Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offense, This Team Neeeeeeds Offense!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GoBucs!!

Second String

: February 23, 2012, 06:19:35 AM

Im all for Claiborne but Im hoping by a MIRACLE we get Finnegan and/or Carr in Free Agency. IF can also land Nicks or Grubbs Im hoping the pick via a trade down is Riley Reiff in 1st round or even DeCastro if cant land Nicks nor Grubbs......

Im over 3 and out, Im over driving down field for 3 points, this offense needs players and the ability to score touchdowns!!!!!

Landing Nicks or Grubbs, draft Reiff, draft Allen or Fleener in 2nd. Defense was focus last 2 drafts and has gotten us nowhere, at least improve on Offense!

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 23, 2012, 07:35:28 AM

Coffman!!!!!!!!

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 23, 2012, 07:40:16 AM

Defense, This Team Neeeeeds Defense!!!!!

See how easy it easy to change that around?

Offense didn't give up 30+ points every game basically. DEFENSE DID.

You aint going to win **CENSORED** in this league if your defense can't stop anyone.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 23, 2012, 07:52:00 AM

@ GoBucs
Football is a team sport. Something many fans forget. Bringing in a stud WR won't do much if the team isn't working together. We already have playmakers on this team that can score. People forget we had a boneheaded coaching staff not to mention an idiot as our OC. How can players excel if they are bound by bad coaching? What this team needs to address is defense especially at the CB and LB positions. We don't know if Talib is going to jail and Ronde could retire at any time. Also Foster and Watson are the only two I am willing to keep at LB. On offense Blount did pretty good considering half the games he played this year he had less than 11 carries a game. Yet well alll knew if he received close the 20 carries a we more than likely win. Yet the coaching staff still abandoned the run know that fact. The WR corps is pretty good. Fans complained they couldn't get separation.  If I can predict what the offense is going to do while looking at the game from the bar, what in the world a DC in the NFL will do. I don't care who we had, you can't get much separation if you don't fool defenses and are very predictable. Our offense is bad to the point the draft and FA should focus mainly in that area.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 23, 2012, 08:00:04 AM

we need to either try and become a run oriented defensive powerhouse or try and make Freeman an elite QB.  the direction should be based on how the organization feels about Freeman's potential.  but being mediocre but balanced shouldn't be  an option. 

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 23, 2012, 08:16:59 AM

we need to either try and become a run oriented defensive powerhouse or try and make Freeman an elite QB.  the direction should be based on how the organization feels about Freeman's potential.  but being mediocre but balanced shouldn't be  an option.
Yeah, this team goes nowhere without Freeman. Get him help, that should be the #1 priority.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 23, 2012, 08:26:29 AM

We have a young offense that is coming off a tough year but looked amazing in 2010. Meanwhile the defense has sucked for years and continues to get worse each year. Hmmm.....I think we need defensive players just as bad as offense.

Improve the O-line and get a couple quality RBs to fill out the backfield.....but then use the rest of the draft, FA, and trades to rebuild this defense. We aren't going to win any games when we give up 30+ points every Sunday.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 23, 2012, 08:29:05 AM

Yeah, this team goes nowhere without Freeman. Get him help, that should be the #1 priority.

I think it should be the other way around as well. Can't argue to give Freeman help if he doesn't pull his head out of his a$$ with his three yard passes.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 23, 2012, 08:30:43 AM

I think it should be the other way around as well. Can't argue to give Freeman help if he doesn't pull his head out of his a$$ with his three yard passes.

Yeah he should just throw the ball down field into coverage instead.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 23, 2012, 08:31:44 AM

We have a young offense that is coming off a tough year but looked amazing in 2010. Meanwhile the defense has sucked for years and continues to get worse each year. Hmmm.....I think we need defensive players just as bad as offense.

Improve the O-line and get a couple quality RBs to fill out the backfield.....but then use the rest of the draft, FA, and trades to rebuild this defense. We aren't going to win any games when we give up 30+ points every Sunday.

we either have to figure out a way to outscore two of the best offenses in the league or stop them.  being average on both sides isn't going to cut it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 23, 2012, 08:34:26 AM

we either have to figure out a way to outscore two of the best offenses in the league or stop them.  being average on both sides isn't going to cut it.

I disagree. We don't have to be amazing on either side of the ball to beat the Falcons or the Saints. We just have to be solid and consistent in all three phases of the game. Running the ball welll and controlling the time of possession is a huge factor. Forcing their drives to be long and drawn out rather than quick scores is also a big part of winning.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 23, 2012, 09:06:49 AM

it ain't the Falcons that I'm worried about.  Its the Saints and Panthers.  and there are really only two successful formulas for going far in this league.  are we going to try and be the Ravens or do we think Freeman can develop into a future league MVP?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 23, 2012, 09:23:26 AM

it ain't the Falcons that I'm worried about.  Its the Saints and Panthers.  and there are really only two successful formulas for going far in this league.  are we going to try and be the Ravens or do we think Freeman can develop into a future league MVP?

Last I checked... the Raven's haven't made it to the Super Bowl in the last 10 years.  The biggest difference between them and the Steelers is Flacco and Ben.  Hence... if all things are equal, the QB is the tie-breaker.

The things that Schiano and Dominik are going to have to figure out before the draft comes, is how good the current players really are.  During the Morris years, this team spent a lot of high picks on defense... as well as the few free agents (signing AND re-signing).  IF the DLine is secure, then the 2nd and 3rd levels should be able to be addressed equally, between the draft and FA, meaning draft a CB and sign 2, draft and sign 1 LB.

That brings us to the offense.  IF they believe Freeman is the future, then they need to help him as much as possible.  They'll have to go out and sign and draft as many offensive upgrades as possible.  Replacing True and Faine, adding to the backfield, ensuring the TE position, and upgrading the WR's.  This team on offense has too many complimentary players and not enough "go-to" guys.

Let's all hope I'm wrong about Freeman, because if I'm right and they feel the way I do about him... we're screwed.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 23, 2012, 09:26:41 AM

the ravens were a missed chip shot away from going this last season.  it's a formula that can work.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 23, 2012, 10:39:05 AM

THere is a lot more talent on the offense than the defense IMO.  The offense will look a lot better with better schemes and some discipline.  The defense needs NFL-quality players that can be relied upon to play for a whole season.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offense, This Team Neeeeeeds Offense!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools