Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And this is why I love Mason Foster « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: February 24, 2012, 12:58:01 AM

This hit never gets old. We need more old school football, I'm tired of this **CENSORED** bull**CENSORED**.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 24, 2012, 01:07:02 AM

Well that explains why Ocho is thinking of retiring.   I like Foster, haven't given up on him yet.  Depending what we do in free agency, and the draft, a move to the OLB could be in order.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : February 24, 2012, 01:34:49 AM

This is why I don't like "toast" Foster.

Today's game is passing oriented.   Your linebackers can't be getting burned all the time by the pass.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 24, 2012, 01:40:59 AM

This is why I don't like "toast" Foster.

Today's game is passing oriented.   Your linebackers can't be getting burned all the time by the pass.

He seems like a smart dude and should be able to pick up his game vs the pass...I think this will be the year to judge whether or not he can be a starter on this defense for the forseeable future given that more competent coaching will be on hand. He showed some athleticism and hopefully will have a breakout year...whether inside or out.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 24, 2012, 01:42:54 AM

I was very vocal about how people are not going to like Mason Foster before and after we picked him. He is a replacement level player, will never be better than Ruud, and that is going to be evident when he's out of a starting job in a year or two.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 24, 2012, 01:54:10 AM

I love how every time a new topic is started about certain players who've struggled....there are always the "I told you so" people. I know it feels good to pat yourself on the back every once and a while...but in this case...it may be a little premature. Its up in the air with Foster at this point..he played average-below average for much of the year...there are no rose colored glasses on my face regarding Foster....but seriously...he was a rookie, thrown in right away with hardly any offseason, a terrible defensive scheme, terrible positional coaching, injuries galore, and the offense couldn't sustain drives to allow the defense to rest. Let's see what he can do with these new coaches and see what they decide to do with him position-wise before we label him a failure or bust in waiting.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 24, 2012, 01:58:13 AM

Dude got injured and is still waiting for his first session with a professional level coach.  Cut him some slack.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 24, 2012, 01:59:35 AM

Never better than Ruud, damn that's not a fair comparison, Ruud was one of the best defensive players in the entire NFL. Cmon man not many MLB can get run the F over in the endzone by a QB like Ruud, no MLB can get **CENSORED** slapped around like Ruud, not many players period can play as poorly as Ruud plays. Ruud sucks so bad even Tennessee wishes they wouldn't have signed him. Name one great game Ruud had and I can name more bad games. Ruud sucks and always has, he just had Derrick to cover for his mangina.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 24, 2012, 02:23:40 AM

Never better than Ruud, damn that's not a fair comparison, Ruud was one of the best defensive players in the entire NFL. Cmon man not many MLB can get run the F over in the endzone by a QB like Ruud, no MLB can get **CENSORED** slapped around like Ruud, not many players period can play as poorly as Ruud plays. Ruud sucks so bad even Tennessee wishes they wouldn't have signed him. Name one great game Ruud had and I can name more bad games. Ruud sucks and always has, he just had Derrick to cover for his mangina.

Without getting into the whole Ruud debate, I have to say there is something about this post I agree with.  We have not drafted a real badass since Sapp I think.  The closest we have been is. Guy who beat his wife in pittman and a punk who attacks cabbies in talib.  I am hoping for better now, schiano appears to have a pair, we know Cox and Byner have some big hairy ones, so hopefully we start getting men on this team instead of pansies and punks.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 24, 2012, 02:41:59 AM

Dude got injured and is still waiting for his first session with a professional level coach.  Cut him some slack.

And a full offseason of preparation...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 24, 2012, 02:55:47 AM

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

flaitguy

Starter
#11 : February 24, 2012, 07:25:15 AM

that was a bad call too. the game happens too fast to call that stuff. intentional calculated to the helmet ok, but I couldn't even see that. It could have easily been leading with the shoulder, certainly that was his body posturing.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 24, 2012, 07:43:53 AM

We have not drafted a real badass since Sapp I think. 

You're right... Lets draft Burfict!

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 24, 2012, 07:55:47 AM

I love how every time a new topic is started about certain players who've struggled....there are always the "I told you so" people. I know it feels good to pat yourself on the back every once and a while...but in this case...it may be a little premature. Its up in the air with Foster at this point..he played average-below average for much of the year...there are no rose colored glasses on my face regarding Foster....but seriously...he was a rookie, thrown in right away with hardly any offseason, a terrible defensive scheme, terrible positional coaching, injuries galore, and the offense couldn't sustain drives to allow the defense to rest. Let's see what he can do with these new coaches and see what they decide to do with him position-wise before we label him a failure or bust in waiting.

This is probably the most fair and unbias post so far.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 24, 2012, 07:57:03 AM

This hit never gets old. We need more old school football, I'm tired of this **CENSORED** bull**CENSORED**.

To be honest I actually liked Chad's response when Foster was rummored to be fined for that hit.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And this is why I love Mason Foster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools