. He tackles well. He plays big.
Ya I like the way he tackles, too

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #10 : February 22, 2012, 11:46:44 PM »

Claiborne wiry?  He has pretty good size for a CB, 6 foot 185 lbs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 22, 2012, 11:48:06 PM »

He plays, and hits, bigger than he appears

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #12 : February 22, 2012, 11:54:22 PM »

LMJ is not in contention for one of the fastest times?

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

« #13 : February 22, 2012, 11:59:29 PM »

That's a little skinny for someone that is 6 feet tall. Which is pretty much the definition of wiry...tall and skinny. Usually, 6 feet tall corners are around 200lb. Not that it really matters though...he hits bigger than he is.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #14 : February 23, 2012, 12:02:39 AM »

Seems like a player that won't be able to hold his own against bigger WR's at the next level. The way he plays, (very aggressive with contact with receivers after they get off the line) he is going to be a very penalized corner when he enters the league. Adjustments are going to be big for him.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne in contention for the fastest man at the combine « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools