Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne in contention for the fastest man at the combine « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 23, 2012, 12:02:48 AM

Me too. Mostly because the more I read about him the more it seems like he is legit, despite my concern about his wiry frame. He tackles well. He plays big.
Ya I like the way he tackles, too

Claiborne wiry?  He has pretty good size for a CB, 6 foot 185 lbs.
He plays, and hits, bigger than he appears

True enough, but he outweighs everyone on that list in the OP.   So to be as fast or faster than those WR's  is impressive when he outweighs them all.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 23, 2012, 01:20:32 AM

I'm not sure speed is what this defense needs. They got beat badly by the run on a weekly basis. Not because they couldn't get to the RB, but because they couldn't wrap up.

I'm not exactly against signing Claiborne, I'm just not sold he's an answer for this defensive backfield. As for the decision-makers, they're probably thinking Claiborne as well. Seeing how the situation with Talib, and his second chances, are most likely over with the hiring of Schiano. An that's not to mention TJax's smoking habit and the ageing Barber. They most likely will be pushed by the thought of the current roster in mind and the open possibility of FA's using TB as a steppingstool, or avoiding them altogether.

If Claiborne is there, I say they draft him. Too tempting for a team in their particular position.

(Of course, my choice would be Blackmon or Trent, then Grimes,Nicks in FA. A man can dream.)  ::)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 23, 2012, 01:24:54 AM

Mo is listed 185.  But he was said to have played in the 170s. Sort of like how Charles Barkley was listed at 6'6".

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 23, 2012, 01:24:59 AM

I'm not sure speed is what this defense needs. They got beat badly by the run on a weekly basis. Not because they couldn't get to the RB, but because they couldn't wrap up.

I'm not exactly against signing Claiborne, I'm just not sold he's an answer for this defensive backfield. As for the decision-makers, they're probably thinking Claiborne as well. Seeing how the situation with Talib, and his second chances, are most likely over with the hiring of Schiano. An that's not to mention TJax's smoking habit and the ageing Barber. They most likely will be pushed by the thought of the current roster in mind and the open possibility of FA's using TB as a steppingstool, or avoiding them altogether.

If Claiborne is there, I say they draft him. Too tempting for a team in their particular position.

(Of course, my choice would be Blackmon or Trent, then Grimes,Nicks in FA. A man can dream.)  ::)

If your counting on your CB's to stop the run you are already in trouble.   We need better LB's for that.  And safetys that can tackle.
: February 23, 2012, 01:26:35 AM The-anti-java

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 23, 2012, 01:50:38 AM

Morris Claiborne, like his counterpart Patrick Peterson, is the best defensive prospect in the draft and will be worthy of a top 5 selection. We deserve him, and most importantly, we need him.

tmac87

Starter
#20 : February 23, 2012, 01:54:40 AM

We need 2 corners. We won't be getting 2 corners in FA. He is the best CB in the draft.

Done.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 23, 2012, 02:13:57 AM

We need 2 corners. We won't be getting 2 corners in FA. He is the best CB in the draft.

Done.

Claiborne and then either Finnegan or Grimes or Carr.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

tmac87

Starter
#22 : February 23, 2012, 02:27:03 AM

Done.

Claiborne and then either Finnegan or Grimes or Carr.

Yup! Grimes is my last pick. Between Finnegan and Carr its a little tougher, with Finnegan having my vote at the moment.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#23 : February 23, 2012, 02:32:03 AM

Seems like a player that won't be able to hold his own against bigger WR's at the next level. The way he plays, (very aggressive with contact with receivers after they get off the line) he is going to be a very penalized corner when he enters the league. Adjustments are going to be big for him.
Well lets hope he adds some bulk to his frame without losing any of his speed.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 23, 2012, 02:55:22 AM

I think it'll be between T.Y. Hilton and Rainey.

watson

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 23, 2012, 05:01:02 AM

Seems like a player that won't be able to hold his own against bigger WR's at the next level. The way he plays, (very aggressive with contact with receivers after they get off the line) he is going to be a very penalized corner when he enters the league. Adjustments are going to be big for him.
He better.  When he comes up against the Vincent Jacksons, Brandon Marshalls, etc that 185 is going to be about 40 pounds light and they will be running almost as fast as he is.  Trying to jam those guys will be a difficult proposition.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 23, 2012, 08:23:14 AM

He better.  When he comes up against the Vincent Jacksons, Brandon Marshalls, etc that 185 is going to be about 40 pounds light and they will be running almost as fast as he is.  Trying to jam those guys will be a difficult proposition.
Can you imagine our top 5 pick CB that is 185 pounds clamoring for help because he is too small to stick White, Jones, Colston, and the other big WR's in the NFL. We shouldn't draft a CB that high if he can't be on an Island, period.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 23, 2012, 08:29:03 AM

Claiborne isn't what I consider to be wiry.  I wish I had arms like that.

I've also known some wiry guys that were strong as hell. 

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 23, 2012, 08:32:46 AM

Looking forward to what he does for the bench press at the combine.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 23, 2012, 08:35:10 AM

I don't think he'll have any problems jamming at the next level.  He may not be the biggest corner but he plays physical enough imo.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne in contention for the fastest man at the combine « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools