Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I would take Janoris Jenkins over Mo Claiborne « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 24, 2012, 04:55:10 PM

i just wonder if hes lost his touch. he hasnt faced an elite receiver in 2 years now. his skills might be rusty and he could be in danger of playing down to other's level
It's been 1 year. In that same period, it's not like Claiborne really faced anyone either.

geetech84

Starter

#16 : February 24, 2012, 05:03:00 PM

I wouldn't take none at the 5 spot..I know ppl take Claiborne the pick..because we need CB and we got his coach..but I have a feeling. they wanted a good DB coach and he was proven cause the players he coach..not only that make ppl and other team think thats a sure pick if he there..

I think the buc's really want to trade down..get extra picks or for a player and their 1st who knows..

if could be Eagles if they Tag. D.Jackson.  or if the Steelers some how Tag Mike Wallace..Trade with either team for their player and their 1st ..then .maybe if Janoris Jenkins  there take him..but I have a feeling he maybe be able get in the 2nd or 3rd
Jenkins won't get passed the Cowboys or any of the teams that lost corners to FA.

ok how about trade with the cowboys for the 1st and some extra..cause I'm beting they would love take Claiborne..because on there broad probably has Claiborne number 1 "Next PrimeTime"..and would make that deal to grab him..cowboys can be like falcons.. give up alot one player

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 24, 2012, 05:17:24 PM

There is too much risk associated with Jenkins in the top 10.  The bucs will have all of the inside information on Claiborne with hiring his position coach almost the same way they did when they drafted Freeman.  If they do go with Claiborne is because of inside knowledge of his character and ability to play.  Personally I wouldn't mind drafting Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon, Richardson or Griffin III.  With a top 5 pick you need to take the best player or difference maker available.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 24, 2012, 05:39:03 PM

Clearly your a gator faithful. Jenkins isn't in the same class as Claiborne or Kirkpatrick for that matter. Jenkins is a finesse CB. Claiborne and Kirkpatrick are true cover corners

CJBROOKS09

Second String
#19 : February 24, 2012, 05:54:56 PM

Clearly your a gator faithful. Jenkins isn't in the same class as Claiborne or Kirkpatrick for that matter. Jenkins is a finesse CB. Claiborne and Kirkpatrick are true cover corners

I agree with yu on Jenkins. Now hear me out. If the BUCS keep Talib, Jenkins would be ok on the back side.  Biggers at 3 and maybe Jackson and Grimm aare our safeties. I know many will eat me up because of all the veriables. I am just looking at away to score more picks.

GO BUCS!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 24, 2012, 05:55:49 PM

I like Jenkins over Claiborne as well, but I like neither at #5.
This. Take Richardson, Jenkins, and Janzen Jackson and that team is potent on both sides.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 24, 2012, 05:57:23 PM

Jenkins put a blanket over Alshon Jeffery. Gator bias aside, he is without a doubt the 2nd best if not the best press cover corners in the draft.

CJBROOKS09

Second String
#22 : February 24, 2012, 06:00:01 PM

Didn't we "THE BUCS"  give up our 3rd or 4th round pick last year? I hope we trade back and stock pile picks.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 24, 2012, 06:01:27 PM

Didn't we "THE BUCS"  give up our 3rd or 4th round pick last year? I hope we trade back and stock pile picks.
Yup, we gave away our fourth. I'm thinking TB should trade back in round 2, to the middle of the second and get a 4th back if possible. I like our chances to get an elite talent at CB or RB.

McCoy93

Starter

#24 : February 24, 2012, 06:02:33 PM

this thread makes no sense to me at all

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 24, 2012, 06:08:53 PM

And if Urban Meyer hadn't "retired", Jenkins would've stayed at UF and we wouldn't have had this problem. He'd be the number 1 corner off the board.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 24, 2012, 06:09:36 PM

this thread makes no sense to me at all
neither does naming yourself after Rejus Benn.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 24, 2012, 06:47:31 PM

Claibourne is taller, faster, and a better tackler. He's also never been in trouble with the law, whereas Jenkins was arrested three times in one year. Case closed.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 24, 2012, 06:50:16 PM

Claibourne is taller, faster, and a better tackler. He's also never been in trouble with the law, whereas Jenkins was arrested three times in one year. Case closed.
Again, who has Claiborne ever shut down of note?

The midget receivers from Arkansas? Marquis Maze? The scat backs from West Virginia and Oregon? At least when we drafted Talib, he'd guarded some big time receivers.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#29 : February 24, 2012, 06:56:35 PM

I'd take Claiborne over Jenkins every time

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I would take Janoris Jenkins over Mo Claiborne « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools