Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU DBs coach Ron Cooper to the Bucs is a done deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 22, 2012, 11:06:51 PM

I'm all for it!!!  But why couldn't Rah build a respectful staff like this?

A few things IMO. First Raheem was a db coach with not much experience doing anything else. My guess is coaches saw it as risky to join his staff. Raheem also probably didn't know as many people as closely as Schiano has. Also if you've read PR recently you'd know the Glazers could be a reason as well.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 22, 2012, 11:09:36 PM

Coach Morris had no decent network.

NYC Bucs Fan

Starter

#32 : February 22, 2012, 11:10:20 PM

This staff is coming together nicely.

yungbull

Starter
#33 : February 22, 2012, 11:10:32 PM

A few things IMO. First Raheem was a db coach with not much experience doing anything else. My guess is coaches saw it as risky to join his staff. Raheem also probably didn't know as many people as closely as Schiano has. Also if you've read PR recently you'd know the Glazers could be a reason as well.

Great point, although there were probably a few other reasons along with ones your pointed out. 

yungbull

Starter
#34 : February 22, 2012, 11:13:47 PM

A Q&A with Ron Cooper....

He knows his craft pretty well, and he also seems to be a pretty intense coach....

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 22, 2012, 11:14:13 PM

Great point, although there were probably a few other reasons along with ones your pointed out.

Probably. Just speculation on my part.

FireThemCannons

Second String

#36 : February 22, 2012, 11:19:11 PM

This a great hire and lucky for us the best corner in the draft happened to be coached by him. Love it

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 22, 2012, 11:19:35 PM

A Q&A with Ron Cooper....

He knows his craft pretty well, and he also seems to be a pretty intense coach....

Hard to argue with the guys success.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#38 : February 22, 2012, 11:23:35 PM

DB Love!

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#39 : February 22, 2012, 11:25:09 PM

Morris never had the clout or reputation to assemble a staff like this. Schiano is getting it done on that front.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#40 : February 22, 2012, 11:26:37 PM

He has coached Chad Jones, Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne, and likely future first rounder Tyran Mathieu.....gotta say I am impressed.

Started off with Butch Davis and all the talents hes produced for the NFL...

Then we get the OL Coach from Wisconsin...

Now the DB Coach from LSU...

CAN I GET A HELL YEA?!?!
HELL YEA!!!

HELL YEA!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 22, 2012, 11:26:39 PM

Wonder what made him come to Tampa? This staff is definitely way better than we ever assembled under Morris.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 22, 2012, 11:29:28 PM

Great. he should be able to do something with Lewis.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 22, 2012, 11:29:46 PM

Wonder what made him come to Tampa? This staff is definitely way better than we ever assembled under Morris.

Because the Schiano hiring is a joke!!!

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#44 : February 22, 2012, 11:34:44 PM

He was obviously clueless. We gave him too much credit.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU DBs coach Ron Cooper to the Bucs is a done deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools