Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU DBs coach Ron Cooper to the Bucs is a done deal « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#90 : February 23, 2012, 01:50:45 PM

I've said it before if the Bucs think RGIII can be better than Freeman, they should pick him.

Few teams take that approach, but I agree
The Redskins, Bears, and Jaguars all passed on Ben Roethlisberger because they were still trying to make it work with Patrick Ramsey, Rex Grossman, and Byron Leftwich, respectively.

I know what you are getting at, but I disagree - it's not really about whether RGIII can be better than Freeman, it's about whether Josh Freeman can win Super Bowls for you (and not in a Brad Johnson type of way - no offense to the Bull of course, one of my favorites) or not.  If you think he has the potential to do that, then you move on. If you don't then RGIII has to be an option.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#91 : February 23, 2012, 01:53:03 PM

As someone who watched Mo the whole time he was at LSU my observations are as follows. Mo does not have the freak measurements Patrick does and he definately did not get as much hype as Patrick or even Tyrann but don't question his ability. Whatever he measures at make no mistake he is a baller. He is more fundamentally sound than Patrick and he has football speed. His has great recovery skills, his hips are fluid, great hands, intelligent and more important he is a great kid. It's more like 1 and 1a if you want to compare him to Patrick. He is a solid tackler and in my opinion he has the potential to be the best CB this team has ever had. He is not gonna put up Ronde's sack #s but not many can. He is a prototype shut down corner and he is better than Talib. He is not injury prone, he can play special teams and again he is comparable to Patrick, just not built like him. Mo is also still developing as he played QB in high school so he has only played CB for three years. I can't recall ever seeing him get burned in any game and even Bama picked on Tyrann, not Mo in the BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. We would be lucky to get him.

Nice info.

I'll say one thing about him - he's an exceptionally smooth athlete.  You've got to be fluid to be a top corner back, and he's definitely that.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#92 : February 23, 2012, 02:08:21 PM

As someone who watched Mo the whole time he was at LSU my observations are as follows. Mo does not have the freak measurements Patrick does and he definately did not get as much hype as Patrick or even Tyrann but don't question his ability. Whatever he measures at make no mistake he is a baller. He is more fundamentally sound than Patrick and he has football speed. His has great recovery skills, his hips are fluid, great hands, intelligent and more important he is a great kid. It's more like 1 and 1a if you want to compare him to Patrick. He is a solid tackler and in my opinion he has the potential to be the best CB this team has ever had. He is not gonna put up Ronde's sack #s but not many can. He is a prototype shut down corner and he is better than Talib. He is not injury prone, he can play special teams and again he is comparable to Patrick, just not built like him. Mo is also still developing as he played QB in high school so he has only played CB for three years. I can't recall ever seeing him get burned in any game and even Bama picked on Tyrann, not Mo in the BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. We would be lucky to get him.

Great insight ,Samari. Love reading your Football stuff instead of your "Java" stuff.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#93 : February 23, 2012, 02:13:47 PM

Time will tell. But I'm not sold just yet. Should be interesting to see how his stock rises or falls over the next few weeks.

Sim

Starter

#94 : February 23, 2012, 02:51:22 PM

Does hiring Cooper mean we are without a doubt drafting Claiborne? No. Does it mean we have more insight and a little more push to do it? It's hard to disagree with that.

As for drafting RGIII, I doubt he gets to us and if he does, depending on FA and the FO's opinion on Griffin and Freeman, I'd see them trading back instead of taking him. Freeman had one really good year and one really bad year, it's hard to base it off that. Not to mention, what exactly do you do with Freeman if we draft Griffin?

After hearing Schiano's initial PC and interviews he gave shortly after being hired, he didn't seem to overly praise Freeman. I would even go as far as to say that he avoided giving a straight answer as to what he really thought about Freeman.

I could be wrong, but that's just the impression I got.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU DBs coach Ron Cooper to the Bucs is a done deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools