Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And this is why I love Mason Foster « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 24, 2012, 08:31:05 AM

This is why I don't like "toast" Foster.

Today's game is passing oriented.   Your linebackers can't be getting burned all the time by the pass.

OH NOES! He gave up a TD to the best TE of all time?!!? BUST!

Draft Aaron Donald

lowlife

Starter
#16 : February 24, 2012, 08:59:22 AM

I don't think he was ever cut out to be a Mike in the T2 running up the seam. He's meant to play downhill. He'll play very well in this more aggressive scheme.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 24, 2012, 09:29:58 AM

Mason had 84 tackles last year, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 1 int. He started 15 games.

In Ruud's first two years COMBINED he had 74 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 int, 0 FF, started 5 games.

Now, Mason's stats are better, but he wasn't stuck behind Shelton Quarles.
When Ruud finally got to start he had better stats, but he had the opportunity to learn behind Quarles.
Double edged sword.
Give Mason a chance to learn.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 24, 2012, 09:44:35 AM

Few rookie players ever succeed with no off-season program. Too much responsibility too soon, and not enough decent coaching. This young man has the talent, skills, and intelligence to be really good, if not great, player for our Bucs. He needs experience and he needs coaching. I am confident that he will get exactly that in 2012.

It appears that Java's intense hatred for all things Raheem includes players he drafted.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 24, 2012, 10:01:51 AM

can anyone find the play where Foster stuffed chris ivory on a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 play?

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#20 : February 24, 2012, 12:08:15 PM

Wasn't impressed with Foster. But the guy is a rookie, so he gets time. The defense clearly took a big step back with Foster as the leader of the defense instead of Ruud....the only other changes were Clayborn and Bennett/Bowers starting instead of Stylez White and Tim Crowder(which most would say was an upgrade), yet the defense played much worse.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#21 : February 24, 2012, 12:27:31 PM

I was very impressed early. Then he got injured (ankle) and then he got injured again ( other ankle ). Other than a broken forearm I can't think of worse injuries for a MLB to have. take that into account with what everyone else has mentioned obout off season and its totally unfair to get an opinion of this guy that is negative.  He laid out more guys in his first 4 starts than Ruud ever did.  I didn't like Ruud from the time he actually got to play, he simply would shy away from contact and that isn't good for anyone in the NFL.

lowlife

Starter
#22 : February 24, 2012, 01:00:58 PM

Wasn't impressed with Foster. But the guy is a rookie, so he gets time. The defense clearly took a big step back with Foster as the leader of the defense instead of Ruud....the only other changes were Clayborn and Bennett/Bowers starting instead of Stylez White and Tim Crowder(which most would say was an upgrade), yet the defense played much worse.

I would say that's part of the reason, but making it out to be all his fault is stupid. Morris' gameplanning finally caught up with him, McCoy going down after a promising start, and the whole team giving up in most games might also play a part.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#23 : February 24, 2012, 01:02:06 PM

This is why I don't like "toast" Foster.

Today's game is passing oriented.   Your linebackers can't be getting burned all the time by the pass.

OH NOES! He gave up a TD to the best TE of all time?!!? BUST!

I seriously doubt at his advanced age that old man Gonzalez is playing at a greatest TE of all time level at this point.

Show me a photo of Ruud getting burned by the pass like that.   Ruud was a monster in pass defense.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#24 : February 24, 2012, 01:05:31 PM

It appears that Java's intense hatred for all things Raheem includes players he drafted.

I like the following Morris draft picks:

Mike Williams
Luke Stocker
Adrian Clayborn
Brian Price
Cody Grimm
Dekoda Watson
Erik Lorig

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 24, 2012, 01:44:40 PM

Foster is going to be a stud.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 24, 2012, 01:46:37 PM

I like the following Morris draft picks:

Mike Williams
Luke Stocker
Adrian Clayborn
Brian Price
Cody Grimm
Dekoda Watson
Erik Lorig

No love for Bowers or Benn?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 24, 2012, 03:17:14 PM

I understand that Bowers saw limited action, but how could you not like what you saw? The Dude made a difference nearly every game he was in.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Stratobuc

Starter
#28 : February 24, 2012, 03:22:19 PM

Foster had a tough year, but I really think this change in staff will help him be the player we hoped he would be.

player101

Starter
#29 : February 24, 2012, 03:22:57 PM

Never better than Ruud, damn that's not a fair comparison, Ruud was one of the best defensive players in the entire NFL. Cmon man not many MLB can get run the F over in the endzone by a QB like Ruud, no MLB can get **CENSORED** slapped around like Ruud, not many players period can play as poorly as Ruud plays. Ruud sucks so bad even Tennessee wishes they wouldn't have signed him. Name one great game Ruud had and I can name more bad games. Ruud sucks and always has, he just had Derrick to cover for his mangina.
In defense of Ruud (I am not a fan of his BTW), the LB play went from poor to utterly horrible without him. Sure Ruud was soft as a pillow, but he did something out there that made our LB corp a better unit in 2010 than 2011.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And this is why I love Mason Foster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools