Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I would take Janoris Jenkins over Mo Claiborne « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

: February 24, 2012, 04:33:57 PM

I know there are off the field issues, but I believe he's clean now and stayed out of trouble except for an on field temper issue at NAU.

This is my reasoning. Mo Claiborne has never covered anyone! He was the number 2 corner behind Patrick Peterson first and this passed season, who is the best receiver he faced? He never played Alshon Jeffery. Julio and AJ Green were gone.

Reuben Randle with the crap that was/is LSU's quarterbacks?

The kid is a talent, but it's not like he's faced anyone worth while. Hell, Dennard's stock fell to the second round after Jeffery put up 100 yards in the first half against him.

I don't think you can take Claiborne at number 5 when the dude has never been the guy assigned to shutting down a legitimate NFL target. Jenkins has.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 24, 2012, 04:40:59 PM

while i wont argue that he didnt face the guys jenkins did, the off field issues are big. you really have to be dumb to keep failing drug tests for weed. jenkins production at the d2 level really wasnt that great either. im assuming teams stayed away from him but id still expect more out of him

that being said i would gladly take jenkins if we traded back. i would hope hes learned a life lesson now and can keep himself clean
: February 24, 2012, 04:42:39 PM dexmonkey

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 24, 2012, 04:41:00 PM

No gator bias here. Nope, not at all.

NYC Bucs Fan

Starter

#3 : February 24, 2012, 04:43:24 PM

lulz

bamabucs

Starter

#4 : February 24, 2012, 04:43:41 PM

I like Jenkins over Claiborne as well, but I like neither at #5.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 24, 2012, 04:44:33 PM

Facts are facts. Claiborne has never faced anyone at the level of Jeffery, Jones, or Green. Jenkins shut all 3 down.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 24, 2012, 04:45:07 PM

I like Jenkins over Claiborne as well, but I like neither at #5.
Let me guess. Dre Kirkpatrick?

geetech84

Starter

#7 : February 24, 2012, 04:46:22 PM

I wouldn't take none at the 5 spot..I know ppl take Claiborne the pick..because we need CB and we got his coach..but I have a feeling. they wanted a good DB coach and he was proven cause the players he coach..not only that make ppl and other team think thats a sure pick if he there..

I think the buc's really want to trade down..get extra picks or for a player and their 1st who knows..

it could be Eagles if they Tag. D.Jackson.  or if the Steelers some how Tag Mike Wallace..Trade with either team for their player and their 1st ..then .maybe if Janoris Jenkins  there take him..but I have a feeling he maybe be able get in the 2nd or 3rd
: February 24, 2012, 04:48:25 PM geetech84

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 24, 2012, 04:48:08 PM

I wouldn't take none at the 5 spot..I know ppl take Claiborne the pick..because we need CB and we got his coach..but I have a feeling. they wanted a good DB coach and he was proven cause the players he coach..not only that make ppl and other team think thats a sure pick if he there..

I think the buc's really want to trade down..get extra picks or for a player and their 1st who knows..

if could be Eagles if they Tag. D.Jackson.  or if the Steelers some how Tag Mike Wallace..Trade with either team for their player and their 1st ..then .maybe if Janoris Jenkins  there take him..but I have a feeling he maybe be able get in the 2nd or 3rd
Jenkins won't get passed the Cowboys or any of the teams that lost corners to FA.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 24, 2012, 04:48:28 PM

I know there are off the field issues, but I believe he's clean now and stayed out of trouble except for an on field temper issue at NAU.

This is my reasoning. Mo Claiborne has never covered anyone! He was the number 2 corner behind Patrick Peterson first and this passed season, who is the best receiver he faced? He never played Alshon Jeffery. Julio and AJ Green were gone.

The kid is a talent, but it's not like he's faced anyone worth while. Hell, Dennard's stock fell to the second round after Jeffery put up 100 yards in the first half against him.

I don't think you can take Claiborne at number 5 when the dude has never been the guy assigned to shutting down a legitimate NFL target. Jenkins has.
I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. First, you try to minimize Jenkins' character issues. Well, at one point, they were significant enough for him to have to switch schools. How confident are you in your belief that he has changed himself? Scouts I've listened to say they try to make a distinction between a college player's misdeeds--were they the result of immaturity or were they indicative of deeper character traits? I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that.

Knocking Claiborne down because he hasn't faced what you consider a legitimate NFL target is odd, because, well, if true, he didn't play against one. It would be different if he had played against one and got torched, but you make no mention of such an event. For some reason, you bring Dennard into the discussion--perhaps to knock down Claiborne?

Are you saying that you would rather draft Jenkins over Claiborne at #5 should both be available?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 24, 2012, 04:49:23 PM

Facts are facts. Claiborne has never faced anyone at the level of Jeffery, Jones, or Green. Jenkins shut all 3 down.

what do you think would happen if claiborne faced those guys?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 24, 2012, 04:49:25 PM

no way in hell hes there in the 3rd. very doubtful hes there in the second. i doubt he gets past the cowboys

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 24, 2012, 04:50:14 PM

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. First, you try to minimize Jenkins' character issues. Well, at one point, they were significant enough for him to have to switch schools. How confident are you in your belief that he has changed himself? Scouts I've listened to say they try to make a distinction between a college player's misdeeds--were they the result of immaturity or were they indicative of deeper character traits? I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that.

Knocking Claiborne down because he hasn't faced what you consider a legitimate NFL target is odd, because, well, if true, he didn't play against one. It would be different if he had played against one and got torched, but you make no mention of such an event. For some reason, you bring Dennard into the discussion--perhaps to knock down Claiborne?

Are you saying that you would rather draft Jenkins over Claiborne at #5 should both be available?
1) yes, becuase I know Jenkins has elite cover ability. I don't with Claiborne because it's never been proven.
2) I'd optimally like to trade down to around 10, gain an extra 2nd and add a 4th, and take Jenkins there.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 24, 2012, 04:52:38 PM

i just wonder if hes lost his touch. he hasnt faced an elite receiver in 2 years now. his skills might be rusty and he could be in danger of playing down to other's level

bashear

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 24, 2012, 04:54:24 PM

1) yes, becuase I know Jenkins has elite cover ability. I don't with Claiborne because it's never been proven.
2) I'd optimally like to trade down to around 10, gain an extra 2nd and add a 4th, and take Jenkins there.
Here's where my lack of college football viewing hurts, as I have never seen anything other than clips of Jenkins play. To those have seen Jenkins cover these top WRs, can you tell me about the coverage? Was Jenkins on an island against them, or did he have coverage over the top for the most part?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I would take Janoris Jenkins over Mo Claiborne « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools