Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Freeman get criticized properly for his performance in 2011? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#75 : February 23, 2012, 11:27:40 PM

An old school coach probably would have benched him early in the season and it was probably exactly what he needed. Not because he's not the guy, but because on 1st down at the goal line you can't just throw a jump ball where there are 7 Falcons in the area. There were other times he was throwing to the first read without even looking at the defense.

He should have been benched. He was awful. What did not benching him accomplish? I think he would have learned more from the bench last year. I agree with the point that he wasn't looking at the defenses. I would say he wasn't reading defenses very well at all last year. The question is, can he read a defense? Or is that something that he is still in the process of developing? It's hard to tell with a young QB. There are growing pains.

At the same time I criticise Freeman, I have to say the offense was garbage. The play calling was atrocious. So, this year he starts with a new system and a clean slate. I'm hoping we get a good back-up Qb in here in case he falters again. I doubt Schiano wants to be a one year wonder and I'm sure he won't hesitate to bench Freeman if he continues to look so lost in the new offense.

I'm hoping Freeman turns it around this year. If he does it will confirm my su**CENSORED**ion that the coaching was the biggest problem last year.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#76 : February 23, 2012, 11:28:30 PM

How does the word su**CENSORED**ion get censored? That's retarded.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#77 : February 23, 2012, 11:35:05 PM

Your language offends me.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#78 : February 24, 2012, 12:13:51 AM

I agree that it's taking it too far.  Especially since I've never seen anyone on this forum EVER use the word they are trying to censor.

gone

Hall of Famer
#79 : February 24, 2012, 02:09:09 AM

Bottom line on this question is that the 2011 season has to be taken with not a grain, but a bucket of salt when it comes to evaluating performance.  Raheem was probably the single most incompetent head coach in league history, maybe even in pro sports history. He is the Chuck Norris of fail.  The staff under him was not much better.

Players can sometimes win in spite of bad coaching, 2010 is a perfect example, but in the end it hurts them.  Talented people carried raheem.  But his lack of leadership and basic competence eventually sank them and his own hopes.

JohnBuc06

Starter

#80 : February 24, 2012, 10:16:34 AM

Bottom line on this question is that the 2011 season has to be taken with not a grain, but a bucket of salt when it comes to evaluating performance.  Raheem was probably the single most incompetent head coach in league history, maybe even in pro sports history. He is the Chuck Norris of fail.  The staff under him was not much better.

Players can sometimes win in spite of bad coaching, 2010 is a perfect example, but in the end it hurts them.  Talented people carried raheem.  But his lack of leadership and basic competence eventually sank them and his own hopes.

That's my exact thoughts on 2011 ...it was a complete wash due to the lack of leadership shown at the coaching level.  The only thing we got out of it is some more game speed experience for our young guys.  Hopefully the new staff can give these guys a foundation to start building on. 

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#81 : February 24, 2012, 10:46:58 AM

/thread....?

Brilliant analysis.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#82 : February 24, 2012, 11:45:18 AM

If there was ever a way to say "I'm a Kool-Aid drinker" without actually saying it and trying to hide it, you've said it perfectly!!  Well done.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#83 : February 24, 2012, 11:50:43 AM

Josh Freeman was the worst starter in the league last year. Just atrociously bad. This year is major. If he bombs again, IMO he will be a backup for life. A bust.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#84 : February 24, 2012, 11:51:37 AM

Josh Freeman was the worst starter in the league last year. Just atrociously bad. This year is major. If he bombs again, IMO he will be a backup for life. A bust.

Exactly.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#85 : February 24, 2012, 12:21:11 PM

I wouldnt call him the worst starter last year but I would say he was bad. I think he will be given every opportunity to turn it around.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#86 : February 24, 2012, 12:33:54 PM

I wouldnt call him the worst starter last year but I would say he was bad. I think he will be given every opportunity to turn it around.

Yea..bit of a stretch to definatively say "the worst"..but he was near the bottom. When you think about it...outside of the top 10-12 QBs last year...there was a lot of bad QB play. Hopefully this coaching staff can right the ship.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Freeman get criticized properly for his performance in 2011? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools